Author Topic: Mutant Mudds Available on eShop Next Week  (Read 1320 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Mutant Mudds Available on eShop Next Week
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »

Renegade Kid's retro-styled platformer will be out in North America for $8.99

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29016

Mutant Mudds is hitting the North American eShop on January 26, according to Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham.

The game, available for $8.99, is a 2D platformer that makes use of the system's 3D capabilities to display layers of parallax. Renegade Kid has previously made Moon and the Dementium games on DS, as well as Face Racers (published by Majesco) for 3DS. They also developed the forthcoming Planet Crashers 3D (published by Ignition), which is due out in March.

You can read our E3 2011 impressions of the game, and expect a review from us before the game's release next week.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Pajamas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mutant Mudds Available on eShop Next Week
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
Well, looks like we have another week without a VC update to look forward to.
3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
 :D That's good news, but i was kinda getting used to the 6.99-7.99 price tags.  :confused; what dou you think Neal ?? 

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »
Price does seem a little steep, though I'm not someone who gets super bothered by games that are good that are between $5 and $10.

I'm digging into our review copy of this. I'm liking it so far. It's a tad unforgiving (levels can get a little long-ish and sometimes one false move forces you to restart the level), and it reminds me of Gargoyle's Quest a lot as your character shoots projectiles and hovers in a similar way as the character in that.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »
Been a Renegade Kid fan for a good while. I enjoyed Dementium The Ward and have unabashed love for Moon.

I will most likely pick this up but if its too unforgiving (Neal has suggested it is somewhat so), like if it's Mega Man 9 hard or something, then I might think twice.

Its also a dollar too much. I don't like the trend, especially since, so far, Nintendo does not ever permit sale prices for downloadable games (at least, not to my knowledge).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:39:29 PM by Fatty_The_Hutt »
Oui, Mon Gars!