Community Forums > NWR Forums Discord

Does anyone know how to get to the yellow switch palace in Super Mario World

(1/1)

pokepal148:
I'm too much of a serious gamer to look it up on gamefaqs myself.

Khushrenada:
There ain't no Yellow Switch Palace in Super Mario World.

There's Yoshi's House which is pointless and you don't need to visit. The game gets going with Yoshi's Island 2 then 3 then 4 and then you beat up Iggy at his castle and move on to this big map of the Mushroom Kingdom. I think it's suppose to represent the other Mario games or something but its weird since you can't really visit them.

Anyways, you play Donut Plains 1 (making sure to not get tricked by the false goal post at the end of the level) and put the key into its black hole and move on to Donut Secret 1. I guess that's the name of the lake or something but I don't know why Nintendo couldn't have called it Donut Plains 2 or Donut Hole since you are now in the hole of this Donut shaped area. Once again, put a key in its hole and move on to the Donut Secret House. There you get another boss battle in which you fight the Big Boo and defeat it thus moving on from the Donut Plains land on to the Star Road. You'll have a choice. There's a pipe you can enter or a Star on the map that appears. Don't enter the pipe. It's just a way to troll the player of being able to see Bowser but not actually play him. Instead, you can play a level called Donut Secret 2 but that's not Bowser so why would you waste your time for a false ending like that where Bowser gets away undefeated and you accomplish nothing. And why not call the area Donut Secret if there are going to be more levels with Donut Secret in their name instead of Donut Plains?

Anyways, you take the Star to warp up to the Star World. It's pretty basic and linear. You go through Star World 1, 2, 3, and 4 making sure to get those keys and put them in their holes since the end goal posts are all fake. It's so weird how Nintendo used goalposts in the Yoshi's Island zone but then they went with keys and keyholes for the rest of the game after you leave it. What's with that?

After making your way around the Star Road, you warp down on the last Star that you have now opened up to face Bowser. Don't play Star Road 5. It's just another troll on the player. Once you beat it, it just puts you back on the path to Star Road 1. I guess the idea is to fool people to keep playing through the Star World levels on an endless loop. Fortunately, I'm too smart for that and thanks to my advice now you are as well!

Anyways, enter the Front Door of Bowser's castle because how else are you going to enter it and select Door 3. You go from left to right jumping up through the large diamond sheets or falling through them to maneuver around the sort of maze and then you select Door 5 and just run as fast as you can from the start to the end of that level. Finally, you have to go along one more dark path where you beat up some weird ninja enemies and a couple Mecha Koopas until you get to the big red door. Enter where you beat up Bowser by throwing Mecha Koopas onto his head 6 times and the game is over. Big deal.

The credits will play showing all these enemies and backgrounds that you never see in the game. I think Nintendo was hoping the game would be a big success and they could make a series out of it so they were trying to build hype for the next entries with what sort of new enemies and worlds you could encounter. Sort of like a Marvel Post Credit teaser before that was a thing but actually in the credits. I think they wanted to do seven of these because they list all these Koopalings at the end and there are seven of them but you only beat the 1st one Iggy on the way to Bowser. You were probably meant to face the others in the other 6 games they must have wanted to do. Oddly enough, Nintendo finally did release a Super Mario World 2 but they completely changed it up. I guess they were hoping that might make it more of a success since the first one flopped and they kept a few things in it like Yoshi appears and you fight Bowser at the end but, to me, they should have just called it something else instead of SMW2. It did even worse and I think it pretty much killed the SNES because Nintendo soon released the N64 and Super Mario 64 on it and just started over which I think was a good idea.

Super Mario World is sort of fun but its way too short. I wish they had way more levels. I think of that wasted overworld map. They should have had you explore it all and could have fit in all these other levels there. Instead, it's like 16 levels and you're done. And no, I'm not including Yoshi's House. I really don't think a single screen should count as a level.

Anyways, as you can see, there is no Yellow Switch Palace. You must be thinking of another game. Maybe it's Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels or something obscure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version