Author Topic: What Do we want from the wii successor  (Read 39213 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: What Do we want from the wii successor
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2010, 09:05:52 PM »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2010, 09:06:14 PM »
Ha ha, nice. I like the "Party like its 1985" one. I think I've seen most of those on t-shirts.

Also, there is an edit button. Please use it instead of creating multiple posts one after another.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
Oh sorry. I have never done this before. What does everyone think? You can find most of this stuff on ebay if your interested. If I ever bought the ROB robot, I would do something similar to help it blend into the wii. Now you see why I want an external hard drive in the form of a NES controller that fits into the USB port.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:13:10 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »
I'd prefer mine to be in the factory painted black, or professionally done NES style w/ the red light. All under the gloss though.

No stickers or cheap paint jobs. That's like putting bumper stickers on my car pr using spray paint to add racing stripes and I would never do that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:13:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
I'd prefer mine to be in the factory painted black, or professionally done NES style w/ the red light. All under the gloss though.

No stickers or cheap paint jobs. That's like putting bumper stickers on my car pr using spray paint to add racing stripes and I would never do that.

Would it be possible to get some of the staff from NWR to see these pictures? I feel like I am in the spot light now for some reason. Wait until you see what I did to my DSi.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
That mock-up for a classic NES style Wii is AWESOME.  Simple.  Effective.  Attractive.  If a case mod like that was available, I'd buy!

Some of the stickers posted above made me laugh too.  I wouldn't use them on my own Wii, but they were fun to see.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2010, 09:47:11 PM »
i love how there's a single post for the "Wii-tarded" picture. I can see that becoming useful.....
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

Can anyone send pictures of their system(s)?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:12:09 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2010, 12:15:58 AM »
Did anyone notice my game collection?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:26 AM »
Yes. You should get more Mario games!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
I noticed they are touching PS2 games.

Sickening
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
After nearly five years, Microsoft has still not done anything to make the RROD go away.

That's just completely incorrect. The Xbox 360 systems have undergone numerous changes as far as architecture and hardware go. Modern 360s have a completely normal failure rate for electronics. It's not like they can go back and upgrade all the old Xboxes to the new hardware.

I do not like that Microsoft now owns Rare and its IPs.

Okay, so you don't like the company and refuse to buy an Xbox because they made what they believed at the time to be a sound business decision (which turned out bad since Rare already sucked by the time they bought them)? That's just foolish.

It's too big and bulky and the buttons are too small to press.

While it is bigger than the Dual Shock, the buttons are exactly the same size.

I do not like how Microsoft charges its customers for its online service when its competitors offer it for free.

You mean charges its customers less than $5/month for a vastly superior online service for all games on their system?

The design of th 360 looks poor

You're really going to complain about aesthetics?

I do not like its extendable disc tray because it is prone to jamming and the last generation console had the same thing.

My disc tray has never ever jammed and I've NEVER even heard of that problem, either from my friends or anybody online.

Last, Microsoft forces its customers to use their hard drives, while wii can use any SD card and the PS3 allows its hard drive to be interchangable.

Proprietary hard drives kind of suck but it's not like they're horrendously expensive, and if you buy new, they come with one anyway.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2010, 02:29:55 AM »
Yes. You should get more Mario games!

I am planning to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 when it comes out. It's kind of funny that most of my games are 3rd party.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2010, 04:27:43 AM »
But you don't want Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, or the others?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »
I agree with KT in regards to the 360. The success of the system completely baffles me. So many people were willing to throw down hundreds of dollars for a piece of equipment that will certainely fall apart. So bizarre.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
I agree with KT in regards to the 360. The success of the system completely baffles me. So many people were willing to throw down hundreds of dollars for a piece of equipment that will certainely fall apart. So bizarre.

After five years, there still has not been much of a credible improvement for the hard ware. It is still faulty and prone to RROD.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
I think we're getting a little off topic here.

Regarding transfering games and saves I would say that the potential lost revenue of someone selling their Wii with downloaded games on it is made up for in the customer appreciation that comes from having a hassle-free service that doesn't assume that everyone is a crook.  I think it would be more damaging to piss off your customers.  It isn't like there's this underground scene of pirates buying additional consoles so they can transfer their downloaded games to it.  Just let the honest people move their games forward to their new console and they'll continue to be happy customers that want to continue to give you their business.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »
Easy transfer to the next system is part of the reason why I don't buy from the shop all that often.
The main reason is already part of that same issue. I spit my time between 2 different Wiis and most of my shop downloads are on the Wii I see least. If I could connect them both to my MYNintendo account, then it wouldn't matter where I download my stuff since I would be able to play it on either system (as long as they both are connected to WiiConnect24). If I could do that, then I would probably own lots mote WiiWare and VC titles.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »
I meant to edit out that Halo 3 poster in the background of my pictures. As for the wii download transfers, Nintendo will probably do something lucrative to solve this issue once the time comes. Look at how Sony let down its consumers with the PSPGo.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
I'm sure that if Nintendo wanted to, they could come up with some way to transfer downloaded games to their next system, which I suspect will use the same Shop Channel catalogue. No reason to not. That's always the deciding factor with Nintendo though: if they want to.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2010, 08:43:47 PM »
Why should they when you can just repurchase them all over again :0.  Have one buddy who owns every release of the orginal Super Mario Brothers.  Even bought Animal Crossing just for it (well among the other Nes titles too). 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
Because that has the potential to angry over 100 million people who own a Wii at the time. I'm sure they'll want to give as much incentive as they can for people to buy the new system.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2010, 05:43:32 AM »
I think I've bought multiple copies of the old SMB games already. I first bought them back in the NES days when they were fresh and new, then on the SNES I got them again in the form of Super Mario All-stars, then I got them again on the Gameboy Advance with their re-releases, and then finally got them once more for the Wii VC.

So geez... now that I think about it I've been ripped off by Nintendo repeatedly.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2010, 05:46:17 AM »
It isn't a rip-off when you know exactly what it is you are buying. If you bought a game that was advertised as being a new Mario game and ended up being Super Mario Brothers, that would be a rip-off.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »
It isn't a rip-off when you know exactly what it is you are buying. If you bought a game that was advertised as being a new Mario game and ended up being Super Mario Brothers, that would be a rip-off.

No, its still a rip-off because if I want to play these old games again I have to re-purchase them, even though I had already purchased them several times before.
is your sanity...