Author Topic: Switch port begging thread  (Read 20006 times)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Switch port begging thread
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »
In the first year or so of the Switch's lifetime we've seen the console receive a lot of (announced, future) ports. Both from Nintendo releasing (enhanced) versions of Wii U games like Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze & publishing versions of Skyrim, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Pokkén Tournament... As well as third parties aiming to release things like Wolfenstein The New Colossus, Dark Souls Remastered, updated versions of the World Ends With You, etc.

My question to you guys & gals is: which games (if any) would you like to see ported to Switch? Do you want basically the entire Wii U library to get a second chance on Switch? Are there ports that would sell you on a Switch if you haven't made the jump yet? Do you dislike ports for some reason?

I'll start by throwing out NieR: Automata which I don't think is entirely out of the realm of speculation? Nintendo has a good-to-decent working relationship with PlatinumGames, and Square Enix is releasing other ports to Switch already (The World Ends With You, I Am Setsuna).
Seen a lot of hype for this online, it ranked highly with 2017 GOTYs; and although I don't really know much about it, if it came to Switch I would definitely play this.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Switch port begging thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
The Wii "Rainfall" games.  More specifically, The Last Story and Pandora's Towers since I can play Xenoblade on n3DS.  They can be VC ports or HD remakes, either way.  I'd rather double dip to have them on Switch than watch them collect dust in my backlog.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »
Resident Evil, the 2nd trilogy. 4,5,6
Resident Evil 7
Red Dead Redemption 1
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Wolfenstein the New Order

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »
What was so wrong with this thread?

I don't really care. Make as many threads on a subject as you want.

Not sure if it could be done on Switch hardware or not but I've always been interested in Shadow of the Colossus and it just had a remake/remaster done which is what I'd prefer to see ported. I still stand by the couple Arkham games I mentioned in the previous thread as willing to purchase those if ported.

Perhaps Xenoblade Chronicles X. I recently bought the BotW DLC but I didn't have enough space in my Wii U's machine memory. So, I started going through and seeing what was on it and what could be removed. So, the Hulu and Amazon Prime apps or stuff like Amiibo Tap Greatest Hits. Still didn't have enough space so I had to get rid of some update files for other games but I noticed the biggest suck of memory was the XCX update file designed to help the game render the environments better. That thing is 10GB. I didn't want to go through the process of redownloading it again so I kept it by getting rid of other updates but, at some point, if I want the rest of my Wii U games to work or have to download other update files, I may have to get rid of it since I don't feel like purchasing a memory storage device just for that one game. Yet, I wonder what the game will perform like without it. Porting it to Switch might allow the game to run better than it can on Wii U. Although they may want to look into enlarging the text onscreen for various parts as I recall many people complaining about it being hard to see on the TV let alone on the gamepad.

On the subject of Xenoblade, I'd still be open for a port collection of the Xenosaga and Xenogears series as well. Why not bring the whole Xeno series together?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:29:34 PM by Linkle Link »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »

Turns out I'm very consistent.

The "Rainfall" games would be good for me, since I bought those on Wii and have yet to play them.

Also, Tropical Freeze for reasons others have stated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a Rayman Legends port announced?  I remember not finishing this game, so I would be willing to give it another go.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
Insert me moaning about Monster Hunter for the 20th time. We need a port of World, a localization of XX, or a new game made for Switch, and we need it pronto. I know World just dropped, but I'm hoping we see something about MonHun on Switch at E3.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »
Why not Paper Mario: Color Splash?

A port of the best Wii U game, scratch that, the best game in existence, period, should be a no-brainer. Plus, they could get Intelligent Systems to do it themselves, since apparently they’re currently working on nothing of worth.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 09:03:01 PM »
I can easily see the entire Resident Evil library coming to Switch. First - Capcom love to resell RE games, but second, the RE Revelations remaster sold as much on Switch as it did on Xbone and PS4 *combined* - even though at this time, combined, those consoles have about 9x the install base as Switch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »
Keep in mind if you port-beg enough we'll end up with Crash Bandicoot.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »
That's apparently already happening.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »
Yeah, but guys.

Color Splash

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »
Yeah, but guys.

Color Splash

I need to finish Color Splash. Paper Mario games are always a little too long

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:23 AM »
Luckily you’ll be exploiting some of the best [action-adventure] combat mechanics known to man! The game should fly by like a piece of crumpled up paper containing ideas for a turn-based RPG with style and substance as it is discarded into the trash bin at Intelligent Systems’ offices!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »
Disney Afternoon Collection and Okami HD.  I mean, seriously Capcom, a collection of popular 8 bit retro platformers and a Zelda clone, and they release it on every system expect the one with the largest audience for said games.

Now with the Switch getting both Mega Man Collections later this year I'd hope both of the above will show up as well.  But I'm still going to keep calling out Capcom until they're finally announced.

