Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
TalkBack / How to change my password nintendoworldreport.com ??
« Last post by Robboy on Today at 01:35:31 PM »
How do I change my password? 
 Maybe I'm doing something wrong? 
 Please tell me. 
Thank you.
General Gaming / How to change my password nintendoworldreport.com ??
« Last post by Robyaw on Today at 01:35:25 PM »
 Can you tell me how can I change my password? 
What am I doing wrong? 
 Please tell me. 
 Yours faithfully.
TalkBack / BUSINESS PROPOSAL TO ADMINISTRATOR nintendoworldreport.com
« Last post by Daviduwy on Today at 01:34:10 PM »
Good day  .
I found your forum very attractive and promising.
I want  buy  advertising space for a banner in the header , for $ 1400 per month.
 Pay I will be through WebMoney, 50% immediately, and 50% in 2 weeks. And yet, the address of  my blog  https://mycryptocurrency24.com/ - will it not contradict the topic? Thank you!
Write  about your decision to me in the PM or to the mail semeczenkodavidbigman@gmail.com
Good day  .
I found your forum very attractive and promising.
I want  place  advertising space for a banner in the header , for $ 1400 per month.
Pay  I will be through WebMoney, 50% immediately, and 50% in 2 weeks. And yet, the address of  my blog  https://mycryptocurrency24.com/ - will it not contradict the topic? Thank you!
 Please write  about your decision to me in the PM or to the mail semeczenkodavidbigman@gmail.com
TalkBack / Re: Indie World Presentation To Air April 17
« Last post by Dinar87 on Today at 10:41:21 AM »
 :(
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Boredom and Nintendo
« Last post by Dinar87 on Today at 10:35:20 AM »
I think we’ve come to an impasse where your definition of piracy and emulation are dissimilar to my own. I see emulation as an act of preservation, while piracy is an act of theft. The thing is already preserved, you are stealing it because you don’t want to access its method of preservation.

Where this becomes morally gray- which, despite the tendency to shout “**** nuance,” is a thing that does exist- is how that preservation is taking place. I suppose it has something to do with ownership, as well. I know disclaimers on software exist, and that they state that illegal copying and redistribution of a product can land you in legal trouble. The law of man is a self-fabricated one, however, and I think it would be better to have a discussion about what constitutes illegal redistribution, because no, I don’t think an individual distributing game that is no longer accessible on the Nintendo 3DS eShop for the purposes of emulation is piracy because you can no longer reasonably purchase that software, but yes, an individual distributing Tears of the Kingdom a week after it was released for the purposes of emulation is piracy.

If you have some counter to this mentality, I’d genuinely be curious about your reasoning, because I’m open to a discussion and I am not going to insult you for disagreeing with my interpretation.

I guess my views are (for AAA piracy) pirating and emulating old games you cannot buy (subscriptions don't count, because I cannot own my purchases, they will be taken away as soon as I stop paying) is morally ok. Pirating current gen AAA games (or old games made accessible for a fair price aka not full price for a port and not a remake) is not morally clear, but I'm unsympathetic to nintendo and big companies generally.

The World Economic Forum wants us all to "own nothing, rent everything, no privacy, eat bugs, live in pods". Combine this with ai and robots probably replacing almost all human jobs in the next few decades, and I don't have a lot of sympathy left for big companies.
« Last post by Dinar87 on Today at 10:30:46 AM »
I don't think it's "morally right" to pirate brand new games that are in no danger at the moment of becoming unavailable or inaccessible. I'm absolutely onboard with preserving games from previous generations however you can, but to me the line stops there.

I think for indie devs, it's morally wrong to pirate, but AAA devs it's usually ok. Nintendo's developers may be the best in gaming, but Nintendo the company are assholes a lot of the time. Despite my views, I buy AAA games instead of pirating because I want to support them. But I know that if the company can get away with screwing me as a customer, they will do that. Nintendo is not my friend.

Basically I'll support the games and buy them, but I will always keep my options open. You never know when online games will get delisted.
« Last post by Dinar87 on Today at 10:28:28 AM »
The **** happened here?

People were bored talking about Nintendo. It's on-topic.  :P

We (really just I) have no games to play so I'm blasting off in the forums.
Games in the Indie Direct that I'll likely buy:

Little Kitty, Big City
Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
Europa
Duck Detective: The Secret Salami

There were a couple others that I'm mixed on. Perhaps if the price is right or reviews / word of mouth are really good. But these potential titles I'd list as:

Valley Peaks
Cat Quest 3 - I'll admit I've never paid much attention to this series before. I'm sure I've probably seen the title for the first game on the eShop at times before but I think this might be the first I've actually seen what a game looks like in action and the whole pirate them and map look with ship battles made it stand out as a bit of a highlight during this direct.

All in all, I almost feel like declaring this the best Indie Direct so far. Usually, I watch these and only one or two games really speak to me but I enjoyed most of what I was seeing. It was almost a roguelike and farming sim free Direct which may have helped in my interest towards titles shown as those genres have almost become more of a punchline for their increased frequency of late and oversaturation of the market.
TalkBack / Re: Indie World Presentation To Air April 17
« Last post by Evan_B on Today at 08:10:03 AM »
Steamworld Heist 2 was a real surprise since we just got the last Image and Form game last year. Other than that my picks would be the cat games: Little kitty big city and Cat Quest 3. 
I think SteamWorld Build was made by another studio. Image and Form merged into Thunderful Development and have since been trying to make SteamWorld as an IP a much more consistent thing. I’m also surprised by the announcement, but not displeased. It does look even bigger and better than the original.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10