Author Topic: Re-calibrating the touch screen  (Read 1689 times)

Offline ABlueflameA

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re-calibrating the touch screen
« on: August 01, 2004, 07:57:01 PM »
The one thing that I'm a bit worried about is that no one has commented on calibrating the touch screen.  For those of you who have never had a palm pilot or any other similar device, the touch screen tends to lose calibration.  In simple terms, after a while, when you touch some place with the stylus, it thinks you are actually touching the screen an inch lower, or to the right or basically somewhere where you are NOT touching.  In palm's there is some software that comes with them that allows the user to touch different areas of the screen when prompted to do so and it re-calibrates the touch screen.  HOWEVER, in some cases, the calibration gets so bad that you cannot even get to the menu to tell it to run the re-calibration program and you have to hard-restart the palm (which is BAD).  I hope Nintendo addresses both re-calibrating AND hard-restarting (which would not be so bad on the DS because there's no built in software to lose...or is there?)

Comments? Questions?
-Blue
Yea! Ramen!

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
RE: Re-calibrating the touch screen
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 08:08:40 PM »
I'm sure they will take care of this. They're not stupid. Booting the system without a game in will probably take you to a control menu, and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere on there it said "Press A to recalibrate the touch screen."

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Re-calibrating the touch screen
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 10:09:32 PM »
Yeah, the addition of regular buttons would solve the navigation problem very easily.  Also, they may pull a super scope and force the user to touch a certain spot of the screen before starting a game up in order to get the calibration right.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram