Author Topic: NWR Newscast: Episode 4  (Read 2213 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
NWR Newscast: Episode 4
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
The Newscast crew is joined by an old familiar friend as they discuss the latest in Nintendo news.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/podcastArt.cfm?artid=20220

NWR Newscast Episode 4: The Ronaghan Returneth    

AAC Feed    

MP3 Feed    

Download in AAC Format    

Download in MP3 Format            

After a brief absence, our old friend and Newscast co-founder Neal Ronaghan returns to the show to act as fourth chair.    

In this episode, the Newscast crew goes over downloadable titles including Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem, Domo Games, and Rygar, as well as recent retail releases.    

News stories discussed in this episode include the DSi LL (although it didn't have that name at the time of recording), Miyamoto's views on Star Fox, and the announcement of Excitebike World Rally.    

As always, we welcome any http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/mailstaff.cfm?staffid=135">feedback you would like to give.    

Credits:    

This podcast was edited by Andy Goergen.    

Music for this episode of NWR Newscast is used with permission from http://www.myspace.com/aboynamedearthnj ">A Boy Named Earth.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: NWR Newscast: Episode 4
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:41:46 PM »
Good stuff, Andy. I'm assuming my mic is broken or something--I keep fading in and out.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:58:11 PM »
Well your mic seems to pick up more background noise than anyone else's, so I have to physically mute your feed between everything you say, which might give the impression of your voice fading in and out.

Listening back to this episode for the first time, wholly edited, I feel like maybe I actually overedited this one in an attempt to eradicate all awkward pauses and crosstalk.  We all seem to respond to each other immediately without pausing to gather our thoughts, and it feels a little unnatural.

I'm still learning, as an editor.  Hopefully the next show will be a bit better.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 12:25:31 AM »
Eh, I'm not worried about it.

As for the background music, my wife had the foresight to jump on the treadmill in the next room and turn the volume WAY up on the TV WHILE WE WERE DOING THE PODCAST.

Brilliant.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 06:09:47 AM »
Well your mic seems to pick up more background noise than anyone else's, so I have to physically mute your feed between everything you say, which might give the impression of your voice fading in and out.

Listening back to this episode for the first time, wholly edited, I feel like maybe I actually overedited this one in an attempt to eradicate all awkward pauses and crosstalk.  We all seem to respond to each other immediately without pausing to gather our thoughts, and it feels a little unnatural.

I'm still learning, as an editor.  Hopefully the next show will be a bit better.

You're still learning. You're not going to have Ninja Powers of Editorial Buttered Camels, like greg, straight away.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
CoD4DS's graphics are inferior to Brothers in Arms DS IMO (just like every other aspect of the game). Those big blocky explosions are hideous.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
I'm running behind on podcasts but look forward to hearing this episode.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!