Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157475 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
So with it coming to Hulu is it safe to assume this will be a more 'mature' series? Maybe we'll see a return of Daredevil and Luke Cage too?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't know about DD and LC, but I would expect the Hulu series to be more mature.  Keeping it off D+ gives them that leverage.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
My concern is Marvel Studios having nothing to do with it...
But atleast it's technically a AoS spinoff.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
But atleast it's technically a AoS spinoff.

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/05/01/ghost-rider-tv-show-robbie-reyes-marvel-hulu-helstrom-daimon-hellstrom-satana-gabriel-luna

This doesn't indicate it's a spin-off.  The article says it'll be "a new iteration of the same character with a completely unconnected story."

I wonder if they're going for a higher rating with this one?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
This doesn't indicate it's a spin-off.  The article says it'll be "a new iteration of the same character with a completely unconnected story."
The wording is kind of vague, and Marvel keeping Gabriel Luna in the role isn't helping to clarify what this is. The story could be unrelated to Ghost Rider's role in Season 4 of Agents of Shield but still feature the same Ghost Rider except he's just doing his own thing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:05:36 PM by Adrock »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
The text is probably for people expecting a Nicholas Cage sequel.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's technically a spin-off
https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/01/hulu-ghost-rider-helstrom-series/

Marvel fans will know Gabriel Luna plays Robbie on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,and EW has confirmed Luna will also star in Ghost Rider, which will also be executive produced by S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Paul Zbyszewski and Jeph Loeb. According to Hulu, this isn’t a traditional spin-off of S.H.I.E.L.D. but will focus on the “same character with [a] new story that lives unto its own.â€

Same Character, same actor, same Exec Producers, just not a continuation of anything from AoS.
new story.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I know I want to get back into AoS, but every time I think of them I get frustrated that there was no reference to them in Infinity War/Endgame.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I'm more annoyed that (Season 5 spoilers) The season ends with Talbot getting superpowers in order to help stop Thanos, but goes crazy and the SHIELD team has to stop him.  They do, then they go out into space for reasons.  Uh, guys... Thanos is *still* coming.  Granted, most of you are going to be useless against him, but maybe Quake should stay behind.  Like, don't name drop Thanos, then just forget about him.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
With the merger complete and D+ shows in the way, Disney just needs to put all Marvel related live or animated media under Feige. If it is to be connected to MCU, even in a "What If" scenario, it should be overseen by Marvel Studios (period).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Agreed.

I am okay with the shows telling their own stories, even being occasionally tied into the larger narrative.  I'm even okay with the occasional '****, the world is ending, where are the Avengers?' issues.

But to specifically reference something supposedly happening in real time, then never mention it again and just fly off into space annoys me.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
The last season of Jessica Jones if done correctly could make things all fit together.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Is she getting a S3?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Yep.  Finished filming a few months ago.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
The last season of Jessica Jones if done correctly could make things all fit together.

I'd be shocked if the "Defenders verse" wasn't aborted from continuity in time. It doesn't really have much connection to the greater MCU, and I doubt they want properties like Daredevil to go unused forever.

In fact, selfishly, I wouldn't mind if everything that was done TV wise without the guidance of Feige was tossed into its own continuity and Feige could continue to tap into those as needed for the movies and now the D+ shows he is doing. Not that I don't enjoy stuff like Runaways, but it always felt a notable drop down in quality versus the larger MCU.

The only one I feel should be kept is Agent Carter, due to the Endgame reference.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
I really just want to see Spider-man interact with Charlie Cox's Daredevil at some point.

One of my all time Live Action Super Hero moments was Daredevil and Punisher arguing on a roof.

The only thing that would stop Daredevil and Punisher from coming over is continuity, and actually continuity hasn't been an issue. Why build Punisher or Daredevil or Luke Cage or Jessica Jones from scratch? It's a waste of time to do that. I liked what Civil War and Incredible Hulk did. They didn't go too much into origins. There was some continuity between Hulk and Incredible Hulk even though the actors were different.  If they need to sit until 2020 to get  NEW! Luke Cage and New! Daredevil over to Disney+ then great.  There aren't much continuity issues and Feige can take it in whatever new direction he wants.  The characters have had a few seasons and now they're at the point where they can go from being lowly Heroes for Hire to being Super Heroes.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
So New Mutants got pushed back to next year. Now it is coming out in April next year.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm truly shocked.
They supposedly haven't even started the reshoots. Figured it would never touch the big screen.

And I still believe it won't.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'm truly shocked.
They supposedly haven't even started the reshoots. Figured it would never touch the big screen.

And I still believe it won't.

Maybe they think they can retool it to fit in the MCU somehow?
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Mutants don't have to start off in the 60s.  MCU mutants could be a more recent occurrence.

They seemed more timely in the 60s, but not anymore. The concept seems timely now again.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Can Magneto work updated?  His roots are so profoundly tied to the events of WWII. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It's kind of tough, but you could (or you'd have to) create a fictional genocide that addresses his origins, even if it removes the impact of his story.  The specific war in Iron Man's origin story was updated a few times; however, and I'm putting this a delicately as possible, there aren't any recent genocides that fit the design of the character.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Kevin Feige did an AM(a)A on Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bp084n/hi_reddit_im_kevin_feige_amaa/

some good tidbits in there.
The Mandarin and the 10 Rings will be back at some point (speculated to be in Shang Chi)

plenty more at the link.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Cap was always worthy - he was just being polite in Age of Ultron. That is so Cap.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA