Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3156703 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7550 on: September 03, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
I've been pulling 12 hour shifts for the last 3 months and doing projects after that around the house for the last 2 or 3 weeks.... I haven't had time to read the forums, much less dig up a rumor.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: September 03, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »
It is possible that there will be games out before the system launches. You could buy GameCube games before the console was released in the US. I bought Wave Race: Blue Storm and Rogue Leader at least a week before the system came out here (and a Japanese GameCube with the region switch soldered in).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7552 on: September 03, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Most I could find is that Ubisoft's European website is listing the Wii U version of Just Dance 4 as an October release.
22 October release date, baby! ;)
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: September 04, 2012, 12:51:41 AM »
I've seen rumors but most were nothing special. Still before E3 I had a man from Ubisoft in my house and a friend who was at GDC. Since then I've herd nothing, nor have I asked, hahaha. One of my wushu students is a developer for Team Fortress 2, but they don't know anything Nintendo related.

Oh but here is something interesting though not really new. A known developer who posts on Neogaf said something like uh....

Iherre

"checking platforms supported by UE4 ;)

(some surprises there)"

I know some folks there don't trust what I posted a while back but that got their hopes up. I just hope it's not the "RU4Real?" version. With the first game utilizing it Railsident Evil Crystal Cronicles.

One more thing. Brand New RPG from French developer might be in the works for Wii U.http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/03/developer-mentions-wii-u-for-unannounced-fantasy-medieval-rpg/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:55:20 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: September 04, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
Leaked from an amazon listing:

Release date for WII U --11/11/12 (Sunday)
Price:  $250 barebones
$299--bundle 1
$350--bundle 2

Unknown what the bundles include?

Offline crashnnburn

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: September 04, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but does anyone know if this WiiU will upscale Wii games to 1080p resolution? It shouldn't be hard because Wii games are technically HD just not more than 420p. I wish this feature would be available since I haven't played several games like Sin & Punishment, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Muramasa, Resident Evil 4 and others I can't remember for now.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: September 04, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »
Upscaling really doesn't make much of a difference.  Nintendo isnt' bothering to upscale WII games, but I do believe WII U games will be upscaled from 720P to 1080P (pikmin 3, batman, ect).

You can buy upscalers if you TV doesn't offer it but it's really not worth the cost unless you find it in a garage sale.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: September 04, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
You can buy upscalers if you TV doesn't offer it but it's really not worth the cost unless you find it in a garage sale.

Of all the things you might find at a garage sale, this one I don't think is very likely, and if you did find it it probably wouldn't work.
is your sanity...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Wii U Zelda Rumor
« Reply #7558 on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/

Lots of info. Most likely fake. Though this source talked about nintendos social network and achievements before they were revealed. So who knows? Seriously though read it. It's super hype inducing and no Zelda could live up to this article.

Due  2014, first temple as big as hyrul field, etc.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:14:40 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: September 04, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
The funniest part of that Zelda preview is that the new game's graphics don't match with that video we saw last year.  So baiting and switching graphic styles is going to become a tradition for the series? ;)  At least I like the Skyward Sword look.

Though I realize something that's kind of a bummer.  Immediately upon reading this my mind starting playing armchair developer.  What Zelda fan doesn't start daydreaming about the next game and what ideas they want to see implemented?  I realize that when I start fashioning this stuff in my head, virtually no elements from the Wii and DS Zelda games are included.  It's like I cut off of Zelda at Twilight Princess and imagine a follow-up to that.  I'm not even doing this in a "formal" sort of way where I intentionally cut these newer titles off, there are just very few new ideas they introduced that I would put in my dream Zelda game.  I'm not at all in sync with Nintendo in regards to the Zelda series, which hurts my interest in any new Wii U Zelda game.  Oh and Metroid is the same way.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7560 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:40 PM »
I'm pretty much 100% sure that the "dream Zelda game" I envision in my head is one that will NEVER happen.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: September 04, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »
I'm pretty much 100% sure that the "dream Zelda game" I envision in my head is one that will NEVER happen.

You mean Zelda + Animal Crossing + a lot of random crying? :P
is your sanity...

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: September 04, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/

Lots of info. Most likely fake. Though this source talked about nintendos social network and achievements before they were revealed. So who knows? Seriously though read it. It's super hype inducing and no Zelda could live up to this article.

Due  2014, first temple as big as hyrul field, etc.
But... it HAS to live up to this hype. It... has to...

Ian, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I, for one, think that Zelda could benefit from a lot of the stuff that was introduced in the past three games. I mean, the Wind Waker was a fantastic game, but I would have loved it if you had been able to trace your path before setting out on a journey, leaving the other controls free in the meantime. I think that the past three Zelda games have streamlined the experience heavily, so that the games didn't feel empty like Twilight Princess or tedious like Wind Waker (at times, don't get me wrong, I love that game to death), and, you know... motion controls. I don't want to play another game without them.

I just think that these games proved that the puzzles can be different and new and interesting no matter what play style you give them, and that at its core, Zelda can be a very varied game. Now, my perfect Zelda game would arguably be twice as long as Skyward Sword and three to four times as long as Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass, but I trust Nintendo when it comes to controls and O trust Miyamoto when it comes to overall design. They know what works.

