Author Topic: Official Aussie Thread Reborn  (Read 101222 times)

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Official Aussie Thread Reborn
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2003, 09:43:23 PM »
KnowsNothing, I have that commercial captured, I can send it to you if you want, or I can put it back on my webspace in the near future.  I know that somthing similar to this aired in Australia too.  The live action was the same, but the gameplay footage was a bit different.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
RE: Official Aussie Thread Reborn
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2003, 10:20:29 PM »
I've noticed a lot of you guys have that offical aussie seal of approval in your avatar. I was wondering why you've used the non Australian seal as the template to type Aussie over. I mean our seal is a round one.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2003, 11:16:46 PM »
*Infernal tries to navigate to new Aussie thread, and gets a suitcase in the face*
"Drive, throw stuff, switch!"

Wow, new thread! *KICKS FIRST POST OFF WITH A COPY OF KICK OFF FROM THE NES*
K-Mart sale, startin' Saturday.

GameCube games, $39
- Rayman 3
- Speed Kings
- Star Fox Adventures
- Mario Sunshine
- Hot Wheels
- SX Superstar
- Luigi's Mansion
- Pikmin
- Super Smash Bros.

DragonBall Z GC = $59.95

New release GBA games, $59
- Mario & Luigi
- Mario Advance 4
- Pokemon Pinball
- Final Fantasy Craptricks
- Donkey Kong Country
- And some other crap

Hurray =O

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2003, 12:06:56 AM »
awwwwww, there goes the aussie thread, our first true home .

Oh well, time to move on, thanks Bloodworth, i guess, for starting a new one and also for making it a sticky.

Damn those are some good bargains Infernal! Well, not really, but they're pretty good! I might have to get Mario and Luigi, SMA4 and/or Pokemon Pinball and Donkey Kong Country on Saturday. Yay! *probably wont buy anything *

Im starting to see more game commercials here, ive seen ads for Backyard Wrestling, XIII, Prince of Persia, the Mario Kart one, that PS2 ad with all the people and others... that i forgot. The absence of GBA advertising anywhere is worrying me a bit, hopefully there will be some Mario and Luigi ads though.

The backyard wrestling commericial is so sad, its shows all these 'super cool' moves and claims its "as interactive as Tony Hawks Pro Skater", whatever THAT means. Also shows the pathetic graphics, and claims them to be "Stunning!", and shows playboy and/or maxim magazine or whatever giving it a whopping THREE STARS, as if that's supposed to impress people, heh. Then it shows PS2 and Xbox logo's then some retard screams out "rated M for MATUUURREEEE. Ive only seen that one on MTV, but it's on heaps.

The commercial for XIII makes the game look really good, has impressive footage from the game, and actually shows the GameCube logo, and its the first and biggest logo they show, yay! Saw that on channel... 7 i think it was. Also Prince of Persia PS2 ad is on heaps, and it looks really good, goddamit i want the GC version, i wish it was out here, oh well i'll get it next year. Love that Mario Kart commercial (yes we got the same one as the US did, but with slightly different gameplay footage and voice over), but i need to see it more, come on Nintendo Australia, actually spend that money! Oh, and that PS2 ad is wierd, with all the people... and the tower of people... and... it scares me. It doesnt even show any games, or even the console, oh well its cool i guess, meh. At least it's not as bad as the Jak II commercial... which scared me deep inside. *curls into a ball*

Oh yeah, how could i forget about the XBOX MALL TOURS -__-. I swear if i hear about them one more time im going to... register my disgust on the internet. Xbox is a huge sponser of MTV, and they do lots of Xbox promoting and show clips of losers pretending to have fun playing Top Spin or Project Gotham Racing 2 like every five minutes. Oh yeah and im getting an Xbox sometime between now and christmas.

RABicle: Yeah, i would have used the fully round one if i could find it anywhere, believe me i searched, but couldnt find one big and clear enough to be worthy of our avatars. Find me a decent sized aussie round one and i'll change it.  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2003, 01:02:29 AM »
I'm actually pretty pissed off that Mario's getting an Xbox.