Of course while I'm at it I'd also want Capcom to bring over Devil May Cry HD Collection as well.  With Nintendo releasing Bayonetta 1+2 and we have a third game announced, it would be smart of Capcom to take advantage of this by releasing the DMC games on the Switch to appeal to said audience.  They can even put right on the box, from the creator of Bayonetta to make sure everyone knows these games are very similar to literally try and ride the Bayonetta 3 hype train for their own gain.  It's a win Capcom so get to it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »
Why not Paper Mario: Color Splash?

A port of the best Wii U game, scratch that, the best game in existence, period, should be a no-brainer. Plus, they could get Intelligent Systems to do it themselves, since apparently they’re currently working on nothing of worth.

I'm not surprised you mentioned Color Splash. I was just reading through your website yesterday (Really Passionate Gaming) and saw your article that just did on Paper Mario. I was taken aback by your stance that RPG Paper Mario was a mistake and trash compared to the action adventure of later games like the pinnacle of the series, Color Splash, but your arguments won me over and so now I must agree. Color Splash port or the Switch is a failure.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:51:45 AM »
Disney Afternoon Collection and Okami HD.  I mean, seriously Capcom, a collection of popular 8 bit retro platformers and a Zelda clone, and they release it on every system expect the one with the largest audience for said games.

Now with the Switch getting both Mega Man Collections later this year I'd hope both of the above will show up as well.  But I'm still going to keep calling out Capcom until they're finally announced.

Of course while I'm at it I'd also want Capcom to bring over Devil May Cry HD Collection as well.  With Nintendo releasing Bayonetta 1+2 and we have a third game announced, it would be smart of Capcom to take advantage of this by releasing the DMC games on the Switch to appeal to said audience.  They can even put right on the box, from the creator of Bayonetta to make sure everyone knows these games are very similar to literally try and ride the Bayonetta 3 hype train for their own gain.  It's a win Capcom so get to it.

I'm with you Luigi Dude. Especially since Capcom gave a bunch of hints they were working on a lot for the Switch, it is odd how limited their output has been at this time. Again hoping that we will be pleasantly surprised at E3.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 02:40:07 AM »
It's not really port begging since it's already on Switch, but I'd very much like to beg for a localization of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 08:14:49 AM »
Just dropping in to beg for Overwatch and Fortnite on Switch.

Also, Chance The Rapper: https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/961120896625848320?lang=en
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 08:34:54 AM »
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection
Wii Sports Club
No More Heroes HD Collection
The good Resident Evil games

And hear me out...

New Super Mario Bros. Collection as in every NSMB title including Super Luigi U and Super Mario Run (still auto-run, but you can play it with a controller or touchscreen). That’s like $10 per game. This is pretty much the only way I’d double dip on any of those games.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
HD remake of Disaster: Day of Crisis redone with traditional controls.
Seiken Densetsu 3. Yes, I know it's on the Switch in Japan, but a western release is long overdo.
Goemon's Great Adventure
Virtual On. I don't know which one, but using 2 joycons to control the mech would bring back that twin-stick arcade feel I so miss.
Mission...complete?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
New Super Mario Bros. Collection as in every NSMB title including Super Luigi U and Super Mario Run (still auto-run, but you can play it with a controller or touchscreen). That’s like $10 per game. This is pretty much the only way I’d double dip on any of those games.

That's not a bad idea honestly! Call it New Super Mario All Stars or something. But wouldn't they just make a new one instead? Even NSMBU still managed to shift 5.75 million units, and most of the other ones were successful too... Then again Mario Kart 8 passed the 8 million mark and they successfully repackaged that too.

To be honest I kinda wonder how you'd handle a brand like NSMB in a post-Mario Maker world. They really need to step up their level design in my opinion if they're making a new one. Probably ditch the artstyle too. So yeah maybe a collection could be in the cards as an easier option.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
Call it New Super Mario All Stars or something.
I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.
But wouldn't they just make a new one instead?
whydontwehaveboth.gif

I’d rather Nintendo move away from the New Super Mario Bros. series for the next 2D Mario platformer. The series has run its course outside of Super Mario Maker.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 08:43:12 PM »
Just dropping in to beg for Overwatch and Fortnite on Switch.

Also, Chance The Rapper: https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/961120896625848320?lang=en

They never ruled out a port of Overwatch, so it could happen down the road. Only hurdle they mentioned was keeping the updates for ALL of their platforms was already a large endeavor, so they didn't want to add to that load without thorough planning. Would be awesome if they managed to pull off cross platform play with the other consoles too.
My Game Collection

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 09:09:04 PM »
I’d rather Nintendo move away from the New Super Mario Bros. series for the next 2D Mario platformer. The series has run its course outside of Super Mario Maker.

As Breath of the Wild and Odyssey show, Nintendo certainly takes note of what people didn't like in the previous installments.  Just like the tepid reaction to Mario 3D World caused them to change course, I doubt they were happy with the reaction to NSMB 2 and U.  Especially on the 3DS where NSMB 2 did 12 million units while Mario Kart 7 did over 16 million.  In comparison on the DS, NSMB sold 30 million while Mario Kart did 23 million.  For 2D Mario which is suppose to be more accessible with wider appeal to loss more of its audience then Mario Kart I'm sure caused them to make some changes.

