Author Topic: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread  (Read 63880 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter A Go-Go!: The -Ultimate- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »

Do you have U3? I'm still playing it if you want to practice some weapons or wrap up some quests. I'm going to be online for part of today if you care to join.

Nah I only have access to the U3 demo on WiiU. The New 3DS will be my first 3DS.
Mission...complete?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
Your avatar is the best, GK!

I'm hoping I can get both this and Zelda on Friday.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
Thanks Phil.

Think I'll be ordering my charger off of amazon on Friday while you guys start hunting since the new 3DS XL doesn't come with one apparently. Should I order a bigger SD micro card or is the one included big enough for save data & eshop buying?
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »
Honestly GK I'm going to just go ahead and swap to a 64GB.  There is a PNY one for $30 on Amazon that does 90MB/s.  I got it in and doing the transfer of the data from my old 3DS I've gotten it to 60MB/s so its fast.  More importantly since I'm not Shaymin I'll probably never need to touch it again ever.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »
I have an 8gig micro card set in an adapter currently so I already have a bigger one. A 4 could get you by but I found the 2gig filled up fast and by the time I got the 8g and "filled the fridge" with things I had removed I easily crossed the 4gig point. I have 3 retail games and about a dozen DSiWare titles plus a few dozen photos. Also a bunch of demos I like to keep handy. If you think you will end up with about that much I would upgrade to a larger size card. I hope to get a 64gig and that should carry me for the rest of the system life.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 02:18:56 AM »
Think I'll be ordering my charger off of amazon on Friday while you guys start hunting since the new 3DS XL doesn't come with one apparently. Should I order a bigger SD micro card or is the one included big enough for save data & eshop buying?
It depends on whether or not you plan to buy any retail games as downloads. If you do, you will need a larger card to hold more than one or two games. If not, and you'll just have save data and eShop-only titles, you will probably be fine. I say, wait until you need it before you buy it, because if you don't need it then you've wasted money.

I still have the 4GB that came with my XL and I haven't had any issues. I even have one retail download plus about 30 other eShop downloads, and still plenty of space to download new demos to try out.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
I may get some older games I missed out on so ordered the new card.

According to my UPS tracking number, my 3DS will be here on Monday. Take that 1 or 2-day shipping!
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »
I may get some older games I missed out on so ordered the new card.

According to my UPS tracking number, my 3DS will be here on Monday. Take that 1 or 2-day shipping!
Got ya beat.  Mine shipped Yesterday from Kentucky and its on my porch as of 10:48.  I would go get it but I live an hour away so its going to have to be outside in the cold for about 6 hours...

With that being said, I'm going to try to do the transfer tonight and post my Friend stuff for those who don't have it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »
Mine shipped from KY too. Looks like it left Maryland 2 hrs ago & I'm the next state over so unless they decide to sit on it I may get it later today. Of course in my ongoing effort to save a few bucks I ordered my charger off of eBay instead of just going to Gamestop. So while I can play it soon, I won't be able to charge it until Monday at earliest. >.<
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:35 AM »
Wish this would come sooner. All of my possible leads on getting a Majora's Mask Limited Edition failed me. And some guy just gloated about how he had bought a bunch this morning. :P Nintendo needs to get their production straightened out. Never would have heard about a problem like this back in the N64 days for limited editions. You pre-ordered the game at least a week before release and you got it.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2015, 01:20:08 AM »
I tried the demo for this MH, just like the Wii and the Wii U games before it. This was definitely the best demo yet! They actually explained what to do and I managed to kill my first monster. ...I felt kind of guilty.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2015, 02:31:34 AM »
I'd offer to play the demo with you right now, ShyGuy, but my 3DS is currently a crossroads for animal crossing badge hunters. I started playing the demo again since I don't get my game+ N3DS until Wednesday. I've gotten a lot better at bow because I've been taking down monsters faster in solo mode.

I just can't motivate myself to play MH3U at this moment either to pass the time. Good thing too as I have a great deal of homework to complete.
My Game Collection

Offline kbaker2002de

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 12:59:27 AM »
Just got my MH4U New 3DS delivered today.  I put in probably 2 hours or so.  Just the beginner stuff, which I need.  Never got into MH before, all I played was the Wii demo and I hated it.  But so far, I really like this.  Once I'm out of the beginner stage, maybe once I beat the Great Jaggie on my own, I'll venture out into the online world.  Hopefully I can find some people that are more experienced and can help me out.  So far though, it's fun.
"I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the Gates of Hell carrying your head on a pike!!"

