Author Topic: Smashterpieces Podcast Episode 27: Pokémon Snap  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Grimace the Minace

• Matt Zawodniak
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Smashterpieces Podcast Episode 27: Pokémon Snap
« on: July 06, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »

You were close!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/54279/smashterpieces-podcast-episode-27-pokemon-snap

Pull out your camera, grab a handful of apples, and tune up your poke flute, we’re going on a safari! We’ve finally hit our first trip into the biggest media franchise in existence, even if it happens to be through a spinoff game. Presented by Anonymous Dinosaur and Nintendo World Report, this is Smashterpieces - a casual walk through the history of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roster. On this show, hosts Joe DeVader and Matt Zawodniak are playing one game for every fighter in the newest Super Smash Bros. game, from 1984's Duck Hunt to 2019's Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Each game will be live-streamed by both of us, and then we'll convene to talk about it on the podcast.

It’s time for Smashterpiece #27: Pokemon Snap, a strange little rail shooter where your only real goal is to get the best shot (or a lot of times any shot at all). What do our hosts remember about growing up during the height of Pokemania? Why is this such a bizarre game and where did it even come from? How do they feel about having summoned a sequel after 20 years through their words alone? All that and more in today’s episode!

Join us next time when we collect… a lot… of things in Smashterpiece #28: Donkey Kong 64

You can find previous episodes at Anonymous Dinosaur's website!

Our list of games can be found here!

You can watch Matt stream here!

Joe will be streaming Donkey Kong 64 on the NWR Twitch channel!

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Smashterpieces Podcast Episode 27: Pokémon Snap
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 12:20:09 PM »
Like many, I have a lot of fun memories playing this as a kid. I think it is surprisingly still playable, and enjoyable despite its age and limitations. I also think, it and Paper Mario may have had kiosks in some locations? I want to say McDonalds, and I am pretty sure they had one at a hospital in my area many years ago. I remember struggling to figure out how to snap a picture of Muk, who was the last Pokémon I snapped as a kid, and years later as an adult. That Grimer challenge is tricky!
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com