So at the very least I expect an increase in production values and a wider variety of new level settings never seen in a 2D Mario before.  Plus I doubt they'll even call it New anymore since the brand is no longer the hot one it was during the Wii/DS era, so like the Wii they'll drop it and call the next 2D Mario something different to get the mass audience attention again.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 01:06:48 AM »
Tepid reaction? 3D World is still one of the highest rated Wii U games, and for a good reason. It's the best linear 3D platformer EAD has made. The people who whine about it not being a "true 3D Mario game" are just overly-entitled.

The best thing they could possibly do is ditch the "New" Mario Bros. style and offer something a bit more organic and unique that still fits the confines of the series' level design. I am a huge proponent of utilizing Wario in a title like this, as he hasn't had his due in a long while.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
Just like the tepid reaction to Mario 3D World caused them to change course, I doubt they were happy with the reaction to NSMB 2 and U.

Can we not? The games sold nearly 6 million copies each and had they not been attached to the failure of a console that was Wii U they probably would have done much better. The games were great but were undone by the hardware they were released on, not the other way around.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
Yeah I don't get that description. Super Mario 3D World sold the same exact number of units as New Super Mario Bros U (5.75 million) - they're both ties for the second-best selling game on Wii U. Oh, and it's a good damn masterpiece. You can't really compare anything on the Wii U with the 3DS, which has 5 times the install base.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 01:26:54 PM »
I think the only reason there was a change from 3D World is because it was built from 3D Land and Nintendo wanted to start the next 3D Mario from scratch.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »
I'm one of the biggest fans of NSMB U here and I loved 3D World as well but from a marketing standpoint neither game really generated the kind of excitement previous Mario platformers have.  I mean the reaction to both games from the general public in 2012/2013 was basically, "Oh hey it's another 2D/3D Mario game, it'll probably be fun but looks very similar to it's predecessor".

Yes they both sold great considering the install base of the Wii U, but that's like saying Nintendo was happy with Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker because they sold well considering what the Gamecube sales were.  These kind of games are expected to help drive the sales of said systems and if they aren't doing the job, you better believe Nintendo takes the criticism much more serious.  Yes the systems themselves need to be more appealing, but the games are one of the main forces behind making said system more appealing to people.  The N64 had similar image problems and long game droughts just as bad as the Gamecube and Wii U and yet it sold more then both systems because its biggest games were more appealing and generated more excitement to a wider audience then the other two. 

Of course this doesn't mean Nintendo hates the games and feel they were bad.  It's just means they feel the games weren't the right product for the market at that time and they'll act accordingly in the next installment.  There's a reason many of the Gamecubes best sellers went in different directions for their Wii sequels and now they're doing the same on Switch to an even greater degree with both Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, where both games are literally the opposite of what people were complaining about in their predecessors.  That's why I expect the next 2D Mario to ditch the New name and be filled with more unique environments and more detailed graphics to at least solve the biggest complaint about the games all looking the same.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 12:25:48 AM »
There is a big difference between a game that moves systems and one that sells well to the pre-existing userbase.  As Luigi Dude pointed out, Mario Odyssey is moving systems while 3D World was selling to the Wii U userbase.  Though now that Mario has sold Switches I suppose the "need" for other Mario games to do the same isn't there.  So in theory they could bust out NSMB and Mario 3D Land style games to sell to the existing Switch userbase.  But they probably wouldn't sell as well as Super Mario Odyssey 2 would which would capitalize on the first game's buzz.

One thing I find very dull about NSMB/3D Land is they all use the same Mario models.  If I showed you a screenshot from a NSMB game could you immediately identify which one it was if you hadn't memorized the levels?  At the same time if I showed shots of the NES Marios you could easily identify the game in every screenshot (well excluding Lost Levels).  I would like the next 2D Mario to have a unique look.  Even just sprites or cel-shaded graphics could help make the game stand out.  Or why not try something a little more out there like the experimental Kirby games?  What if you had a 2D Mario with Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario all as playable characters and they all control differently like they do in their respective platformers?  So the levels have secret areas and branching paths that only certain characters can access?  Actually they did do some of this with Yoshi's Island DS so incorporate that idea into a mainline Mario game.  Or what about a SSB 2D platformer so it has the Nintendo character crossover but it's a platformer instead of a fighting game?  What about a 2D Mario Metroidvania?  There are lots of twists they can do with 2D Mario.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 01:38:49 AM »
If I showed you a screenshot from a NSMB game could you immediately identify which one it was if you hadn't memorized the levels?
Yes. Very easily, in fact. Ignoring the exclusive power-ups, each of the NSMB games displays in a different resolution. Granted, I’m tired of the weirdly plastic-looking NSMB art style, but your argument here is pretty weak.

To get back on topic, may I have the good Paper Mario games with Color Splash’s graphics?

Oh, and every Platinum Games title. I want another crack at The Wonderful 101.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »
If I showed you a screenshot from a NSMB game could you immediately identify which one it was if you hadn't memorized the levels?
Yes. Very easily, in fact. Ignoring the exclusive power-ups, each of the NSMB games displays in a different resolution. Granted, I’m tired of the weirdly plastic-looking NSMB art style, but your argument here is pretty weak.

