Author Topic: 100% UNOFFICIAL : MGS TTS  (Read 7682 times)

Offline FOX McLOUD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
100% UNOFFICIAL : MGS TTS
« on: March 11, 2004, 05:42:26 AM »
I noticed that there wasn't a post on this up yet, so let the questions begin.

First up, how do you beat the raven guy in the tank?

I know that it is probably easy, I just can't figure this one out.

And please hide all spoilors.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: 100% UNOFFICIAL : MGS TTS
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 05:55:35 AM »
Isn't telling you how to beat someone a spoiler?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 04:36:30 PM »
i feel so retarded for asking this ...
first boss spoiler:  after you beat revolver ocelot you're told to contact meryl on the codec and you'll find her frequency is on the back of the package.  what the hell package are they talking about??  i'm sure the answer is right in front of me, but i can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy.
luckily, i have to quit for the night, but i expect an answer by the time i get home from work tomorrow so i can pick up where i left off.    thanks.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 06:31:08 PM »
The "package" is the box TTS came in! I didn't figure that out myself, I had to look it up, cause it wasn't clear at all.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
RE:100% UNOFFICIAL : MGS TTS
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 06:33:45 PM »
SPOILER TAGS EXIST FOR A REASON!

Fox: Use the chaff grenades (at any distance) to temporarily inactivate the tank. While the bar in the top is draining, you can either throw grenades at the tank to injure the tank, or wait for the gunner to pop his head out. When he does, shoort him with the famas. You can also throw grenades into the little hole the gunner is in. Then when he's dead, get ready for the gunner #2 .

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE: 100% OFFICIAL : MGS TTS
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 05:30:32 AM »
molebert, you need to learn to use spoiler text.

EDIT:  i forgot to say, thanks for the help.  now that i know the answer, i vaguely remember it from the original version.  if memory serves, i don't think i was able to figure it out then, either.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
RE:100% OFFICIAL : MGS TTS
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 06:00:46 AM »
100% OFFICIAL, I could have sworn that I said 100% UNOFFICIAL. Oh well.

Thanks for the help everyone, it is just sad that I already beat the raven guy on my own.

Also, when I say spoilers, I mean storyline, not pertaining to gameplay.

Also, how do you use that block out text?

And how do you splice in a picture for your icon space?

I am serious, I have no idea.

And lastly, to find Maryl's frequency, just keep going threw all the possible frequencies until you find the right one. I know that it is a pain, but just stick it threw, and it will work.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 06:43:39 AM »
bloodworth probably changed the topic title.

you do spoilers like this [_spoiler_]this is the text you want to hide[_/spoiler_] except you don't use the underscore.

so it looks like this.  pretty neat, eh?

and you choose your avatar by selecting the 'profile' button at the top of every forum page.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »
I need some help for this game but it's not on gameplay, what I seem to be having problems with is to change the brightness. I use every possible button and sticks to change that blue line up/down but nothing happens, what am I doing wrong and what should I do?

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 05:56:06 PM »
The thing is Caliban, is that you'll have to adjust your televison; the game has no options to adjust brightness a la Resident Evil. It took a little for me to figure it out too, but notice it says "adjust your MONITOR...."

So yeah, you'll just have to set manually, and set it back to normal if its too bright for your other games or television viewing....  
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 06:58:13 PM »
Yes it does man, even the manual mentions it on page 28(bottom). I see no reason why they put it there and not make it functionable.

Edit: I figured it out by myself, still I thank for your help djunknown and numnuts.

Offline NuMNuts

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 06:10:48 AM »
it's just like Djunknown said you adjust you TV's brightness to make the grey below the blue line dissapear.

so what is the frequency number anyway?

Offline NuMNuts

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 06:16:38 AM »
lol i just looked at the pictures behind the "package" for those who still haven't got it the frequency is  140.15

Offline NuMNuts

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2004, 08:45:26 AM »
well i just made it to psycho mantis and i've been fighting him for about 10 minutes now and have only taken away like 1/8 of his HP away. HOW DO I DO IT FASTA'  i've never played the game all the way thru on ps1 so i'm new to it in a way.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2004, 10:45:26 AM »
Sorry, but you're going to have to pick a new user name.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 05:27:12 PM »
Numnuts, change the controller plug to a different socket, then you will be able to hurt him (use Famas). Once he starts dodging your bullets again, switch the controller socket. Keep doing this until he's dead.

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 05:51:23 AM »
At the end of the game, what does Ocelot mean?

What is he truly saying?

I wan't to know!

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 09:17:33 AM »
You're gonna have to play MGS 2: SOL to make any sense of what Ocelot's talking about.  Or, if you want to have the second game spoiled for you, I'm sure somebody here would tell you.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 07:06:15 PM »
You're wrong Myxtika1 Azn, MGS2 makes not sense at all only any level EVER. Heh, just kidding of course.

Also, kingvudu has a bad ass signature

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 05:42:39 AM »
Another question.

Does the gam have multiple endings?

You know, the whole Meryl deal.

Also, on a side note, what the heck is "yaoi"? From the Fire Emblem review. Is it a Jap word, and what does it mean?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 03:18:26 PM »
If you give up at the torture scene with Ocelot you get the Otacon ending, if you stick through it, Meryl lives and will be at the end instead of Otacon.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 11:03:53 AM »
In the manual, it says I can change the camera angle with the C-Stick, but when I try it, it doesn't work, and I'm stuck with the same crap angle all the time, and it sucks when people are chasing me. Someone helps me please.
OH NOEZ TEH DIMENSHUNS R FALLIGN!!!1!11!11!@!@!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2004, 11:34:10 AM »
i believe you can only change the camera angle when you are pressed up against a wall.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2004, 04:58:49 AM »
there's a level 4 door in a hidden hallway near where you battle with ocelot.  there are 3 security guns in the room.  as far as i can tell, this room doesn't seem to have any purpose--there's nothing in it except for the security guns.  am i missing something?

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 01:06:37 AM »
There's a camera in one of the rooms.  You can use that to take pictures and save it onto the memory card.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 12:53:16 PM »
i know there's the camera in the level 6 room, but as far as i can tell, there's nothing in the level 4 room except 3 security guns.

Offline Snake 'n' Bake

• USER HOSTED BY ANGELFIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2004, 01:55:39 AM »
That damn room has been bugging me alot lately. Btw otacon ending = lol
"So what, is the toilet seat the uncle?" ~ Futurama