I know I know, it's his choice to make, and the fact that he's getting it for free is more of an incentive to have one, but hey, Mario owning an Xbox is kinda funny ain't it?
You can just scratch your heads and wonder why the hell I'm saying this in the first place, Mario most of all, it's just that now, Mario is the first person I know who has an XBox. Not one of my friends has an Xbox (they all have PS2s), so I find it kind of weird.
The thing about Xbox is that I just hate it. There, I've said it. As much as I like to remain as unbiased as possible when it comes to other consoles, I just can't muster up the same will power to bottle my hatred of MS and the XBox (N-Gage comes second). It's only a small part to do with Rare, but it's more to do with Bill Gates and MS. I know the same can be said about us and our 'worshipping' of Shigeru Miyamoto, but the sight of people worshipping Bill cause he and his minions invented an easy-to-use-but-not-really-stable operating system is just a bit out there. And just view this video to see what i mean. It's not Bill Gates, but you'll get the drift.
www.angelfire.com/games3/superspam007/MonkeyBoy.htm

We love Shigsy cause he created characters and worlds that have captured our imaginations and hearts. He's like the Walt Disney, or Steven Speilberg, or George Lucas of games.

When asked about all three consoles, the best I can do is just say that each one has it's good points and bad points, but that I would prefer Nintendo's console.
My point is that I can only really come off as a NIntendo purist. It drives me mad that I can't seem to ever get comforable mentioning PS2 and XBox in the same light as NIntendo, cause it only seems to give people more of a reason to piss me off.
If it continues, I'll just have to vent my anger on someone. I've been more and more tempted to actually beat the living crap out of one guy who only EVER says to me that Xbox was the greatest and Nintendo sucked ass. It haunts me to no end. It's like they will never stop until they 'convert' me to the cool side. Hurting someone seems to be the only answer.
The next best thing is F-Zero X's Death Race .

I am only happy when playing games on a Nintendo system, because even though the games come far and few, I know that I'll enjoy them, and more so simply cause they're on a Nintendo.
The only time I'll buy another company's system is if Nintendo go third party, and abandon console making forever. And judging by recent announcements, that seems pretty much unlikely, and that makes me an evern more happy man.

Call me a stubborn bitch if you want.
I don't give a flyin' f**k.
That's why I'm ranting about it in a NIntendo forum, and not somewhere else.
I'm posting it in this thread cause it was promted by Mario buying an Xbox.
So Mario, you are still a Nintendo freak to me, Xbox or not. It's a shame that a couple of 'good games' and Rare's name has finally managed to suck you in. Just don't bring it to any multiplayer nights, if we have any, because you know I damage it in some way. And there's no tongue face, because i am actually dead serious about that.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline cheers69

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2003, 01:10:52 AM »
Does any1 know if RARE are actually still alive over @ MS?
currently playing: Mario Kart DD(LAN-Warp-Pipe)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2003, 01:43:19 AM »
Dont worry if he takes it round to your place. A friend of mine ounce brought his over (he needed a suitcase, cos he brought 4 controllers as well) and when he plugged it in I immediatly put the Gamecube on top of it and said "I like the cube's new stand"
he the commented on liking the Xbox's new hat but oh well.
Still that Steve ballmer stuff should be enough to scare anyone from Microsoft, he's the companies vice president. He's a very influeential man, if you look around the web you might find a movie of him getting a whole crowd to chant "Developers, developers, developers, developers" with him. It was those skills that made M$ send him to Australia when Telstra announced plans to replace he OS on ALL their computers to Sun OS, because the didn't like the XP licencing agreement. Really though, he is a lunatic. Play that movie in double speed, the audience sound like squealing pigs (really, they do)
Anyway yeah, for those who are interested this is my list of Nintendo games I need to catch up on and buy.
F-Zero GX
Mario Kart
Skies of Arcadia
Final Fantasy Tactics
Mario and Luigi
Viewtiful Joe
Soul Caliber 2
Prince of Persia
Animal Crossing

I need a job.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2003, 02:43:16 AM »
I can get you a job selling obscurities to certain individuals in South America. Gimme a call if you want to hear more.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing. Where can I fill out an application for Aussie acceptance? My resume is at least one line of text when the font size>90. I um... my teacher is from Australia and um...I know how to use fair dinkum in a sentence because of her....and I'm posting in the Aussie thread...so...bye.