It's a lazy comment, but it's not unfair to point out each entry in that series was very iterative with small changes/improvements.  That in particular is why I can't make myself play the DS or Wii games, because once the Wii U versions came out, they felt so clean and refined compared to the fairly boring levels I recall from the first two.

Either way, I hope they have a real drastic departure from that style in the next 2D game.  I miss how stark the differences were between iterations back on NES.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
I won't lie, my biggest Switch dreams are mostly coming true as more indies start making an effort to bring their games to the system.

I think if there were any I think would be a good home to the system, it'd be:

Persona 5 - There's a PS3 version already, so I assume it's capable.
Dragonball Fighter Z - as long as they'd prioritize FPS over visuals, it'd still look pretty good on the system, i'd imagine.
Nidhogg 1/2 - Great competitive vs games, would work great IMO.
Duck Game - Manic/Zany multiplayer competitive game.

Other honorable mentions:

Pyre
Cuphead (not going to happen, but would be nice)

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 04:16:55 PM »
Isn’t Nidhogg 2 supposed to be coming to Switch? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »
It's a lazy comment, but it's not unfair to point out each entry in that series was very iterative with small changes/improvements.
They're two separate points, and they aren't mutually exclusive. A person can both identify NSMB titles and admit that each entry is very iterative. Ian has a habit of resorting to strawmen which I find unnecessary especially in this instance. Is anyone really on the other side of the fence regarding the NSMB series?
Dragonball Fighter Z - as long as they'd prioritize FPS over visuals, it'd still look pretty good on the system, i'd imagine.
I mainly clicked back into this thread to mention this. I'm not much of a fighting game fan, but this game looks amazing. I'm confident it'd still look amazing on Switch. More importantly, it's similar to Super Smash Bros. in that all the inputs are the same for every character so that may help me get into it.

Also, I've been mispronouncing the title for like a year. Apparently, "FighterZ" is just "Fighters." That couldn't be more unclear, Bandai Namco.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 05:41:20 PM »

I think this game is almost a safe bet at this point.  Xenoverse 2 according to Namco's own reports did over 500k worldwide, which is pretty good for a late port.  Plus recent sales in Japan have shown the Switch version of Xenoverse 2 has recently outsold the PS4 version over there so that's a pretty big deal for a Japanese company.

Plus this is what the game looks like on it's lowest settings for the PC version.

So a Switch version should be able to run fine while still looking good if the engine is already pretty flexible with its scaling.  The lowest settings look like a 3DS game and the Switch can pull off much better visuals then that.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
Also, I've been mispronouncing the title for like a year. Apparently, "FighterZ" is just "Fighters." That couldn't be more unclear, Bandai Namco.

Wait, really?  I've seen people abbreviate it to DBFZ, so I've been saying the "Z" separately.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
Wait, really?  I've seen people abbreviate it to DBFZ, so I've been saying the "Z" separately.
Yep.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »
That doesn’t make it any less dumb.

I don’t call the show DRAGONBALLS so I’m not calling their stupid game FIGHTERS.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 08:01:56 PM »
The real question is if you ran NSMB Wii in Dolphin emulator at 720p and compared it to NSMB U could you identify which is which - I doubt it. But back to the SM3D World argument - there aren't *any* games which sold Wii U consoles.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 08:52:12 PM »
That doesn’t make it any less dumb.

I don’t call the show DRAGONBALLS so I’m not calling their stupid game FIGHTERS.
Hey, I'm right there with you. The only thing worse than "FighterZ" would be "Fighter$." If I had to guess why the "Z" isn't separate, it's because the roster contains characters from Dragon Ball Super, but marketing is easier if you still invoke the "Z" from Dragon Ball Z.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:05:48 PM by Adrock »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »
I'd argue Mario Kart 8 was the one game that seemed to cause a bit of an uptick in sales even if it was a minor increase but that game has already arrived on the Switch long ago and done its part.

I also remember when Super Mario 3D World came out, it actually got a lot of positive press and praise. It was the same time the PS4 and XBOne launched and I think it was IGN that said SM3DW was Nintendo's secret weapon to combating the buzz of those released consoles because all they wanted to talk about it and post on twitter was stuff from that game compared to any of the launch titles for the new systems. In the end, it didn't really do anything to change the fortunes of the Wii U and, with a few years having passed since it was shiny and new, it's always felt like the majority of fans weren't really interested in this style of 3D Mario continuing. That's why you still had people hoping for a Galaxy 3 and it felt to me like there was a lot more excitement with Odyssey from when it was first briefly shown in the Switch reveal trailer because it promised less linear levels and more 3D exploration.

