Author Topic: Young Indiana Jones  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Young Indiana Jones
« on: October 30, 2003, 08:59:12 PM »
I almost considered bringing back the "Help out a Ninja" thread to ask this, but I remembered all the responses I got last time I did that, so I am just abandoning that whole idea and starting an entirely new thread.

I finally finished watching the Indiana Jones DVDs between games of SSX 3, and I have more appetite for Young Indy than ever before.  So, I am just wondering if anyone can hook me up with Young Indy via any means at all.  I never had the chance to watch it when it was on TV, and I really want to see it now more than ever.

Hitotsume no kotoba wa yume nemudi no nakakara....  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Young Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 12:53:10 AM »
Are you talking about the ones with Sean Patrick Flannery as Indy?

If so, I can't help you.

I've seen four of them:
Treaure of the Peacock's Eye
Daredevils of the Desert
Phantom Train of Doom
Spring Break Adventure

They were OK. I'm reading the reviews now and they're all giving 100% ratings for them. I don't know, I just remember that I didn't enjoy them as much.
I mean, when I watched one of them, I just remember that there wasn't as much tension. And at the end, the resolution just wasn't satisfying enough to make it a good movie.
Oh well. I'll give them a rent again and see how I fare this time.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
RE:Young Indiana Jones
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 06:33:14 AM »
Ninja, i used to watch that show.  I think i watched about 10 episodes, and to tell you the truth, i really didnt care for them.  At the time, i was about 18-19 years old, and i wanted the classic indiana jones i loved.  All i remember is not liking it, couldnt tell you specifics.  My cousin has some of the vhs tapes on the series, maybe i'll give them a try again.  My expectations may have changed a bit since then, and often when i go back and watch a movie or show that i had previously dismissed, i end up enjoying it.  So this review has done nothing for you, has it?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 08:03:21 AM »
I remember seeing a little bit of them when I was a kid. It's reallly just not the same without Harrison Ford behind the whip.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 09:01:17 AM »
lol.  You guys realize of course that all this talk is falling on deaf ears right?  I ain't deciding it sucks until I see it for myself.  I loved the Young Indy sequence in "The Last Crusade" with River Phoenix, and I know that the TV Show was probably a lot worse, but whatever.  I still want to see them.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 11:33:28 AM »
I know they were released on DVD a while back. I have no clue if it's still available. I looked around at a couple of sites and couldn't find anything.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!