Author Topic: Earthbound Mafia Day 3 *SUNFLOWER FIELDS*  (Read 9974 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Earthbound Mafia Day 3 *SUNFLOWER FIELDS*
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:57 AM »
Story Filler.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Re: Earthbound Mafia Day 3
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »
Results:

GoldenPhoenix died from the vote yesterday.  She was the Chosen One.

Role Promotions:
Neither last night nor today, has anyone been promoted.

Living Players:
DAaaMan  -- Jeff Andonauts
EasyCure --- Bubble Monkey
stevey --- Kumatora
Khush --- Ultimate Chimera
Dasmos --- Claus
decoyman --- Ego Orb
vudu --- Lucas
nickmitch --- Starman Deluxe
Maxi [Evil's Brown Nose] --- Giygas

Dead Players:
Mop_it_up [Psychic Royalty] --- Tenda
GoldenPhoenix [Chosen One] --- Mrs. Batty

Living Roles:
Helpless Tagalong
Inventor-Genius
Psychic Prodigy
Child of Pure Intentions
Child's Dog
Reformed Gangleader
Puppet of Selfishness
Embodiment of Evil

Today's post is a lot more simple than yesterday's.  I'll have more information about remaining players posted soon.  Days 1&2's story have been posted.  Each story will probably contain a short battle where the one voted out the previous day is chosen to attack the 3rd-Best Storytelling Mole's power shield and die, if you haven't already guessed I'm going to stick to a formula.

BEGIN!

...Oh, and great job, guys.  Today's location should have been a deli, so the game could be held in a sausage festival.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Earthbound Mafia Day 3 *SUNFLOWER FIELDS*
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:51:16 AM »
Well, obviously with the failure to find the Embodiment of Evil, Gangleader will be promoted to Cultist. But does the fact that embodiment of evil hit no one give us a clue as to their identity. Most likely suspects would be Easycure or DAaaMan64.

Well, I'm going off to lick my wounds for the night and to bone up on my forensic techniques since I clearly did something wrong and will rest on it for now. Good night.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 01:07:33 AM »
Thats bull **** if I were the cultist, I would have been a retard for voting with the good guys the first two days. They are already pretty screweedd.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 01:14:54 AM »
In case Khush didn't realize it, I don't mean to mislead anyone:  The Gangleader turns into the Cultist tonight.  If the Embodiment of Evil dies from the vote today, then he or she will not transform into the Cultist.  If not, well, clearly he or she will transform.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 03:25:59 AM »
Perhaps the gangleader blocked the hit from the embodiment of evil? Or would we be notified of that?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 03:53:36 AM »
If something's blocked, only the one who was blocked is informed, and only after their actions are due.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 03:57:08 AM »
So it's a possibility then?

That means it's also very possible it was an active player yesterday who is the Embodiment of Evil.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »
Perhaps the gangleader blocked the hit from the embodiment of evil? Or would we be notified of that?

That's exactly what I'm thinking, Dasmos. Alright, if the Embodiment of Evil was blocked, Gangleader, do you want to step forward, tell us who you blocked, and claim your reward: victory with the Pure/Courageous?

If we know who the Embodiment of Evil is, this game is basically in the bag.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »
Alright guys, if the Gangleader did INDEED block the EoE last night, then we're at endgame. Here's what'll need to happen in the next couple days.

1) Day 3: Gangleader needs to block Maxi. (His role promotes tonight and starts getting the hit. We block Maxi = we block the hit without having to vote him out to do it.)
2) Day 3: We vote out whoever the Gangleader blocked last night.
3) Day 4: Gangleader blocks Maxi again.
4) Day 4: We vote out the most suspicious person, hoping that person is the Puppet.
5) Day 5: If we're correct with our vote the previous night, we vote out Maxi, and Pure/Courageous wins! :D
6) Profit. No middle-step question marks required.
Twitter

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »
Alright guys, if the Gangleader did INDEED block the EoE last night, then we're at endgame. Here's what'll need to happen in the next couple days.

1) Day 3: Gangleader needs to block Maxi. (His role promotes tonight and starts getting the hit. We block Maxi = we block the hit without having to vote him out to do it.)
2) Day 3: We vote out whoever the Gangleader blocked last night.
3) Day 4: Gangleader blocks Maxi again.
4) Day 4: We vote out the most suspicious person, hoping that person is the Puppet.
5) Day 5: If we're correct with our vote the previous night, we vote out Maxi, and Pure/Courageous wins! :D
6) Profit. No middle-step question marks required.

This got me excited, but unfortunately I remembered what I had read yesterday when trying to find out which role blocks abilities.

Quote from: RULZ
As a Reformed Gangleader, he can send his minions to block one role's ability.  To do so, he or she can send me a PM to tell me which ROLE will be blocked.  The reformed Gangleader wins if all of the evil is defeated.  This action occurs at night, and lasts throughout the proceeding day.

So if I am reading this correctly, the Gangleader doesn't know who the Embodiment of Evil is as a player, but was still able to target him. If that's true then it puts an end to your plan, but it does throw up a few interesting questions. If the gangleader doesn't know who the EoE is, then why block them? In a day's time if we don't vote out the EoE then the gangleader becomes the cultist and is aligned with evil so he has shot himself in the foot in a way.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »
Thats bull **** if I were the cultist, I would have been a retard for voting with the good guys the first two days. They are already pretty screweedd.

