Author Topic: Friday the 13th  (Read 4540 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Friday the 13th
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:50:40 AM »
Is a horrible fucking movie. I should of known better than to see this crap.

Michael Bay completely ruined Jason, and trust me you don't want me to go into details.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Friday the 13th
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 01:51:15 AM »
I just saw it, it was awesome. Not awesome as in it's the best movie ever - but for a slasher, and especially for a "F13" movie, it was pretty great. It doesn't take a detour from any of the previous movies, though obviously you can forget about the ****-fests known as Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X (neither of those are even called "Friday the 13th"). Lots of blood, lots of boobs (including Willa Ford), lots of pot-smoking, it follows the true F13 formula. I'd say it's definitely the best sequel (it's not a remake, or a retelling/reboot) out of the bunch.

Edit - EasyCure posted a thread for the same thing as I was posting mine, can someone move this, as he beat me by a minute.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:52:46 AM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:51:55 AM »
Dude you posted this as I was posting my thread - but I totally disagree with you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:56:25 AM »
No, don't give up man! Time stamps mean nothing if your thread is more popular. Fight the establishment. We can do. It all starts with this post.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 02:58:49 AM »
Plus, he didn't like it. You did. Which opinion should win out? If you want your opinion to win, then you better support your thread to win out. Let's do it. Thread war. Winning thread decides which opinion is valid. Ultimate stakes, baby. That's the only way to play.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 03:17:17 AM »
I haven't seen this yet but I watched all of the Friday the 13th movies.Some of Nightmare on Elm St.I've seen Jason goes to Hell and that Freddy vs Jason Movie and Jason X.
Aside from those three  I personally like Friday the 13th series more.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
Yeah this is the superior thread with the superior opinion. EC's thread sucks.

So psyched for this, but I basically love every horror movie. (Except the Saws and Hostels)
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 01:26:38 PM »
Yeah this is the superior thread with the superior opinion. EC's thread sucks.

So psyched for this, but I basically love every horror movie. (Except the Saws and Hostels)

Too late, me and my thread win.

They ruined Jason dammit and i stand by that statement! You don't give the mysterious slightly paranormal stalker-killer a lair to hang out in. I knew even just seeing him run in for a kill in the trailers that something was off about the character, it took away what made him a bad ass. He wasn't a relentless killer that just magically shows up behind you when you think you'd lost him,  they made him chase people down as if he was desperate for a kill and that just didn't sit well wit me.

The dialogue sucked too. Sure the old movies  had their cheesy moments but this one felt like it went out of their way to include bad lines such as Trent losing his gun and saying "where are you gun" only to find it and say "thank you" when no ones around at all. Or "say hello to mommy........ IN HELL.

I will give it some credit, the boobs were top notch especially Willa ford ;) The asian kid was pretty awesome too, the crowd loved him. Really thats all i could think of that i liked about the movie. Well that and the fact that they payed homage to the originals ending but even that i have my problems with.... So for 6+ months Jason keeps Whitney alive because she resembles his mother, a young version of his mother mind you not the elderly looking one he saw get decapitated at the films start making not much sense if you ask me..., but at the end decides to kill her anyway?

Then there were other small details that i picked up on thinking maybe they'd be important like what if the reason Jason kept Whitney alive is not because she simply looks like his mother, maybe it'd be revealed that she was a relative (similar to the Freddy movies but i know they also mentioned Jason having family in the 4th or 5th film)? Then there was that old woman who said something like "people 'round here like to be left alone, especially him. I felt like there should've been more too that but no, she ended up being the only person who even remotely knew anything about Jason other than the stoner in the beginning of the flick. They had a good opportunity to either introduce some mythos into the movie, or at least scare the crap out of the second set of kids. Instead of the sex crazed teens who are afriad that something might be out there but decide to do what sex crazed teens do best anyway, we got a bunch of potheads who had no idea what was going on for the most part and it took away the tension that built up in the older movies, like a hot chick taking a shower and someone pulls the curtain open but...!! oh its not jason, its her boyfriend. PHEW. Nope, none of that though.

Some random complaints:

When the **** did jason become a skilled enough archer to hit a speeding target from 100yards?

Why did they keep showing him unsheath his machete with this action-y pose that made him look like a fucking Spartan or something?

So Jason has a lil lair, fine i'll buy thats how he kept from being discovered when people tried to go finding their dead teens. He sets up a lil alarm system throughout the woods to alert him to presence of outsiders in/around Crystal like.. fine i'll take that too, i guess. But why didn't he react when that guy and girl tripped over it, and continued to pull on it after discovering the chain that rang the bells underground? In fact it made it seem like only Whitney heard the bells though Jason was underground with her at the time.

Ok thats all i can think of for now. I will say this though, the entire experience at the theatre was horrible so maybe thats why I'm judging this so harshley. I paid almost $30 for the last available showing in the "directors hall" that has leather seats and you get the option to pick where you want to sit in the theatre, assuring you get good seats. Its a small luxury i don't mind paying for when i see a movie on opening night, cuz it makes things easier. I can walk in late and know my seats will be th ere, awesome. But it didn't work out smoothly this time. We didn't have to fight for our seats or anything, but they didn't have any ushers showing people to the seats they paid for either so after the last trailer (the Watchmen if you cared, looks awesome) and the second the "feature presentation" message appears on screen, guess what happens... They turn it off and put the lights up super bright.