"Stride?"

"All right then ROLL! ROLL thought the gates of hell!
Must you take the fun out of everything?"

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »
Most people in the Community are helpful.  It was better with Voice Chat for that because it was easier.

I'm really liking how they are moving the single player along.  I normally don't like it much but the actual variety here and a light enough story to make sense plus the localization is working for me.  Really mixed on expeditions though.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »
HR1 Keys   
Genprey Payback   
Bug Burger   
Kecha Konundrum   
Tackling a Tetsucabra   
The Gypceros Project   
Web Sighting   Urgent

HR2 Keys   
Royal Assassination   
A Ghastly Gift   
Zamtrios of the Deep   
Nix the Najarala   
Dark Wings, Dark Work   Urgent

HR3 Keys   
Tigrex Tough Love   
Temper Tantrum   
Royal Audience   
Tuff Turf   
The Royal Guard   
Advanced: Sand Sailor   Urgent

Here is a list of the Low Rank Key Quests and there Urgent.  I did a more extensive one for Monster Hunter 3U but this is a quick list where I'm at this was derived from http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Guild_Quests

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
Mission...complete?

Offline Zacko

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »
Downloaded this on the eShop last night on a whim. What is a good weapon to start with? Also, when do most people get online to play?
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
Downloaded this on the eShop last night on a whim. What is a good weapon to start with? Also, when do most people get online to play?
The easiest weapon to start with is the Sword and Shield.  Its the most versatile of the weapons which makes it a great starter weapon.  Though it hurts in power.  When your ready to move from there Dual Swords if you want to keep with swords but I recommend Hammers next personally or Hunting Horn if you want something a little more complex.

Also another great starting option is Lance.  The extra defense option and lance scales well.

Don't get me wrong though.  You can "beat" the game with any weapon type.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »
Egg guest can bite me.
I spent over an hour on one and had to abandon because of time.  Couldn't even end via subquest.

So you have to still a Rathian egg with and active Rathian.  If you take care of the Rathian every way have you climb down a cliff is covered by Jaggi or those rollipolly guys.  It takes about 5 minutes to walk the egg.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »
Rathian is active as in it doesn't show up after grabbing the egg like in Tri? I'd imagine you could tag it with a paintball, run like Hell to another area until it calms down, gets bored & leaves, then go for the egg.

If you don't have an armor set designed for carrying quests, try maxing out your stamina bar with food or whatever. Unless things have changed, Jaggi typically pause before striking so if you're always running you can narrowly escape them. Just remember to let go of the run button just before you run dry or you'll drop the egg.

My charger just arrived so I'll probably give these quests a go after class. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:48:42 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Lance was my first main in Tri. It is a good one. I second the Sword & Shield as a great starter as well.

I then moved on to Long Sword which was my main all through 3U. Now I am moving on to bow and bowguns for 4U.

My sister started S&S and moved on to Duals. She's talked about gunning but likes the blades too much.

My system arrived but I have to go pick it up as I deliver it elsewhere since I live in an area notorious for getting mail stolen.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2015, 04:15:08 PM »
I just played through the opening sequence on the boat and got into town, but had to put it down after that. I've gotta say, I'm intrigued. Looking forward to exploring it some more.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Zacko

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
I actually started with the Great Sword, and it is a blast for lumbering around. It's particularly awesome when around a group of smaller dudes, due to the near-360 degree arc of the A-attack after your opening X.

I am surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game so far. Is there a database online for this game, a la Wowhead.com for World of Warcraft? I checked the Wikia site, but it's pretty lack luster.
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
Lots of database options.

Mhag.com is a popular one.
Kiranico is also referenced a lot.

I primarily use the android phone apps:
MH4U Companion
MH4U Dex
MH4U Hunter's Guide

There is also a program calles Athena's ASS (Armor Smith System) which helps you decide the best armors and armor skills you can get with specific weapons and armor pieces. Very in depth and more for advanced players looking to squeeze out every last point in the armors of their choice.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
I mentioned this in the TalkBak thread for Neal's great article on the Insect Glaive, but I'm usually partial to ranged combat in games, and I was wondering if that was a good idea for a complete beginner or if there's another ranged weapon that would be easier to start with.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent