Author Topic: Episode 513: Qbby in the Wild  (Read 3931 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 513: Qbby in the Wild
« on: March 10, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »

It's all Switch and Breath of the Wild this week, except for a visit from our box friend.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/44284/episode-513-qbby-in-the-wild

Since we recorded last week, Nintendo released both the Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Jon, James, and Greg all have the new console, and the entire RFN panel has the new game. We devote our first segment to the former, and our second segment to the latter (and we try to be as spoiler-free as possible, but be advised if you're going complete Zelda media blackout).

Meanwhile, it's time for RetroActive! Again! James declared us due for a second helping of retro gaming for some strange reason, and now here we are! You can send us your suggestions for a theme, or questions and comments, to our mailbag.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 513: Qbby in the Wild
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:49:52 AM »
The reason the switch version looks far better than the at times muted wiiu version is cause one the 900p and two and most importantly the switch supports full color range while wiiu is limited color. So the switch version is beautiful in its colors while the wiiu version does have a washed out look in comparison

Offline daverhodus

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »
Wow. All of you guys had Joy-Con issues. To me, just the idea that it happens makes me leery of ever using the Joy-Cons. I was able to get a deal on two Pro Controllers. I'll just use my Pros unless a game absolutely necessitates use of a Joy-Con.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
It's been a very rare occurrence, but it would be a lie for me to say that I've never seen it.

That said, it's not been a problem for me *IN ZELDA*. In some other game it could be a huge issue. I'm fairly confident in my solder skills, so I might try the antenna enhancement just to remove the handful of times it has happened.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BiteThePillow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:36:30 PM »
I haven't had any Joy-Con problems. This system is a dream come to life as far as I'm concerned. And FYI, the Skinomi screen protector is about as good as you can get. I've used them on my Switch, Vita, and Wii U. There is a liquid spray that you use when placing the protector that helps get some of the dust and bubbles out, then over the next couple days the rest of the bubbles and liquid somehow evaporate through the plastic and the ripples clear up to give a nice smooth surface. The liquid also helps with placement. It lets the protector slide around a little until you get it in just the right spot. Very good protectors and the price is nice.
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline wcmullins

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »
I had originally set the switch dock outside of my entertainment center out in the open and never encountered an issue. A few days later, I set the switch inside my entertainment center along with my other consoles and started having issues depending on how I was sitting. I then moved the switch back out and only have had it happen when I was underneath a blanket playing Zelda.

Tin foil hat time. Nintendo had to know at some point there is an issue. Maybe they did and said **** it, it has to be out by March. Maybe Nintendo wants you to have the switch out in the open, so you'll remember to take it with you along with your neon colors that stand out from other tablets. 

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 08:27:47 AM »
please, James. you already know what the next RetroActive is.

(lamulanalamulanalamulanalamulanalamulana)

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »
James the joycon grip that comes with the system has no lights or electronics in it. The lights you see come from the joy cons that are reflected through small mirrors. Flash your phone light in the grip and you'll see the lights come through. Very clever and cost effective way by Nintendo.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 07:35:11 AM »
Im surprised only one of you got a Pro Controller. Unlike the Wii U, I would say getting it for switch is definitely worth the cost. Its more comfortable, has better sticks, larger buttons and a +control pad, can be charged off the console, has all the features of the joycon (besides IR camera) and does not appear to have interference issues like the left joycon.

I never bought one for the Wii U because it was a downgrade from the Gamepad with no screen and no motion.

As for the xbox one controller comparison, I think its about equal, comfort wise. Each have their own good things. A combination of both would make a perfect controller.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:44:41 AM by Lemonade »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 03:42:37 PM »
Greg, you didn't need a JP account for the Neogeo games, they're on the EU store too.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 07:13:13 PM »
Props on the Breath of the Wild segment. I was a bit hesitant to listen to it, even though you guys do have a good track record of avoiding spoilers, but you all did an excellent job of avoiding spoilers while still having an interesting discussion about the game. I hope you do end up recording a Xenoblade Chronicles X style spoilercast for this game in a couple of months.