Compared to the 3D World reveal that seem to deflate people's enthusiasm who were waiting in anticipation to see the next 3D Mario, I don't think 3D World has ever really overcome that negative general perception even though reviews ended up being positive and a lot of people did like it. Odyssey, on the other hand, always had hype and positive reactions from it's reveal to its release which is part of the reason why it was able to move Switch systems on release compared to 3D World. If Nintendo had done a follow-up to 3D World on Switch, I don't think you see the same reaction or sales that Odyssey got and, in that regard, I agree with what Luigi Dude is saying. The majority of gamers didn't really care about 3D Mario multiplayer so that wasn't much of a draw in the end. Mario 64 and Galaxy are single player focused and that's what the fans want more. Even Sunshine seems to have more fans that the 3D Land/World style so it made the most sense for the series to return in that direction.

As for Ian's comments about the NSMB series, they've pretty much been taken apart already but I'l quickly add my two cents. Yes, I'm highly confident that I could distinguish which game was which from any screenshots one were to post or take between the four games. Even if you were to upgrade the graphics, as Brandonk Kong suggests, I still feel very confident I could distinguish between them. NSMB was pretty basic in its backgrounds while reusing a lot of SM64DS assets which helps distinguish it. NSMBWii had a lot of spinning ground in its game to distinguish it was well as more Super Mario World enemies and feel to the levels. Plus, different backgrounds. They've all got different backgrounds. NSMB2 should probably be the easiest of them all with its gold motif with gold enemies and so many coins in the levels. NSMBU has new enemies, power-ups and it seemed like it tried to have something different or visually new in each level to keep them unique and distinguishable a bit. Of course, it has some of the most unique backgrounds in the series.

The ultimate problem of the NSMB series isn't so much the visuals. It's the level design. To me, the series peaked with NSMBWii and the games after that felt really redundant. NSMBU took until about World 5 to reach levels that were more challenging and engaging. But half the game I felt kind of bored and had to push myself to keep playing because it just wasn't that challenging and felt kind of stale. NSMB2 seemed more designed for its coin rush mode and idea. Thus playing the levels on their own in the normal game mode also didn't inspire much enthusiasm as I progressed and it is the one game I probably remember the least of in the series but, thanks to the gold motif, I could probably still pick out screenshots easily. Nintendo did try some new ideas throughout the series but they still kept the level design pretty safe and didn't really try to change the formula up too much which is the biggest knock on those games and why New Super Luigi U may have been the best in the bunch because it did try something different and had more of a challenge. Of all the games, NSMBWii is the one I have felt like revisiting for some time so one of these days I may give it another spin to see how it compares but I feel like that and Luigi U were the best things worth playing in this series.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:43:15 PM by Linkle Link »

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »

Pretty sure this was already announced as part of the first Adult Swim wave (with Battle Chef Brigade and Toe Jam & Earl 2018). They were definitely talking about it at PAX East last year.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »

Pretty sure this was already announced as part of the first Adult Swim wave (with Battle Chef Brigade and Toe Jam & Earl 2018). They were definitely talking about it at PAX East last year.

Good news, if true.  The portable nature of the switch and me having 6 controllers at this point means I want to have as many dumb frantic fun local multiplayer games on the system as possible.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:12 AM »

I don't care what Namco says, it'll always be FighterZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  to me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
I haven't really been following other systems lately, but I'm sure there are some things I would want.

To be fair, that thread specifically asked about Wii U ports, even if later Adrock gave the okay for others. This thread seems to be asking more generally about systems like PS4 and Xbox One. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but the two threads do feel a bit different for me.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 01:51:30 PM »
I also remember when Super Mario 3D World came out, it actually got a lot of positive press and praise. It was the same time the PS4 and XBOne launched and I think it was IGN that said SM3DW was Nintendo's secret weapon to combating the buzz of those released consoles because all they wanted to talk about it and post on twitter was stuff from that game compared to any of the launch titles for the new systems. In the end, it didn't really do anything to change the fortunes of the Wii U and, with a few years having passed since it was shiny and new, it's always felt like the majority of fans weren't really interested in this style of 3D Mario continuing. That's why you still had people hoping for a Galaxy 3 and it felt to me like there was a lot more excitement with Odyssey from when it was first briefly shown in the Switch reveal trailer because it promised less linear levels and more 3D exploration.

Compared to the 3D World reveal that seem to deflate people's enthusiasm who were waiting in anticipation to see the next 3D Mario, I don't think 3D World has ever really overcome that negative general perception even though reviews ended up being positive and a lot of people did like it. Odyssey, on the other hand, always had hype and positive reactions from it's reveal to its release which is part of the reason why it was able to move Switch systems on release compared to 3D World. If Nintendo had done a follow-up to 3D World on Switch, I don't think you see the same reaction or sales that Odyssey got and, in that regard, I agree with what Luigi Dude is saying. The majority of gamers didn't really care about 3D Mario multiplayer so that wasn't much of a draw in the end. Mario 64 and Galaxy are single player focused and that's what the fans want more. Even Sunshine seems to have more fans that the 3D Land/World style so it made the most sense for the series to return in that direction.

