Author Topic: Local Band Surprise  (Read 5761 times)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« on: February 01, 2003, 05:26:35 PM »
Being fifteen, I don't get out to college bars hmmm ever. Last night a few of my friends convinced me that it would be a good idea, so I went along with them and have to admit I had a good time. Besides the extreme amount of smoke in the room, it was actually a lot of fun, even with snickering college guys. I have to admit, I never really was a big fan of the local scene, because most of the bands I have seen are not all that impressive. I was blown away by this band though, Bolt. This group had no vocals, but they could play so well, it was unbelievable. Oh well, anyone have some good local band expierences?

Offline Matt

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 08:37:44 PM »
I never really know about local bans, and I usually only hear of bans after they hit the mainstream.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 07:01:08 PM »
There are some pretty good bands in my area.  One of my favorites currently is Saltbox.  You can listen to some of thier work over at hansv.com   Just go to the "Sounds" section.  They are all really crazy one-takes.  But if you can get the chance, listen to their Holiday special.  Pure genious.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 09:58:08 AM »
Good Charlotte is local to me.  Then there is Toni Braxton who is from Maryland.  Or Tori Amos who is suppose to be from around the Maryland/Virginia area, but those two aren't bands.  Dave Matthews Band, they're from Virginia aren't they?  Or at least have ties there.  I seem to recall something about Boyz II Men and ties to Baltimore.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 01:29:57 PM »
The Queens of the Stone Age are coming to Raleigh soon.  They are really cool.  Then another is Evanescence.  They are from Arkansas or something, not really local, but they are a great band.  I suggest listening to them.  They only have a single out now, "Bring Me To Life".
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 01:56:08 PM »
I couple of years ago I saw a great band at the Pacific National Expedition (a big annual fair held in Vancouver).  Now the PNE always has a band playing each night that you can see free with admission thought they're usually some really old act that only my parents have heard of or a really lame act that lacks the talent to make it big.  On this night the band was Damn The Diva, a Canadian band that got some airplay on the local radio stations.  I didn't really like the stuff I had heard too much so I wasn't excepting anything.  Instead I was treated to one of the best shows I've ever seen as they rocked the house down.  The lead singer sang so hard his voice was nearly shot by the end and he sounded perfect for the first song.  Sadly I haven't heard any of their stuff on the radio for a few years so I don't know if they're still together.  They have some good stuff so if you ever get a chance to hear their music go for it.

I also saw Nickleback as an opening act before they made it big.  They were pretty good but I've never really been much of a fan.

I don't check out to much local music because the venues they play at are usually bars and clubs and as I don't drink or smoke I tend to dislike those types of atmospheres.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 02:19:17 PM »
I am going to see QOTSA march 21st at house of blues in myrtle beach...

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 10:17:56 AM »
any one heard of "187", I think it stands for the code police respond to for death or of that nature.  
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 12:34:13 PM »
Papa Roach's drummer, David Buckner, came from my town. so there.  
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Local Band Surprise
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 04:16:32 PM »
Baltimore has the best local bands.  Luinnisinfus is a GREAT hard-rock band but they are breaking up.  But their guitarist, vocalist and drummer have started another band, which is even better, its more soft like Third eye blind.
it was time for a change.

Offline Bubba

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2003, 04:24:50 PM »
Im in a ska band called Bus 5 and I guarentee you will see us some time or another.  We alomst have a recording company deal going on.  WE have 8 members.  I play tenor sax and third guitar so yeah

Ok maybe you wont see us but i hope you will.

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 02:28:37 PM »
does your band have a website Bubba?

Offline Bubba

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 04:06:09 PM »
yeah the website is brand new and not very big but here it is.  I havent posted all the songs either. "we have like 5 or 6 or 7 i dont know lol.  But yeah we are pretty good.  

bus 5 the website

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 12:17:48 PM »
cool, will you be putting mp3's of your music on the site?

Offline Bubba

• View Profile
Local Band Surprise
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 07:15:54 PM »
Hey, we just won battle of the bands!  Dude we got 300 bucks in prize money! Umm we may put videos of us on the site but I doubt that we will put mp3s on it because we are going to probably make a demo and sell them on the site.  We get to move up to the next battle of the bands now though.   So yeah man. Support your local ska band!