*steals Aussie seal of approval avatar flashy thing from thePerm*
Too bad it doesnt matter how many *'s I put in there. I still won't be accepted by the Aussies. My teacher hates me. Or at least I think she does. It's weird 'cause she's the nicest person I've ever met.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2003, 03:20:12 AM »
Cheers: Rare are still at work on Kameo. Apparently its quite improved, not just visually, and this is one of the reasons Mario is 'defecting'. And they did Conkers 'I Never Saw That Coming' BFD + Live something or other. So yes, they are alive. Just very quiet, which is what they have done in the past.

Rabicle:
F-Zero GX - OMG you HAVE to see this in motion. Playing this game is amazing. Amazingly hard too!
Mario Kart - another definite. Single player does wear thin, but multi makes this a keeper!
Skies of Arcadia - can't comment - haven't been able to find one *reaches for PIACs copy, realises his arm isn't 1500km long*
Final Fantasy Tactics - not real happy with this one. Got boring and confusing very fast. Is now collecting dust.
Viewtiful Joe - YES! This game is so cheesy that you could throw it on a pizza by itself. And its fun and challeging too. Get it!
Soul Caliber 2 - I have this one, but I was never a fighting game fan. If you are, you'll love it. If not, *shrug*
Prince of Persia - If this game is as good as the hype surrounding it, I'll get it.
Animal Crossing - Haven't got this one - I don't have much time to throw at this game at the moment.

Termin8: Who said violence doesn't solve anything? Not me!

Mario: If distance wasn't a problem, I'd be over there SO FAST to slap some sense into you!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2003, 07:28:31 AM »
oww allright, i guess i will post here

i've talked mum into buying me Mario and Luigi for christmas and Starfox Adventures, thanks Shifty and Infernal for the tips about KMart and Big W (i can get a further 5% discount at Big W ) and that means i won't drop the games i'm currently playing (or half playing *points to most GCN titles*) but it does put my getting of a PS2 for christmas somewhat in doubt, but that's okay i'm not in that much of a rush to get one....... or am i...

speaking of PS2 related shenanigans is the futurama game any good does anyone know? even if it's medicore I'll still end up getting it, i <3 futurama ^_^, also read this description of FFX by Big W's website

Final Fantasy X Platinum Edition
If Final Fantasy X has an overriding key theme, then it has to be water. From the lead character's name (Tidus) to the nature of the world-threatening enemy (a huge demon-whale known as Sin), FFX takes every opportunity to bombard you with sub-aqua shenanigans

Rating: G8+

sub-aqua shenanigans? that has got to be the funniest description i've ever heard, makes FFX seem like a comedy game ^_^

oh yeah, don't worry about Mario getting an xbawx, it's free i would take one if it was free also, free = good.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2003, 12:49:52 PM »
So Mario is getting a Xbox.  That just sounds weird.  But anyways, what games are you gonna be getting?  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2003, 12:57:14 PM »
;____;
I think he's getting the Beast Pack, which has Midtown Madness 3 and some other game i forget. Let's not forget Rare's games, so Grabbed by the Ghoulies is one, i think.

Offline cheers69

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2003, 01:36:57 PM »
I will sadly miss conkers on Nintendo consoles but I heard alot of RARE employees have left anyway.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2003, 01:39:02 PM »
The only thing I really miss is Banjo-Kazooie...Other than that, I could live without the others...(though I'm still getting them, since I have a Box...)

*#1 Banjo-Kazooie fan!*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline cheers69

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2003, 01:45:04 PM »
If they bring out PD ZERO i would buy an xbrick.