I don't remember the general perception of the reveal as much, but  do remember the RFN episode when 3D World came out.  No one on the show had bought it, and the crew talked about why they weren't so excited for it for a bit.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 06:23:57 PM »
Oh man. That was a classic E3 with so many people decrying Nintendo's lack of originality and how they were never buying another Nintendo console at launch. Oblivion talked about how he was going to jump ship to another console maker and soon did decide to take his leave from this site. A lot of people were in arms at the end of that E3 with only Xenoblade Chornicles X the one shining light that everyone seemed to think looked exciting and was the best part of the E3 Direct. How can you not remember? Such classic times. (I wonder how many people did end up getting a Switch in the launch window in the end after swearing they had learned their lesson from the Wii U?)

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 11:16:47 PM »
The only thing I remember from that era was the RFN after its 2nd holiday sales period when 3D World sold ok but failed to kickstart the system and it became apparent that Wii U could not be saved. The somber debate was depressing.

I think it's generally agreed that any game that sold well after that was basically giving Wii U a small uptick in sales but pretty much playing to the already established base. Looking at sales numbers on the wiki article it looks like Smash Bros and Mario Maker were the games responsible for giving Wii U it's biggest sales boosts after the initial launch.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2018, 09:07:29 AM »
Oh man. That was a classic E3 with so many people decrying Nintendo's lack of originality and how they were never buying another Nintendo console at launch. Oblivion talked about how he was going to jump ship to another console maker and soon did decide to take his leave from this site. A lot of people were in arms at the end of that E3 with only Xenoblade Chornicles X the one shining light that everyone seemed to think looked exciting and was the best part of the E3 Direct. How can you not remember? Such classic times. (I wonder how many people did end up getting a Switch in the launch window in the end after swearing they had learned their lesson from the Wii U?)

Guilty as charged. 

That said, the circumstances were different for me in that at Wii U's launch, I was just excited to get the new Nintendo console.  For Switch, there were at least 3-4 games I knew I wanted, and figured that i'd get my money's worth through the life of the console.  Really, the biggest part besides that was that my gaming time is pretty limited nowadays and the Nintendo droughts I expected with the Switch would be easily offset by me having a PS4 and competent computer.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »
I think it's generally agreed that any game that sold well after that was basically giving Wii U a small uptick in sales but pretty much playing to the already established base. Looking at sales numbers on the wiki article it looks like Smash Bros and Mario Maker were the games responsible for giving Wii U it's biggest sales boosts after the initial launch.

At least in the US, the biggest movers of Wii U that wasn't the calendar (ie: November and December) were Mario Kart 8 and friggin' KIRBY AND THE RAINBOW CURSE.

Here's Wii U sales (as well as PS4/XB1 sales) through June 2016. The only non-holiday months that exceed 100k in the US are June 2014 (Mario Kart 8 launched May 30) and February 2015.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Joekun

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2018, 01:19:09 AM »
If we’re begging for ports put me down for a Pikmin Trilogy (I missed 3 never having owned a WiiU), Metroid Prime Trilogy (so I don’t have to hook up the Wii), Windwaker HD, and a Mario Galaxy Collection!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »
Agreed. Mario Galaxy holds up amazingly well visually, especially when running at a higher resolution. Metroid Prime would need to be updated to add widescreen support. Honestly they should do Skyward Sword HD and release it with Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »
Agreed. Mario Galaxy holds up amazingly well visually, especially when running at a higher resolution. Metroid Prime would need to be updated to add widescreen support. Honestly they should do Skyward Sword HD and release it with Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.
A single tear rolls down Metroid Prime Trilogy’s cheek.

I’d definitely buy Wind Waker HD again, not sure about the other two unless they were included in a compilation which I doubt Nintendo would do if it’s releasing ports for more than the original except with Funky Mode.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2018, 06:15:55 PM »
I would definitely buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy again, since I didn't really play it when I got it the first time.

Honestly, Nintendo should just port my whole backlog, so I can stop having excuses.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »
While we are on the subject of begging, can we also begin a campaign to get larger game cards for these ports? I have been LOVING my time with the Resident Evil Revelations collection (playing the first myself, and the second with the wife in co-op). And I'm a little bummed they are divided one on the card, the other digital.

I would be willing to pay a $5-$10 premium to buy a collectors edition that has them both on one card. Throw in a nice manual too and some other goodies and I'll pay more.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2018, 11:52:04 PM »
To be honest, "collectors editions" that hide the cost of high-capacity carts with extra crap like stickers and manuals would be something I could support.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »
Larger cartridges are not a cost-feasible option right now for anyone.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
Larger game carts aren't the issue. Cost is. Unless costs go down devs will always prioritize fitting as much with as little space possible. You can make any size cart you want and it won't be used if it's too expensive to order.

He continues: "Performance is not really the issue. The issue instead is in the size of carts. The 32GB carts are expensive, you shouldn't be wanting to do that. So we need to fit everything on 16GB, whereas the standard game on PS4 is much, much larger. It's a crazy ratio we're talking about. However, thankfully, there are a lot of opportunities for reduction without changing anything anyone will notice. Another thing we can do is do a cartridge version and then do staggered downloads to make the game complete. That's probably the hardest part. Finding all the new technicalities and quirks that you get with a new platform.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-03-21-how-they-got-ark-survival-evolved-working-on-switch

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
Nintendo needs to just eat the cost of the higher large cartridge prices, period.

