Author Topic: In the dreamtime  (Read 105652 times)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
In the dreamtime
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
:o what's this? A thread not about some lame TV show, movie or comic book in General Caht? **** what are we gunna do? Well too bad, this thread is about dreams. So lately I've been remembering a lot of my dreams. Dunno why, normally I never do. But last nights was so great I just gotta jot down what I can remember of it.

Ok so I was a fucking lion. I dreamt I was a lion. I rolled in a pack of 6. There was one big leader lion, myself and another like, nearly fully grown male lions, a lioness and two cubs. Early parts of the dream are hazy but I definitely recall the leader lion bragging about his mane and telling me and the other guy not to worry and that one day our manes will be luscious like his. He claimed his mane helped defend him from gunfire. I guess they cushioned the bullet's impact or something.

Anyway so we were in the suburbs, well not really Busselton is still it's own town. In dreams nothing is quite right but it felt like Manson st. So we're going down Manson street, turning onto Bower cos we're heading to a BBQ or something we've been invited too. Anyway it was a human BBQ, so we were a bit uneasy because some humans discriminate against Lions. We get to the BBQ, which is held at where the cricket nets at the school are supposed to be. You know, near Jonesy's place. So we're there and there is tension. The other adolescent lion was getting narky with some **** and some other guy was being aggressive so I jsut put a big paw out over his arm and gave him a glare that said 'watch it'.

I dunno what happend next exactly, but the situation escalated. The lioness just looks at me, knowing **** is about to start and says 'Roland, get Serra! Go!" So I scoop the cub Serra up with my paw and place her (or him?) on my back, tell her to hang onto my mane and just bound off as fast as I could across the oval. I quickly slowed down when I realised that Serra might fall off but had to keep up a steady pace as I heard a whole lot of commotion behind me. As I turn alongside Jenson I see the other lions fleeing out of the BBQ, one of them looks like the've got a bloody arm in their mouth so I guess we killed some guy? All the humans were chasing ater us with sticks. They belted for Bower Rd as I ran parallel on my side of the oval. The humans weren't much match for us and we jumped over the road and over the Denholm's back fence into some other house.

But it wasn't a house at all! It was like some sorta, buddhist praying place. We were still concerned about the humans so we hid on the roof overlooking the pool. It was around this time I realised that I didn't have Serra with me anymore, I guess she fell off as we crossed the oval. The other lions seemed unconcerned as survival of the fittest was the way of the jungle and Serra would just have to fend for herself. Anyway then I guess the buddhists stopped meditating in their putha (this was the word my dream decided a Buddhist meditation chamber with a pool was called) They were all children and they all had a calming influence on us lions. They didn't seem to mind that we were hiding out on their roof. Several of the buddhist kids sat with us and said nothing.

Then I woke up.

Anyone else have any ridiculous dreams or have to put up with psychotic housemates' night terrors (another post maybe) what about meanings behind dreams?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: In the dreamtime
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »
I haven't had many dreams recently. This dream was from when I was 14 so 11 years ago.

I remember falling from the sky and landing in the sand.There was sand everywhere.Basically I was stuck in the sand and wasn't really going anywhere.Before I woke up I was sinking in the sand my head was almost underneth the sand.Then I woke up.

I took the dream to mean that I wasn't making much progress in life.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:46:22 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:19 PM »
:O What a like. What's that word? What an insightful thought regarding your dream! Do you recall how it felt or anything? I am totally convinced that the body plays all kinds of sensory tricks during r.e.m. for example I'vehad dreams where I've woken up while I was holding something, be it someone's hand, a pipe or whatever and I'll wake up and feel intense pins and needles in my hand. One time I had a partially clenched fist holding something and as I was awake I opened my hand and it felt like all my fingers were at least twice as big as they are. It's hard to describe.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »
Well it was annoying in the dream.I saw this palace in the distance.So I wanted to go.It is annoying that I couldn't go anywhere.

I remember clinching my fists in one dream.I was fighting somebody.As I was waking up I had my clinched fists still.I woke up looked down and opened my hand and for a few seconds my hand appeared bigger than it was.
I think when you wake up there is a few seconds where things aren't as they should be.Once you regain your mental faculties well everything is normal.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
I dreamt I was watching a movie that was taken from a comic book, and then I learned it was being turned into a television series. What a nightmare!

Well, someone had to do it. :P

I've had dreams where I was punching someone but it was like punching underwater. Like no matter how hard I tried, it just wasn't good enough.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 05:40:08 PM »
I've had dreams like that, but instead of punching it's running. I can't run fast enough, like I'm slogging through mud or something. Weird.

