Author Topic: Some weird Wii problems, anyone have them?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Some weird Wii problems, anyone have them?
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
I've ran into a few problems with my Wii and was wondering if these are common or not:

1. Sometimes when I shut the system via the Wiimote the screen goes black but the little power indicator stays green and it is almost like it has froze up since you can't turn it on nor off. I have to go physically push down the power off button on the system itself for it to actually go into stand by mode.

2. When connecting to the Wii store I get "connecting" and it just stays like that for a long time and doesn't time out or anything (one time it was doing it for 20 minutes), even holding down the power button on the Wiimote to turn the system off doesn't work either (BTW updates work fine along with sending and receiving Miis, it just seems to be the store that does this)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline thepoga

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Some weird Wii problems, anyone have them?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 01:01:28 PM »
Yeah I have the same thing (2) happen with mine when I try to connect to the shop. I think it's just Nintendo's servers acting up.

One huge thing I'm concerned with. Does anybody have weird tiny cracks in their Wiimotes? On the top, in the shiny plastic, there are tiny little cracks that can just barely be seen. It's around most prominently where the speakers are... I hope its just an early manufacturing flaw or something, because I don't mind too much. I'm just surprised that Nintendo overlooked something like that maybe. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Anybody else seen this?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
RE:Some weird Wii problems, anyone have them?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
I hope it is the servers, btw I have not noticed the crack I'll have to look tonight. One other problem I encountered was sometimes it takes longer for some Wii channels to load (especially the game channel). Not sure if I should call Nintendo up or what because I'm not sure I want to send my system in when I haven't played Zelda yet and already have a VC game on it (LoZ).

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:10:23 PM »

Originally posted by: thepoga
Does anybody have weird tiny cracks in their Wiimotes? On the top, in the shiny plastic, there are tiny little cracks that can just barely be seen. It's around most prominently where the speakers are... I hope its just an early manufacturing flaw or something, because I don't mind too much. I'm just surprised that Nintendo overlooked something like that maybe. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Anybody else seen this?

I haven't noticed, but without even looking at mine to see, I can tell you that it sounds like a normal occurrence with the type of plastic used to make the Wii-mote casing. They probably aren't actually cracks or flaws or defects it is just a normal COSMETIC symptom of this type of plastic.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Leck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 02:13:22 PM »
Don't you mean, some wiird problems?

[ something witty here ]

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »
The plastic thing is just probably a plastic mold thing nothing critical just cosmetic. The Wii shop channel does take a little while sometimes. And the green light thing happened to me once it was stuck on green for 4 min and then just turned yellow/amber
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 02:58:37 PM »
I had your 2nd issue happen to me all day yesterday, and then I changed the channel on my router from 6 to 11, which fixed it instantly. Give that a shot.

As for the cracks on the remote, I have those to, and they're coming off the right side of the speaker. It's just a cosmetic flaw with molds, and I've seen it somewhere before on other hardware (GC controllers, maybe). Don't get too worked up about it, it's not really something that can be avoided.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Some weird Wii problems, anyone have them?
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 03:07:59 PM »
A wiird problem that I got is that there is a limit to how many Miis you can send at a daily basis, you can only send 20 *boooooooooo*.

I've also had the system crash while exiting the Mii channel.

Offline WPack911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
I've ran into a few problems with my Wii and was wondering if these are common or not:

1. Sometimes when I shut the system via the Wiimote the screen goes black but the little power indicator stays green and it is almost like it has froze up since you can't turn it on nor off. I have to go physically push down the power off button on the system itself for it to actually go into stand by mode.

2. When connecting to the Wii store I get "connecting" and it just stays like that for a long time and doesn't time out or anything (one time it was doing it for 20 minutes), even holding down the power button on the Wiimote to turn the system off doesn't work either (BTW updates work fine along with sending and receiving Miis, it just seems to be the store that does this)

Both of these have happened to me at one time, however I just waited for about 15 sec's on the Wii turn off one and it finally turned off.  They are minor problems, and they happen very rarely for me so I am content.
Does Nintendo Still rule after all these years?  Maybe now more then ever.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 04:25:28 PM »
Kind of hard to switch my router because I'm using the Wireless dongle from Nintendo (at least I don't think I can!).

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 04:48:13 PM »
Yeah, that could throw a monkey wrench into that idea, hehe. How far is your wii from your computer, and do you have anything blocking it, like walls, cabinets, or other stuff?
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 04:57:19 PM »
Well yeah I have a door (the Wii is in my bedroom, computer is in the office). It is weird though because the vc store worked when I first tried it out, but no luck now!

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 08:24:26 PM »

I've had this happened to me twice now.  I had to pull the power plug to turn it off and then when I try logging into the store again, it works.  Really strange, I'm gonna try the router thing.  Hopefully it'll stop this problem.  Has anybody notice that the Wii gets very warm in standby mode?

Offline MilkManX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 02:10:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Martin Q. Blank

2 Has anybody notice that the Wii gets very warm in standby mode?

Yeah I noticed that too!

Wii Friend Code 3896 5966 4421 6752