Also, surely someone who posts here has an uncle that works at Nintendo - probably half of us. Can you please send them this list? Thanks.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2018, 12:59:00 PM »
They recently announced a Sega Genesis collection with 50 games for PS4, XBONE, and PC, but not for Switch. How does that make sense? Switch would be perfect for this! This has jumped to the top of my list of games I want to see ported to Switch.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
Larger game carts aren't the issue. Cost is. Unless costs go down devs will always prioritize fitting as much with as little space possible. You can make any size cart you want and it won't be used if it's too expensive to order.
Right. Exactly what I just said. Good citation though. I forget that people don’t actually read up on the technical aspects of these games.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »
Also, surely someone who posts here has an uncle that works at Nintendo - probably half of us. Can you please send them this list? Thanks.

My dad works at Nintendo but he's not very important or influential there so my family never really brings it up. He's kind of the disgrace of the Fils-Aime name. Fortunately I've been able to bring back respectability to the family name by becoming a stripper but it hasn't been easy.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
No Genesis Collection on Switch = Sega probably knows when the Virtual Console is coming.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2018, 04:57:49 AM »
I would love to see ports/remasters of the Rogue Squadron series and the Baten Kaitos games.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
When is Arcade Classiscs going to get Ironclad on the Neo Geo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
Nintendo needs to just eat the cost of the higher large cartridge prices, period.

I agree that I think this would be the most surefire way to get more devs and games onto the system.

I would love to see ports/remasters of the Rogue Squadron series and the Baten Kaitos games.

The tragic thing is that there is a perfectly good Wii collection of the Gamecube Rogue Squadron games sitting somewhere that was never released. Bring that out, touch it up a bit for Switch, and we would have a pretty big hit on our hands. Those games still look fantastic by today's standards.
My Game Collection

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »
A list of ports for the Switch, okay I'll bite.

Hmm...

That Duke Nukem 3D remake
Earth Worm Jim HD
DuckTales Remastered
a Ducktales remastered treatment of the two TMNT arcade games, LONG overdue
a FULL HD-Remake of FF3 (6) and Super Mario RPG
Super Mario 64 HD with the DS content but NOT the DS version (if that makes sense)
I'd love to see an updated Mortal Kombat Trilogy with new content. Maybe remake it with all new actors and new technology?

I can't think of any others.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2018, 04:40:43 AM »
I'd like to see Mortal Kombat 4 get some love. I dislike the current fighting system, I just want mk4 with modern graphics.
Though I doubt this would ever happen.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
Hmmm...they could. That would be like a $10 game though

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »
Screw MK 4, I want MK Trilogy. No, you are right I want MK 4. Damn it I want them to remake all of them now. Thank's Perm for getting my hopes up.

Honestly I just want Super Mario 64 and a full on complete overhaul of Super Mario RPG that's it. Everything else is either just a bonus or not a good substitute.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »
MK Trilogy was never an arcade game so I can't see that happening ever. The PC/PSX/Saturn versions we're the most complete, but the N64 had the best load times, so there's no "best" version tonport anyway...but yeah. MK Collection would be cool though, just add in MK4.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2018, 01:58:47 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of a true HD remake. Like hire all new actors, rehire the few who might still look good, and re digitize everything using mocap and modern techniques, but make it look and play like Trilogy. That's what I want. I don't want another arcade collection that's boring.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
I’m sorry, you want something that would actually take effort?

Like that will ever happen.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
Wishing for, not hoping for, let's keep expectations in check.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
Rumors piling up before E3.

-Paladins data-mined: includes images of Joy-Cons.
-Iron Galaxy supposedly working Fornite Switch port.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »
Gotta capitalize on those piping hot video game trends while you can, yo.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »
The hottest rumor on reddit seems to be the Star Fox Grand Prix, a spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing being made by Retro Studios.

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/rumour-retro-studios-working-on-star-fox-grand-prix-for-nintendo-switch/
My Game Collection

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2018, 11:01:29 PM »
I am not in the position to disclose how I know this or who my source is but I have it on good authority my family member in the business whose studio I mentioned before was making games for Switch, who never made games for Nintendo consoles before, they are planning something special for E3. No, I don't know what it is he just told me it's going to shock people more than their previous announcements. He also said, his friends in the industry told him there is another big AAA surprise nobody is expecting coming.

He's not, that connected he's a mid level employee but he does know which projects they are working on. All he has ever told me is which systems they are working on I never learn which games he worked on until after they come out. But the one they did on Switch so far was an out of left field surprise many have cited as part of the proof 3rd party support is improving.

That being said, I trust him. I don't have any real insight but based on his past excitement for working on Switch knowing his studio was anti Nintendo because of the Wii/Wii U and previous policies from the past, if he says something truly big and surprising is coming I have reason to believe it.