Does anyone know when POP is out in Australia on Cube?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2003, 01:47:35 PM »
nope, not yet.
Sony have the dastard time-exclusivity for the PAL regions remember?
Now people will think this game is only on PS2, and people will buy PS2s for this game, cause Sony even released a POP PS2 pack! HOw sh*tty is that!
I'll bet you anything that when it comes out for GC and Xbox, no one will buy it, cause no one knew that it would come out cause they all would have it on PS2 already.
;____;

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2003, 02:51:28 PM »
Of course no one will buy PoP on GameCube and Xbox. Seeing as the game is utter rubbish.
Oh wait.. People will buy it on Xbox, then. Anything to tide over the wait for Halo 2. Reminds me of the Nintendo 64 days when I'd buy crap games during the dry spells between Rare/Nintendo games. C'mon... Perfect.. Dark... Only ... Four.. Months.. To.. Go. *Buys Dark Rift*

As for the whole Mario and Xbox thing. I don't care, it's his choice. CHOICES ARE GOOD! Besides, Midtown Madness 3 makes that entire pack worth it. If I had an extra $350 laying around (BWA HA HA HA.. But at the same time.. ), I'd get it. Seems all the good games I got pissed off waiting for got released right after I sold my Xbox last year (Morrowind, Panzer Dragoon.. And stuff) -_-

Hey PIAC, you know.. You just made me question myself.. Why on Earth haven't I hired out Futurama? O_o
I have the demo, and it's generally a very funny game. The demo level had Fry running around the Sewers in search.. Of.. Something, blasting crap and yelling out hilarious one-liners. I want the game, but I don't really want to pay $100 for it. Apparently it's not a very long game, but the hilarity should make up for it.

Offline cheers69

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2003, 03:42:29 PM »
Infernal are u actually serious saying POP is crap?

You have to be joking

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2003, 04:02:07 PM »
Geez, it's not that big of a deal, im getting an xbox, hurray. Teh end. Honestly, the main reason im getting it, is because my dad wants it, so he can watch DVDs, since my PS2s insane DVD reading ability was cut short. Lets see, if i get the Beast pack then i will have Midtown Madness 3 and Brute Force.. im not sure if i want those games or not, but hey, its a good deal! I might not even get any games for it straight away, but i definately am renting Halo, to see what all the fuss is about. And i want GBTG too, and future Rare games, of course. Oh, and Panzer Dragoon Orta! I'd get that! Oh, and Top Spin! Yay! I still love Nintendo the most though

And i will be getting Prince of Persia on GameCube, when the Cube version comes out, which is either December 5 here, or sometime next year. And I really really want it, it looks so AWESOME!

Offline cheers69

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2003, 04:05:57 PM »
I'd buy POP on XBOX if I had one because it runs at 60fps and the sound quality is much better. Who in this forum has played Mario Kart on LAN?

Game of the month on IGN

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2003, 05:04:24 PM »

Originally posted by: cheers69
Infernal are u actually serious saying POP is crap?

You have to be joking
I agree with him...I have always hated PoP with a passion...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2003, 06:46:42 PM »
If I hear Mario picking up Halo for cheap, then its a problem

As for different versions of POP, the differences are very slight. Sure, the XBOX version may look better, but it is because the platform is more PC-developer friendly, with some more grunt. The GC version could have been up to that same standard if they put in more effort, but I guess with three simultaneous versions being developed at once, they weren't going to be the same.

According to IGN, the GBA/GCN link has a couple of bonuses, particularly unlocking the original POP and some health bonus dealy. And the XBOX version has POP2 to unlock. *gets weighing scales out for some reason*

But my choice is already made. Go the Cube!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2003, 06:51:45 PM »
PoP was fun, PoP two i played for all of 4 seconds in a store one day PoPSoT seems like a steamy load to me, and err yeah, pizza is good.

oh yeah, that's something i totally forgot about, i can rent PS2 games now i might even rent futurama and then buy it, i don't care how short it is, if it's funny even in the slightest it's mine , oh yeah the exclusive TV episode on it, i wantee watchee

cheers: nah haven't played mkdd via LAN or WP yet, i'll order the BBA this thursday, i'm eager for some tunneling action

Offline cheers69

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »
What state u live in PIAC?  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2003, 11:02:48 PM »
sunny queensland, home of 80% of australia's morons , i used to live in newcastle, for most of my life but mum and dad decided it would be fun to move here -__- to no friends, IT'S DELICIOUS!