Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163431 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #3750 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »
Touché.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: February 03, 2019, 11:09:28 PM »
Avengers Endgame Superb Owl spot
https://youtu.be/-iFq6IcAxBc
I just realized the little pre-vido Marvel Stud10s clip shows all the Avengers and Guardians that died from The Decimation™.

Captain Marvel Superb Owl spot
https://youtu.be/NCoPycawxUk

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: February 03, 2019, 11:45:45 PM »
I appreciate the less is more advertising for A4

Capt Marvel tix bought I think 2 weeks ago.
Trailers aren't exactly HYPING me through the roof, but I was already going to see it regardless, so whatever.

I just realized the little pre-vido Marvel Stud10s clip shows all the Avengers and Guardians that died from The Decimation™.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:04:29 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: February 08, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »
BEHOLD!

Captain Marvel's fear inspiring war cry!  Even Thanos himself will cower in fear, resorting to hiding in the corner in the fetal position.

https://youtu.be/mbyd2kvRPnw

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: February 09, 2019, 07:06:54 PM »
Have you guys checked out Captain Marvel's 90's themed official website?
https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: February 09, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »
Lol yeah that's pretty great

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: February 09, 2019, 09:10:21 PM »
lol. 13 million hits. So, I got my website

www.Rtoob.com

but I haven't programmed it. 90s design is retro and refreshing.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: February 18, 2019, 01:10:18 PM »
As expected....

The Punisher and Jessica Jones have been Cancelled by Netflix
https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-punisher-jessica-jones-canceled-netflix-marvel-krysten-ritter-jon-bernthal-1202535835/

JJ has yet to air, and still will.
Jeff Loeb hints that we may not have seen the end of these series in one way or another.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/a-letter-to-marvel-television-fans-from-jeph-loeb?linkId=63749654
On behalf of everyone at Marvel Television, we couldn't be more proud or more grateful to our audience.

Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that.

As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, "The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up."

To be continued...!

...on Disney+/Hulu?

maybe with shorter seasons and tighter stories, much like the Disney+ originals (Loki, Vision & Scarlet, and whatever the 3rd rumored series was) that I believe all have 8-10eps.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3758 on: February 18, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »
I would be genuinely shocked if they didn't keep these series going on other platforms.  Disney pricing out Netflix to bring them to its own platforms makes way more sense than Netflix just up and cancelling.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: February 18, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »
I would be genuinely shocked if they didn't keep these series going on other platforms.  Disney pricing out Netflix to bring them to its own platforms makes way more sense than Netflix just up and cancelling.

I suspect that if these shows return, it'll be with a new continuity and cast.

Remember, this is the same company that cancelled Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes just so they could create new half-assed knockoffs they fully owned.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: February 18, 2019, 01:50:06 PM »
I don't know the specifics on the deal between Netflix and Marvel as far as series cancellation goes, but I know Netflix wanted to lower the episode count on the seasons and Disney/Marvel held them to the original contract of 13ep seasons.
We all know how much most of the series could've used 3 less episodes each. Would've also brought down the cost of each season, or allowed more for each episode... lower ep count didn't really help The Defenders tho :/.

Either way, I've heard there's a 2 year hold after cancellation, where Marvel may or may not be able to use those specific characters, but not in their own solo shows.
The loophole around this might be that they can team them all back up in The Defenders (subtitle "S2") as that was never renewed for a 2nd season, and will be over 2 years old come Aug 2019.

And that could segue into maybe the Heroes for Hire series that everyone has been asking for.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:00:44 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3761 on: February 18, 2019, 02:10:26 PM »

Remember, this is the same company that cancelled Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes just so they could create new half-assed knockoffs they fully owned.

I think it'd be even harder to pull off a new cast and continuity with the Netflix shows.  You end up losing a lot of the goodwill the shows have previously earned. 

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: February 18, 2019, 02:21:38 PM »

I think it'd be even harder to pull off a new cast and continuity with the Netflix shows.  You end up losing a lot of the goodwill the shows have previously earned.

I refer you to my earlier statement about Spectacular and Avengers. They eagerly squandered their goodwill there.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: February 18, 2019, 02:57:18 PM »
I refer you to my earlier statement about Spectacular and Avengers. They eagerly squandered their goodwill there.

