Author Topic: PilotWings Is The Latest Club Nintendo Reward  (Read 1099 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
PilotWings Is The Latest Club Nintendo Reward
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »

A history lesson in Mode 7 for only 100 Coins.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32136

PilotWings is the latest Club Nintendo Reward, replacing Dr. Mario Online Rx, and is available for 100 Coins. PilotWings is a Wii Virtual Console title, and was originally released for the Super Nintendo.

Developed by Nintendo EAD, PilotWings was released shortly after the Super Famicom's 1990 debut, and became a launch title for the SNES in 1991. The title played like an arcadey flight-simulator, tasking players to fly through a variety of obstacles as accurately and quickly as possible. It made heavy use of the SNES's Mode 7 graphics system to manipulate and rotate sprites, creating a 3D effect. This is the first installment of the series, which saw its third entry last year with Pilotwings Resort.

PilotWings will be available as a Club Nintendo Reward until October 28. It joins 3D Classics: Urban Champion (available for 150 Coins until October 21). It is also available on the Wii Virtual Console for 800 Nintendo Points.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: PilotWings Is The Latest Club Nintendo Reward
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »
I know it's looked down on by some as being a tech demo, but I still love Pilotwings.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »
I never really played the Nintendo 64 one (until the first PAX East, actually), but I loved the SNES one. It doesn't quite hold up that well today, but it's still really cool.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »
The post-training mission is freaking hilarious. I won't ruin it for those who have yet to play it, but it totally comes out of no where and it cracks me up every time.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
The only Pilotwings I've played is the 3DS one, and I don't think this is going to change that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent