Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 454929 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #750 on: March 17, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »
I try to. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
From Sakurai's Twitter.

Sakurai is starting up his brand new move sets! The one below looks like Dixie Kong to me. He say's they will be needed soon, chances are he is using them now.

Does anyone remember when I made this post above? Of course not it was almost 2 years ago. But I posted two pictures here from Sakurai's twitter, one of which has mysteriously disappeared. It was of a little action figure crouched on its knees. It was very monkey like and I bet a hint at a new comer. There is absolutely no way to get this picture back now that it's off Sakurai's twitter right? There's no super secret forum vault where all things go just for such an occasion?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 27, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »
Silly little thing:

Can Nintendo change the Title to something less generic?

Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U) instead of "for" since it is the forth game in the series.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »
Silly little thing:

Can Nintendo change the Title to something less generic?
I have a pet theory that they're gonna call them something like Super Smash Fire and Super Smash Ice just looking at the respective logos.

Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 28, 2014, 02:32:52 AM »
The real name for both games will be revealed at E3.  That'll be the time we finally get a good look at both games and what the differences between them will be so it makes sense their true names will be given as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 28, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »
Sakurai already confirmed at E3 that "For Wii U" and "For 3DS" are the official names. He didn't say they are tentative or placeholder titles. Unless that changes, these are the final names. Boring yet ultimately inconsequential.

Personally, I always just refer to it as "Smash Bros" to friends or my brother. Eventually, they were going to run out of synonyms for "Melee" though I kind of like the sound of "Super Smash Bros. Clash" and "Super Smash Bros. Rumble." It just starts sounding silly once they're left with "Rumpus" and "Hullabaloo." Also available is "Ruckus."

"And if you want beef then bring the ruckus, Super Smash Bros. ain't nothin' ta **** wit." Okay, I'll see myself out.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 28, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
wu-tang vs. smash confirmed

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
Super Smash 3D Bros and Super Smash HD Bros.

Offline PSap29

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 28, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that no characters have been revealed since Diddy?  Sakurai has been revealing 2 characters a month since E3, but none in March.  Could he be gearing up for another big character reveal or maybe a reveal for a new mode or feature?

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 29, 2014, 01:02:18 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that no characters have been revealed since Diddy?  Sakurai has been revealing 2 characters a month since E3, but none in March.  Could he be gearing up for another big character reveal or maybe a reveal for a new mode or feature?

I'm actually starting to think that he wasn't fucking around when he said not to expect all the veterans back. I mean, I'm sure like Yoshi and Captain Falcon are locks, but we might lose us a Jigglypuff, which would be devastating, and Rob, Snake, Wolf, Dorf, Lucas, which would be eh. I don't think there are too many newcomers left either. Maybe three.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 29, 2014, 04:27:05 AM »

We've been getting a new Nintendo Direct every 2 months so we're guaranteed one for April.  There's talk going around that Nintendo is going to reveal a bunch of new Mario Kart 8 info next week so that new Nintendo Direct could literally be a few days away. 

So yeah, we should be getting a newcomer pretty soon unless Sakurai uses the upcoming Direct to reveal Snake like he did with Sonic in the October Direct.

Offline PSap29

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 29, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »

I'm actually starting to think that he wasn't fucking around when he said not to expect all the veterans back. I mean, I'm sure like Yoshi and Captain Falcon are locks, but we might lose us a Jigglypuff, which would be devastating, and Rob, Snake, Wolf, Dorf, Lucas, which would be eh. I don't think there are too many newcomers left either. Maybe three.

Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff are all locks, since they've been there from the start.  I would be fine with Wolf and Lucas not making it in.  However, unless he's replaced by Girahim, I don't want to lose Ganondorf, he's one of the better characters.  It's pretty much been confirmed that Snake won't be back, which makes me sad since he was my main in Brawl.  I like ROB, but at the same time, I won't mind one way or the other if he doesn't make it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 29, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »
I like how some people (not on this site) are freaking out and worried that Yoshi isn't going to be coming back.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 31, 2014, 04:14:29 AM »
Well it looks like Luigi has a new Final Smash.

So now we know Sakurai has no problem changing characters Final Smash attacks so it should be interesting to see who gets new ones.  Pit should get a new one involving the Sacred Treasures from Uprising.  I'd imagine Donkey Kong will get a new one since his Bongo one in Brawl sucked.  I'd also hope Toon Link, Falco, Wolf and Lucas get new ones for obvious reasons.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
Donkey Kong should use his horn from Tropical Freeze.

I actually hope everyone gets theirs tweaked if not just brand new final smashes.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 31, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
It should be expected to give them new smashes each game because if all of the old characters stay the same it makes each new game pretty much an expansion pack instead of a new game.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 31, 2014, 11:50:39 AM »
I really hope Peach gets a Super Princess Peach inspired Final Smash. It should be at least the Rage Vibe, but it'd be great to fit all of them in.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
Maybe each Smash can be based on your status. One outcome if you are low on health, one if you have full health.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:11 AM »
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/

"Catch a new Nintendo Direct right here on April 8 at 3 p.m. PT.
We will share new details about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS."

Maybe a release date, new features, updated stage builder, music staff announcements, a new character, etc>

Also, this is probably the first time where we knew of a Nintendo Direct more than 2-3 days in advance.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:59 AM »
If its getting it's own Direct that they're announcing days before release, that means something major is about to go down.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #770 on: April 04, 2014, 04:37:21 AM »
Also, this is probably the first time where we knew of a Nintendo Direct more than 2-3 days in advance.

I believe the Pokemon XY reveal Direct was aired on a Tuesday (morning) and announced the previous Friday. That's the closest we have.

Also, I'm expecting a delay out of 2014. For one version, anyway. The 3DS one.. Maybe they'll give them subtitles so we can go back to "CONFIRMED FOR (x)".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 04, 2014, 09:12:34 AM »
Call me crazy, but about the "real name" thing...Super Smash Bros. U and Super Smash Bros. 3D. Most obvious thing in the world.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 08, 2014, 06:49:06 PM »
Well, I'm gonna chalk that Direct up as a moderate disappointment. I don't personally care about the online stuff, but the super restrictive parameters for the quasi-ranked matches looks like a big turn-off. And I'm sure it'll piss competitive folks quite a ways off that they purposefully didn't put in straight fight rankings.

And damn, the summer release speculation was half right in the worst way!

Separating the transformation characters seems like a good move, though I really hope they're not wasting roster slots on Ivysaur and Squirtle.

And finally, the new character reveal, blech. Some fugly Pokemon I've never heard of! Hooray.

Given that the 3DS version is dropping soonish, I think we're approaching full foster. I predict two newcomers for E3, one of which is certain to be Mii.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
For Glory: Is basically for those "smash snobs" and elitist. I intend to go in there and crush dreams!

Offline Rodrigue

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
i feed on the tears of you who cry about features that don't concern you. a bloo bloo bloo, why won't nintendo solely cater to me?