Author Topic: FIFA 06 Cover Atheletes and Platforms Announced  (Read 1672 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
FIFA 06 Cover Atheletes and Platforms Announced
« on: August 18, 2005, 12:55:29 PM »
Freddy Adu, Ronaldinho, and Omar Bravo on the U.S. box art; GameCube, GBA and DS versions of the game official.

Freddy Adu and Omar Bravo join Ronaldinho and Rooney as the cover athletes for EA's FIFA Soccer 06    

Cream of World Soccer Talent Endorses Best Selling Sports Game

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - August 10, 2005 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, announces Freddy Adu, Ronaldinho, and Omar Bravo as the North American cover stars for FIFA Soccer 06 by EA SPORTST, due for release this fall. FIFA Soccer, EA's top-selling sports franchise, also announced major enhancements to the gameplay and management modes aimed at making FIFA Soccer 06, "The Total Soccer Experience."    

EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 06 brings the TOTAL SOCCER experience to your fingertips. It delivers a combination of attacking gameplay, complete customization, the deepest manger mode ever and pure authenticity.  Intuitive gameplay enables you to command every move of your player with pinpoint accuracy.  Passing, shooting and tackling is now more responsive than ever and enables you to trap, shield and dribble like a world-class soccer player.      

Adu exploded into the world of professional soccer as the youngest U.S. athlete to sign a pro team sports contract in the last 100 years when he signed with Major League Soccer in November 2003. Already MLS's highest paid player, he was coveted by many major European clubs before signing with DC United as the number 1 over draft pick at the 2004 MLS SuperDraft. A regular with the U.S. National Team programs, Adu has represented the US at under-17 and under-20 World Championships and will almost certainly go on to play an important role for the senior team in the near future.    

"I'm so excited to be on the cover of EA's FIFA 2006," said Freddy Adu. It's like being in the soccer hall of fame when you are in the company of some of the past athletes that have made the cover. I never thought that EA could make FIFA any better, but again, they keep blowing me away each year and I can't believe that I am on the cover of the best game out there!"    

Ronaldinho, 25, was named FIFA World Player of the Year in 2004 and played an integral part of the Brazil's 1999 Copa America team at the age of 19.. Ronaldinho currently stars for FC Barcelona where he inspired the club to win the La Liga in the 2004/2005 season.    

"I feel very privileged to be asked to be featured in another FIFA Soccer release," said Ronaldinho. "The game gives me the opportunity to play the matches I want to play every day of the week - even while away from the field."    

Omar Bravo, 24, is widely considered to be one of the most exciting young players on the world stage. He is already a key player for his home club, Chivas Guadalajara and is now a regular in the Mexican national team. With 12 goals in the Clausura 2005 and a further six goals during the Copa Libertadores, Bravo has already proven his credentials as a clinical goal scorer.    

FIFA 06 was developed by a multi-national team at the EA Canada studio in Vancouver, B.C., and is scheduled to ship on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, the Nintendo GameCubeT, PC-CD, PSPT handheld entertainment system, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo DST.  EA SPORTS FIFA 06 will also become available for mobile. For further product information please visit: www.fifa06.ea.com

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline jaz013

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:FIFA 06 Cover Atheletes and Platforms Announced
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 08:11:39 PM »
Will this version finally include the FULL spanish option (voice and text)? I really hope so, but don't hold too much.
“Stultorum infinitus est numerus” (El número de tontos es infinito. The number of fools is infinitum)-Eclesiastés, I, 15.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: FIFA 06 Cover Atheletes and Platforms Announced
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:31:15 AM »
Localized voice in a Gamecube game? Dream on.