However, the Sky was not a good overworld.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: September 04, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
Tracing the path for sailing is a good idea but I don't really dig sailing to begin with and never would think to include it in the first place.  And motion controls... well I've given my opinion on that a million times and the short answer is I don't like them and would be a happy man if no game ever used them again.

I actually think Xenoblade would have more impact on my design of a Zelda game.  The quick travel of that game and the ability to change the time at will are fantastic conveniences that would fit Zelda like a glove.  That game also has a giant world to explore while Zelda worlds feel kind of cramped (or they're a big blue sea of nothing).  So how about Xenoblade only starring Link and with the realtime fighting and interaction we expect from the Zelda series?

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: September 04, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »
I seem to recall very similar rumors early in the dev cycle for Twilight Princess.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »
Well, a Xenoblade-sized Zelda adventure would of course be wonderful.

But three-hour dungeons would by far be the best.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: September 04, 2012, 11:40:07 PM »
Zelda with Xenoblade sized worlds would be pretty cool! Give me flight via some animal with no bs reasons why I can't fly near the ground amd have my animal interact with the world with me. Maybe a horse that later get's upgraded to a pegesus. Loftwings were alright and I love the idea of giant birds but maybe one a little more vicious like an owl or eagle that plays a bigger role in the story and game play mechanics.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7567 on: September 05, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
See...I don't think the over world needs to be big.  I think that is were the mistake people have is.  The over world doesn't have to be giant...it needs to be interesting.  OoT's over world seemed massive, but also had a completely uninteresting field that just made traversing it boring. 

I also, don't want to play 3 hour dungeons.  I think 1-2 hour dungeons are great...and I would probably lean towards 1 1/2 hours being the optimum dungeon size. 

Now, what I can see is more dungeons.  There is no reason Zelda has to keep to same dungeon system they have used before. 

I would love to see mini-dugeons all over the game's over world.  These mini dungeons play like Zelda versions of Super Mario Sunshine's no water pack star levels.  What I mean is that they are tightly designed challenges that force the player to use specific items carefully and wisely to get through the level.  These mini dungeons are where Zelda gets hear pieces, rubies, special weapon upgrades, anything that is basically a bonus item not needed for the game.  The dungeons could even be worked to disable certain items, or even disable Link's sword so you can only use items. 

Basically the ideas are limitless with this mini dungeon idea...and it creates an incentive to explore everywhere and have a bigger over world. 

Then I think keeping the real big dungeons the same size as most Zelda games would be more acceptable.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: September 05, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
I would love to see mini-dugeons all over the game's over world.  These mini dungeons play like Zelda versions of Super Mario Sunshine's no water pack star levels.  What I mean is that they are tightly designed challenges that force the player to use specific items carefully and wisely to get through the level.  These mini dungeons are where Zelda gets hear pieces, rubies, special weapon upgrades, anything that is basically a bonus item not needed for the game.  The dungeons could even be worked to disable certain items, or even disable Link's sword so you can only use items.

Have you played Skyward Sword because this is pretty close to what they did.  All the overworld area's in Skyward Sword are basically mini-dungeons filled with puzzles that players have to solve in order to get to the bigger main dungeons.  Your last part about a dungeon where Link doesn't have a sword and can only use items is exactly what they have you do at the Volcano area toward the end of the game, when he loses all his items and has to work his way up the volcano using only the items he keeps rediscovering until you finally reach the top and get your sword back.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: September 05, 2012, 01:35:24 AM »
Yeah Spak, it has been done and I loved the majority of it.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7570 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:30 AM »
Nope, I haven't played it yet...but that sounds awesome...and it sounds like Skyward Sword really took the Zelda formula into the right direction.

I haven't played it because I don't have a Wii anymore...and living in S.K...I don't think I could play it because it would be in Korean.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: September 05, 2012, 03:41:52 AM »
Many wanted a less empty over world and we did and didn't get it in SS. I love that their were constant puzzles in between dungeons. I wouldn't mind a big spread out over world again if there was constantly something interesting to do. Doesn't have to be a puzzle, just something.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:43 AM »
You know what had a great, dense, intricate, intricately-designed world? Link to the Past.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: September 05, 2012, 06:21:42 AM »
If you make the overworld too small, then you can't have awesome set pieces like the one from TP where you battled orcs on warthogs and bird-dragon things.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7574 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05:13 AM »
Yes, the TP Orc battle was awesome...and shows a good use for larger over worlds, but that battle could have been done easily in OoTs Over World.

And I agree that Link to the Past is perhaps the best Over World in all the Zelda games.  Though the Dark World is much less interesting than the Light World.  What worked in Link to the Past is almost every screen had a secret, an enemy or something to do.  A few screens were used to help set mood and create atmosphere. 

The Dark World was less lively, but that also set the mood of danger in the stage...and you were never safe in the Dark World it seemed like every screen had dangerous enemies that would eat up your hearts quickly.  Which is another thing that Link to the Past did well...the over world was a serious threat to Link sometimes.