Anybody have lucid dreams? Like, where you realize you're dreaming, so you can control things? I haven't been able to control things per se, but I've been able to realize I'm dreaming (usually in nightmares), and then it's not really scary anymore. I can wake myself up if I wanted, but instead sometimes I just stay in the dream, knowing it's just a dream (I need my sleep, dangit).
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 04:45:08 AM »
where is vudu this time?

screw it, sorry vudu i figured out the search feature!
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=18829.0     theperm
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=25172.0     therat
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=23739.0     kashogi
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=15026.0     therat again
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=15663.0     tmw

THIS SHOULD BE THE OFFICIAL THREAD FOR DREAMING
screw it i'll crosspost in case anyone is to lazy to click on the links

every once in a while, i'll have a semi lucid dream...whereas i'll have some control, but the world screws back.Like I'll call forth a vehicle, and it will be a tour bus, i get on the tour bus and it takes me where I don't want to go. I call forth a beautiful women and wake up.

the last lucidish dream i had was I was in a student union and I saw this copy of Zelda, now i realised i had a choice. Steal it or not. There were Nintendo T-shirts, but i decided to steal just the game. Stealing anything more would be risky. I had to avoid security. So I managed to get out through the bottom door of the union on the bottom floor. Normally this door is closed off, but during some occasions its open. There is no detectors for the bottom floor. So i grab the game and I head off to my car, acting cool like james bond, avoiding campus security on golf carts. I try looking for my car and I can't find it. I decide well i'll head home and come back for my car. I start walking and suddenly i'm walking through a mall. Like that makes any sense. Then I walk out of the mall and start heading westward. I see some thugs, but avoid them. Theres this fence. I decide that i can get by faster by jumping on the fence and swinging on it sideways like donkey kong. I'm going along thefence super fast. Suddenly it changes from an industrial zone into something rural. Inside the fence I see some bulls, i just keep swinging along. Then I see theres a bull on my side of the fence thats out of his pin. I start going even faster. He comes at me and I kick him. Behind me along the fence is a road. When I kicked him he went flying towards a semi and is thus ended. I wake up and I don't have my copy of zelda. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:03:55 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »
copy/paste

I have fucked up dreams all the time.

They usually start with me waking up from sleeping. In my most recent one I woke up and went to my bathroom mirror. Looking at myself I realised I no longer liked my nose, I went and talked to my mother about it. I mentioned something about wanting a nose job and she went off at me. "No nose jobs! That's what killed Gerry (our nextdoor neighbour who actually died in a car crash.)."

With a nose job now out of the question I decided to take a different route with combating my problem. I found a pair of secateurs and just hacked the thing off. Blood started pissing out everywhere and I realised this may have been a mistake. I tried to just place my nose back onto my face and hope that it would remedy the situation, it didn't. Now the blood had stopped and looking at myself in the mirror I just had a giant void in my face, it was black abyss.

I cooly went back to my mother with my hand covering my hole and asked "How do you re-attach a nose?" She told to find the first-aid manual. I then went to our linen closet and searched through our towels and sheets to find the book. I finally found the book after throwing all the linen on the ground and went to search through to find the "re-attach nose" chapter, struggling to find the chapter I realised what was wrong. The cover of the book said "FIRST AID", but the actual contents of the book was a erotic romance novel. *I then went into some sort of dream-within-a-dream with the novel, but I can't really remember it well. Sexy times though* I sat and read the novel for a couple of hours before I realised what I had originally been doing. After failing a second time to find the first aid book I sucked it up and went to my mother and showed her what I had done. She put my nose in a jar of mayonnaise "to preserve it" and we were off the hospital.

At the hospital the doctor explained that if I had come a couple of hours earlier he would have simply been able to re-attach it the nose with "nose glue", but it was too late for that now and I would have to live with a hole in my face. For some reason I accepted this outcome really easily and we journeyed home. After arriving home I went to pat our cat and some of its excess fur drifted into my hole, I sneezed and my brain came out the hole and I died.

The End.

I have these sorts of dreams pretty reguarly and I seem to remember them really well too.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
anyone ever get a case of sleep paraylsis?

for some time, a few years back, i wouldn't be able to remember any of my dreams but i'd very often wake up in that state and until i read up on it, it was some scary ****. I thought i'd never be able to move again. Do you know what it feels like to try to scream for help and you can't open your mouth? Its such a desperate feeling that comes over you, so many times i'd try to get myself to somehow roll off the bed hoping that smacking the floor would wake my body up from it.

Now i'm much more calm about it, though if i can't wake my body up after some time, i can feel my heart start to beat faster as i panic that this might be the time i wake up and really ama paralyzed..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26:15 PM »
I get it all the freaking time.  I don't panic, I just realize my body's still in a subconscious stand-by mode therefore my ass should just go back to sleep.  It's annoying when I want to check the time or scratch my nose but all I can do is look around my room.  It creates that situation where you think you've dreamt you've gotten out of a dream but now you're just dreaming that!  **** it, go back to sleep.

Maybe it's like being a House of Wax victim.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:30:19 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
"Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters."

ahahahahahah i buy that!  Some people just want to be prodded and anal probed, they just don't know it!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
"Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters."

ahahahahahah i buy that!  Some people just want to be prodded and anal probed, they just don't know it!

i buy that too. makes ya wonder how much trouble you'd get into if your brain didn't shut off your bodys ability to move. imagine some dude sodomizing himself in his sleep then waking up to a state of sleep paralysis WITH hallucinations of aliens probing him lol

speaking of hallucinations, have you had it with or without?
I've been lucky and haven't had hallucinations with it.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 01:58:55 PM »
Without.