He also says expect a bombshell from Sony, a real bombshell. I don't know what to expect I asked is it PS5 he didn't give me an answer just it will be big. He told me when PS4 would be announced because they did a close to launch game for it.

Inside rumblings all he said is there are people in the industry that are expecting the Switch changed the industry and there is no going back.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
I think a bombshell for Sony might be consoles as we know it might be done. It might be confusing and shocking to gamers, but it makes total business sense.

AMD will be in Charge of consoles and Xbox and Playstation will be Stores inside of a console/PCs. Nintendo will of course do their own thing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:14:44 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
They've been saying that for like 15 years now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »
I see us going all-digital before we go exclusivity cloud-based.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2018, 01:12:12 AM »
I think a bombshell for Sony might be consoles as we know it might be done. It might be confusing and shocking to gamer's, but it makes total business sense.

You mean going hybrid like the Switch?

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2018, 08:56:48 AM »
I think a bombshell for Sony might be consoles as we know it might be done. It might be confusing and shocking to gamer's, but it makes total business sense.

AMD will be in Charge of consoles and Xbox and Playstation will be Stores inside of a console/PCs. Nintendo will of course do their own thing.

Ubisoft apparently thinks the next console generation will be the last before something akin to what you're suggesting happens. 

Color me skeptical.  As long as one of the biggest markets (U.S.) has ISPs forcing data caps and slow-walking internet speed improvements, I don't see a switch to all-digital OR a streaming service being feasible.

Additionally, Sony sells consoles all over the world including many places that don't have much internet infrastructure at all. I think Sony is the least of all the platform holders to essentially cut-off a limb for the sake of modernity.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »

Ubisoft apparently thinks the next console generation will be the last before something akin to what you're suggesting happens. 

Color me skeptical.  As long as one of the biggest markets (U.S.) has ISPs forcing data caps and slow-walking internet speed improvements, I don't see a switch to all-digital OR a streaming service being feasible.

Additionally, Sony sells consoles all over the world including many places that don't have much internet infrastructure at all. I think Sony is the least of all the platform holders to essentially cut-off a limb for the sake of modernity.

I don't mean streaming services. I mean stores where you download local content. Sony and Microsoft could still release discs to be played on some generic console. Where console platforms become like Steam stores.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »
Nintendo tried that with several previous consoles including the 64DD. That was ahead of it's time, but I think now it is beyond its time. Why limit it to being in a store when you can download it at home. That wouldn't be able to replace physical sales.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2018, 11:31:47 PM »
I didn't mean physical stores. I meant online stores like what we have now, but your Playstation store and your xbox store would be on a generic console.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »
I don't know if Perm is on the right track or not. My source, a brother to my brother in law, only says Switch changed the industry forever and the other two are scrambling to figure out how to respond. I think they are moving to a cloud service in the near future.
I think it's more like a Roku for Playstation games. Sony boss said no hardware will be shown at E3. That doesn't mean ****. I don't think they will reveal PS5 they have to save that for it's own event where the focus is entirely on them.
Sony is making money on hardware now, but they've been saying consoles, traditional home consoles playing physical discs, are eventually fading out. I think there is a good chance that's the direction they will go. The PS6 will just e a roku typve device, by then the internet infrastructure will be there such they can make that the future and keep selling PS3/PS4 in third world countries that don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. They won't base their business decisions on a small part of the market. That's not like them at all. They made the original PS1 compatible with Video CD's despite the format being completely dead in all but a tiny portion of the world.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2018, 01:28:11 AM »
I don't think the console manufactures want to start a new generation until 2020. It's just too even of a number for the OCD.

Which is part of the reason they did a mid-generation upgrade.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2018, 01:55:54 AM »
I wouldn't mind Sea of Solitude coming to the Switch.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »
I'll start by throwing out NieR: Automata which I don't think is entirely out of the realm of speculation? Nintendo has a good-to-decent working relationship with PlatinumGames, and Square Enix is releasing other ports to Switch already (The World Ends With You, I Am Setsuna).
Seen a lot of hype for this online, it ranked highly with 2017 GOTYs; and although I don't really know much about it, if it came to Switch I would definitely play this.

This was announced for Xbox at their conference apparantly, crossing my fingers for a Switch port too!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2019, 09:42:05 AM »
https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/4/18210199/microsoft-xbox-live-ios-android-switch-cross-platform

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/04/what-does-xbox-live-on-switch-mobile-actually-mean

Apparently we needed this explainer, because the first reactions I saw to the news was "OMG now we'll have good online because Xbox live is taking over Nintendo's online service".  lol.

It WOULD be fascinating if say, once Xbox announces their next console, they announce a streaming app that is downloadable on mobile devices (including Switch) and preloaded on new tvs.  The interviews on giant bomb with the head of xbox said as much that it's part of their strategy to make the xbox library available in as many places as possible. 

Props to whomever it was a few months back that was adamant that the streaming future was closer than we thought.  I argued the opposite, but it's clear they were on the money. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:45:51 AM by lolmonade »

Offline kaijugamer

• Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »
I just want to play Cuphead on Switch.  :-[