Can't speak on Earth's Mightiest, but Sony owned everything to do with Spectacular Spider-man, iirc. Disney had no choice but to reboot it once they got the animated series back.

the reboot of EMH was a shame though. I liked that show.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: February 18, 2019, 05:39:51 PM »
I think the next iteration of Daredevil should be BIGGER. He needs to be gallivanting through the sky very Spider-man like. Obviously, he should still be kicking ass.

The Death Defying Daredevil.

I'd like the actors to return, but I think this take needs to feel more superhero and less ninja. Like he's ascended to the next level of superherodom. But idk, havent watched the last season yet.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: February 18, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »

Can't speak on Earth's Mightiest, but Sony owned everything to do with Spectacular Spider-man, iirc. Disney had no choice but to reboot it once they got the animated series back.

the reboot of EMH was a shame though. I liked that show.

Disney definitely had control over EMH's 2nd season, because it was them who mandated that narration over the opening credits & replacing Josh Keaton in the Spider-Man crossover episode.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3766 on: February 18, 2019, 05:45:43 PM »
I'm not really familiar with the cartoons.  Were the new shows like a "Disney's Doug" situation? Like, the show is mostly the same aside from obvious voice actor and character/setting changes?  Or was it like a completely different show in style and tone?

I ask because I think it's easier to sell an animated show in the former situation, whereas live action, to me at least, would be more or less a no-go.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: February 18, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
I'm not really familiar with the cartoons.  Were the new shows like a "Disney's Doug" situation? Like, the show is mostly the same aside from obvious voice actor and character/setting changes?  Or was it like a completely different show in style and tone?

I ask because I think it's easier to sell an animated show in the former situation, whereas live action, to me at least, would be more or less a no-go.

EMH was more or less the same show in its 2nd season, aside from certain characters leaving the show for most of the season and Spider-Man's voice replacement to the guy who voiced him in Disney's Ultimate Spider-Man.

Josh Keaton was supposed to voice him in the cross-over since the show's creators intended Wolverine & the X-Men, Avengers: EMH, and Spectacular Spider-Man to be in the same continuity.

EMH was unceremoniously cancelled at the end of its 2nd season, where it was setting up Ragnarok. Then Disney started a new Avengers series modeled after the character design of the films.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3768 on: February 18, 2019, 06:01:03 PM »
I personally would like a the shows to return with a hard PG-13 feel to it. Still gritty, still adult oriented in storytelling but slightly tamer for a wider audience.  I would also go for a Heroes for Hire format, like they have formed their business and you could tell one big story involving all the characters, but also have a few stories that just have a smaller cast and focus.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3769 on: February 18, 2019, 06:02:31 PM »
The EMH situation would make me think they try to make the same shows with perhaps some slight tonal tweaks (to tone down the violence and JJ's alcoholism), unless they started signaling otherwise.  That would make me give them a chance.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: February 18, 2019, 06:34:44 PM »
The cancellation was all Netflix, at least per the head of Marvel TV. Netflix has ney disputed this. I bet at least the more popular shows return on Hulu, and we get a new Punisher movie in a few years.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3771 on: February 18, 2019, 07:29:13 PM »
This is where I think a hard PG-13 works.  I don't want them to change important themes like Dare Devil's risk and mortality when he fights, turning him into a super powered hero.  We still need to feel every blow he takes and some blood is important for that.  We still need to see JJ's alcoholism and how it is destroying her, and why she has it.  We still need to see how she is broken inside, yet that brokenness makes her stronger. 

But all of that can be shown in a way that isn't a hard R. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3772 on: February 19, 2019, 01:33:42 PM »
Yeah, an empty liquor bottle on the desk says just as much as her midday swigs, so I think it’s not too hard to show while keeping it PG-13.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
I suspect whatever level of mature content rating Agents of SHIELD is rocking right now would be a pretty good indication of where any new Disney Marvel TV show would land.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: February 19, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »

This was posted on reddit today

https://old.reddit.com/r/cosplaygirls/comments/asanzd/patti_mayonnaise_by_cutiepiesensei/