Just then a single usher walks in and tells everyone that they need to be sitting in their assigned seats (the ones you payed extra money for...) and no one moves, yet she has like 20 people behind her with tickets saying they're in seat J7 or whatever but someone is sitting in J7. After 15 mins of trying to move people around, they start the movie... with the lights on and the usher screaming at people to move if they're not sitting in the right seats. Thats when they stop it again, but nothing happened on the screen yet. The other thing that annoyed me was the fact that every fucking conversation i heard from the people around me, was how HIGH they were and i knew i was in for trouble. They left too hard at things that weren't that funny, they talked the whole time cuz they were paranoid "oh no he's gonna be right there i know it i just know he's gonna be right there OMG!" and they'd all, guys and girls, scream like bitches when something 'scary' happened... sometimes the screams become before the scare would. Oh and the two big ghetto guys sitting next to me were pussies. They didn't jump at any of the scares but the second there was more than an ounce of blood shown, he'd squirm and say something annoying like 'oh god yo my stomach be turning' and he'd lean towards me. Did i mention he smelled like weed and BO? Well he did. Oh, and this same guy always had a comment to make whenever anything about sex came up. the scene in the tent he kept saying 'yo thats dirty, they cant even wash up when they done, thats just grimey'.

Oh, and after the first few kills when the title screen finally popped up everyone in the theatre thought the movie was over... really? They did the same **** during Vantage Point when the movie would go into its lil rewind and start again from a different persons perspective.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 03:41:05 PM »
Boo, the merge.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 04:31:19 PM »
EasyCure you have one of the quotes wrong: When Trent drops the gun and says "where are you gun?", he never finds it, and says "**** it", not "thank you". Everyone at the theater I went to was talking the whole time as well, and most of them reeked of weed, and people were actually smoking it in the theater. It's really not any different from any of the first 7 movies, aside from the fact that he runs sometimes, which to me, adds a lot more tension. I bet there will be an extended DVD/BluRay release that adds maybe a little bit to it, as well as a sequel, also you never see him actually kill Whitney or Clay, you're just left to assume that he does. I don't know if you're referring to the original's ending as in when Jason's mother gets decapitated in the beginning, or when he pops of out the lake in the end, as that was the ending of part 2, and it was a only a dream.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 01:49:28 AM »
EasyCure you have one of the quotes wrong: When Trent drops the gun and says "where are you gun?", he never finds it, and says "**** it", not "thank you". Everyone at the theater I went to was talking the whole time as well, and most of them reeked of weed, and people were actually smoking it in the theater. It's really not any different from any of the first 7 movies, aside from the fact that he runs sometimes, which to me, adds a lot more tension. I bet there will be an extended DVD/BluRay release that adds maybe a little bit to it, as well as a sequel, also you never see him actually kill Whitney or Clay, you're just left to assume that he does. I don't know if you're referring to the original's ending as in when Jason's mother gets decapitated in the beginning, or when he pops of out the lake in the end, as that was the ending of part 2, and it was a only a dream.

Sure you weren't high? He definately found the gun since in his next scene he almost gets hit by the pick-up truck, and when the driver waves him over he pulls the gun out... and i meant the ending where he jumps out of the lake, tho i don't remember it being a dream. after so many years tho i'm sure my memory is hazy. I'd like to assume he killed both Whitney and Clay, cuz they were annoying<3

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 02:23:59 PM »
holy sh*t, this made over 40 million dollars at the box office.  Never would have thought a Jason movie would open up to a very favorable weekend.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »
Hmmm...maybe I got a contact high. Anyway about the jumping out of the lake part...again, I must have gotten a contact high, because it's from part 1 - Alice kill's Jason's mother, then she's seen on a boat in the middle of the lake with the police arriving at the scene, then Jason jumps out of the lake and pulls her under...then she wakes up screaming in a hospital bed .

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »
Hmmm...maybe I got a contact high. Anyway about the jumping out of the lake part...again, I must have gotten a contact high, because it's from part 1 - Alice kill's Jason's mother, then she's seen on a boat in the middle of the lake with the police arriving at the scene, then Jason jumps out of the lake and pulls her under...then she wakes up screaming in a hospital bed .

I don't remember the hospital bed part. I'll take your word for it but i really just remember the young looking jason jumping out of the leak and pulling her under, then credits but again its been years since i've seen it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »
It's on youtube.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »
i know i checked it after posting. such a beautiful scene

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »
I got the new Uncut Friday the 13th (1980) DVD and watched that the other day.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
i need to go see this one, i wanna see My bloody Valentine at the theater in 3d while its still on, but I'm running out of time.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
I saw this movie the other day. Does Jason always teleport? I've never been a big fan of the series, but How can he be right behind you(the scene from the tunnel to the bus) and then be infront of you? How can he be at the front door one minute(sheriff at the door), and then magically climb up on the roof the next second and not even make a sound? Is he a ninja?

overall, I think it was enjoyable as an action horror flick, but I'm still not a fan of the series.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 03:27:40 AM »
I saw this movie the other day. Does Jason always teleport? I've never been a big fan of the series, but How can he be right behind you(the scene from the tunnel to the bus) and then be infront of you? How can he be at the front door one minute(sheriff at the door), and then magically climb up on the roof the next second and not even make a sound? Is he a ninja?

He's either a feral brain-damaged person well suited to stalking, or a demon. I'd like a Friday supernerd to explain this in wikipedia-like detail to me.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 11:18:12 AM »
He's not a demon, unless you watched the shitfest that is Jason Goes to Hell. I believe the simple explanation is that he never died in the lake, or somehow was brought back to life like he is in the beginning of most of the movies in the series. The tunnel scene, I don't think he "teleports", he just knew where the tunnel ends, and took the high road to get there. He does run in this one, after all.