You didn't vote Day 1 and everyone knew voting for Maxi would do nothing yesterday. I wouldn't use your voting record as evidence.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
BLANK
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:50:23 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »
Oh. Well dangz. Good eye there, Dasmos.
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »
Something else to consider. Yesterday, stevey and Maxi both had one vote each. Yet, Stevey was ranked #2 on the voting order. Stevey's only vote came from GP who was the chosen one meaning her vote counts double against Evil players. Which means Stevey could have had two votes to Maxi's one vote. As well, Maxi knows who the Embodiment of Evil is yet he neglected to mention the vote against Stevey. Maybe he was trying to stay quiet on mentioning stevey's name and keep any focus from growing on him. We've all seen in past games how on top of the voting Maxi usually is. To miss one of the earliest vote changes in the game is odd.

Of course, it could just be that since the Stevey vote was earlier than the Maxi vote and that is why Stevey was ranked at #2 and Maxi at #3 and everything is just coincidence. Still, it's something to consider.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
VOTE KHUSH Cuz i don't think he's voting off the good guys by mistake.. prove me wrong khush. prove me wrong.

This is a dumb reason that does nothing to help your case. If I was Evil, I would not have voted out Maxi on Day 1. Doing so would have rid me of two mafia members. Think logically. On Day 1, there was no reason to expect the dead could keep using their powers. So to kill Maxi on Day 1 would rid me of a fellow partner in crime and another potential member in crime, the Proud Child. After all, with no Maxi, the Proud Child would not become greedy and join the mafia. Moreover, it would make far greater sense to allow myself to get voted off day 1 and keep Maxi in the game since he would have the power to bring me back from the dead and if he survived Day 1, the Proud Child would be turned.

To say Day 1 was an elaborate ploy so that I could kill GP on Day 2 is stupid. Moreover, I've been positively ID'd by other players as being on the side of good. I don't need to give you any evidence that I'm not guilty. You, however, do.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »
And since I'm dominating the conversation, one more post shouldn't hurt. Here are the three theories of the day.

1) The Embodiment of Evil didn't send in a hit because he was absent or choose not to

2) The Embodiment of Evil was blocked by the Gangleader.

3) The Inventor-Genius played a song.

I know. That third option is kind of wierd but it is something to consider. On Day 1, the inventor repaired a Harmonica during the night. Last night, he fixed nothing meaning he could use a power that he had repaired. One of his abilities is to play a song. What the power of that song is, I don't know but it is possible the song delayed everything. It prevented the hit and kept the Gangleader from turning cultist. I could be barking up the wrong tree but it was just something else I noticed and since we don't have enough information to rule it out yet, we should include it as part of the evidence in this case.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
Greed and Evil aren't the same team. Greed is vying to defeat Pure and Evil wants the Courageous ones dead and vice versa. It makes sense that Greed and Evil work together in some form or another, but it isn't imperative.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »
words

Christ i'll change it just to keep you from posting so fucking much. I can't be bothered with this today.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »
Playing a song means nothing.  It's the scratch.  I post a song off of youtube.  It's the slightly better equivalent of the Suporma from Earthbound.

Also, the broken harmonica became the "VOTE BLOCKER 2000."  Didn't I say that yesterday?

Edit:  Whoops!  I didn't!  My intention is to post what is repaired each day, so you all know it's effects.  Apologies, my mistake.  Khush is right that it could be used today, though.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »
Been thinking about this day, guys. There's a lot hanging on this vote. We've got to get it right. Here are the possibilities for tonight. (C/P = Courageous/Pure, E/G = Evil/Greedy)

1) Vote out the Embodiment of Evil (EoE). Gangleader doesn't convert. There WILL still be a hit, but the gangleader can block it. This is clearly the best-case scenario. E/G numbers down 1, C/P status quo.
2) Vote out Maxi. We avoid a hit, but lose the Gangleader, ie - E/G numbers remain status quo while C/P numbers go down 2.
3) Vote out anyone else: there is a hit, AND we lose the Gangleader. Worse-case scenario. C/P numbers go down 3, E/G goes up 1. That's a huge swing, guys...

Let's get this one right.
Twitter

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
Well I'm ready to throw a vote out there. VOTE VUDU.

He's far too quiet this game for my liking.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Vudu is always high on my suspicion list. I can't help but wonder if his vote on Day 1 was to quickly help cover himself by voting out Maxi and seem like he is a townie. He also jumped onto my bandwagon pretty quickly yesterday and normally it takes a lot for me to convince him to go along with me on anything. I can't help but wonder if he knew I was going down the wrong path and wanted to see me take it to the end. Yet, when I contact him, he stays quite guarded. I'm willing to take the chance.

Vote Vudu (It was a trick. I've known Vudu's innocence for awhile.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:45:42 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 09:30:27 PM »
Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm not playing.

VOTE EASYCURE

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »
Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm not playing.

VOTE EASYCURE

I see your bet and raise you a *immitates my cousin, evil monkey in the closet, and points* vote vudu

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »
Hmm... not gonna jump on this bandwagon. Easycure, you supplied me with an ice avatar, but I don't know if I trust you.

vote Easycure

Ego Orbs are anything but predictable, eh?
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 11:44:46 PM »
This game is officially over. Vote Easycure. Gangleader should block Maxi tonight. We are now in wrap-up mode. Thanks for finally coming forward Mr. Gangleader. We've got it right this time.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:47:51 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 11:49:27 PM »
About ten minutes remain in this day.  Day actions are due before then!  Night actions due half an hour after that.

Thread's closed!

Allow me a few moments to check out the tallies, and I'll post what happened in the next day's thread.  In half an hour, I'll add in everything else to it.

The end result:
#1 EasyCure
#2 vudu

Easycure has been voted out of the game!  He was the Inventor-Genius.

Day 4 thread coming soon.