Probably cuz I consume antioxidants and easily clear myself of mental/emotional stress.

spacing out is a SKILL.  it's how I survived colleged and work, while the workaholics around me stress out and keep their minds on work
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:00:51 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
i've gotten sleep paralysis, and it sucks. Your awake, terrified you can't move. One time I had it and cats were baning outside, not the noise you want to hear. I usually just go back to sleep, its way too hard to wake yourself up, but it also sucks knowing if something were to happen to you, you couldnt do anything about it. The odds of something crazy happening to you though while you have sleep paralysis are probably divergent.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »
I've never had sleep paralysis. I move around a lot in my sleep too.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 04:04:14 PM »
I likely had a case of sleep paralysis.

Years ago I was lying awake in my bed.  I can't remember why I wasn't asleep.  I felt something enter my bedroom.  I couldn't see or hear anything, I coudl just detect its presence.  Obviously this was very frightening and almost immediately after I "noticed" it, the thing jumped onto my chest and starting pinning me down.  I didn't feel paralyzed, it felt like something was trying to hold me down.  Like I would lift my arm up to pull it off but it was stronger than me and pushed it back down.

I started to pray aloud Our Father's and Hail Mary's and immediately the thing got off me and as I prayed it got further and further away.  I had left my bedroom door open and could see down the hall towards the living room.  I could sense the thing was in the living room when I stopped prayed.  Immediately the thing "ran" down the hall and jumped on me again.  Imagine something you can't see or hear running down a hallway straight for you and you somehow knowing it's doing this.  I started prayed again and again it got off me and got further and further away the longer I prayed.  I prayed until I knew it had been "pushed" out of the house and until I had no feeling about it at all and it didn't return.

Until I read about sleep paralysis I assumed for years that I had some sort of ghostly or demonic encounter.  I'm still not 100% sure exactly what happened.  It only happened that one time.  It is somewhat comforting though to learn that it could have been something scientific and harmless.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
Ian story reminds me of the classic painting, The Nightmare.

Maybe the same creature that prompted John Henry Fuseli to paint this picture in 1781 was the thing that was on Ian's chest that night.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:32:40 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »
Holy crap Ian that sounds pretty traumatic. Did you ever feel like you actually saw the thing or was it something where you just felt it there?

The oddest part is that on the wikipedia article i linked to, it actually states how several people have described encounters just like yours; a demon of sorts holding you down, or even sitting on your chest. Crazy

edit: that picture is also in the wiki article lol

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
Cleaveland St**mer.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 06:43:27 PM »
Holy crap Ian that sounds pretty traumatic. Did you ever feel like you actually saw the thing or was it something where you just felt it there?

No, I never saw it but I knew I was staring right at it.  Here's the best way I could describe it.  You ever have someone really heavy walk past you and you can feel their weight through the floor?  It was a lot like that.

I have seem The Nightmare and have noted the similarities.  I guess it shows that throughout history others have had a similar experience.

I have another frightening experience but it turned out to actually be funny!  I once woke up and noticed a small figure standing next to me at the side of my bed.  The figure was about a foot tall and dressed in a robe.  Looked like a small druid.  I freaked out and turned away.  When I turned back I assumed it would have vanished (ie: a hallucination) but it was still there!  So I swung at it and...

... it turned out it was just my quilt that had bunched up in such a way that in my half-awake stupor it looked like a small cloaked figure.  I have since encountered the small druid other times and always smile each time. :)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 09:18:44 PM »
damn gravelings

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 01:28:18 AM »
I had a dream last night that showed me a USA that relinquished its status as a nation to join as one with Canada. I think I saw Obama on the TV, and he said something about the economical situation as the cause for such choice.

About controlling my own dreams, yeah I've done that, but it's rare to happen. One dream I remember quite well is where I learned to fly, and how I learned to summon this feeling that would allow me to fly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:30:04 AM by Caliban »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
I had a dream last night that showed me a USA that relinquished its status as a nation to join as one with Canada. I think I saw Obama on the TV, and he said something about the economical situation as the cause for such choice.

About controlling my own dreams, yeah I've done that, but it's rare to happen. One dream I remember quite well is where I learned to fly, and how I learned to summon this feeling that would allow me to fly.

you know, now that you mention that.. i remember i must of have lucid dreams when i was younger. That last part reminded me of how i used to have these dreams where i'd be in my normal surroundings (my apartment or somewhere in the building) doing normal activities, then suddenly just realizing i could make myself fly, or at least levitate. Then i'd go around practicing and being able to do it every time. The dreams felt so real though that, as a child, i used to be confused as to whether some of that happened or not. Obviously it didn't but i sure wish it did >:(

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 12:42:56 PM »
I had that kind of dream in my early twenties which didn't leave me happy at all either because I'm still not able to fly.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »
I remember having this dream that I had a little office chair that, for some reason, could fly. I remember flying all over some city (it wasn't my city) on that thing, even if it was kind of scary because of how precarious it was (like most office chairs, it didn't have a seatbelt).

Flying's fun. :)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)