Author Topic: Can Anyone Help Me?  (Read 2350 times)

Offline ace03

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Can Anyone Help Me?
« on: September 27, 2003, 09:29:07 AM »
My Gamecube broke, but not all of it. Its not working great but i can still save. The biggest problem is that the first 2 sockets are broke, so i can not put controllers into the first 2.  The problem is that most games require you to have a controller in the first socket, so if you know of any games that you can play with only being able to use socket 3 and 4, i would appreciate it if you could tell me.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
RE: Can Anyone Help Me?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 09:56:48 AM »
Super Monkey Ball
Super Smash Bros.
That's all I can think of for the moment but I remeber for a long time I had the wavebird plugged into control 3 cos I couldn't be stuffed moving it.

How did you break the controller ports?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ace03

• View Profile
RE:Can Anyone Help Me?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 10:22:26 AM »
Are you saying if you use the wavebird you can play using controller socket 3?  I accidently got my foot caught in the wires and the gamecube fell down and i havent been able to use 1 and 2 since and its been about a year.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 03:00:08 PM »
He's saying that for those two games, you can have ANY controller pluged into slot 3 and still use it perfectly.  He was just too darn lazy to get up and switch it himself.

*doesn't get up to switch it himself*

can't blame him....
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 03:05:59 PM »
Check to see if your Gamecube is still covered by the warranty. If so, Nintendo will most likely give you a brand spankin' new system. If it's not still covered, Nintendo will still probably help you out some way. They've got some of the best customer service on Earth.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ace03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 06:24:48 PM »
The sytem was bought about 2 years ago so its not under warranty anymore.  If I just wanted to get it fixed would I need a reciept? Does it caust less than it would to by it to get it fixed?  Any solutions or any help would be great.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 08:47:24 PM »
Broken ports can't be that expensive to replace. Contactthe customer service, I think they'll fill you in with the details...

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2003, 01:15:31 AM »
Get yourself a hammer, and crack into the top of the GameCube. This will SOMEHOW make the front controller panel bit fall out*. Then you'll need a duck, some corn chips, and a large cooking pot. Flip the panel UPSIDE DOWN, and port four will turn into port ONE, LIKE MAGIC! *Eats more strange glowing goo found in spooky abandoned ghost house*

*No it won't.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2003, 08:22:40 PM »
Isn't it strange that my SNES, N64 and Gameboy Pocket are still covered by warrenty but my cube and GBA arn't?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2003, 08:29:41 PM »
Well yeah, SNES/N64 were invincible. You could throw those bastards into an oncoming car and it'll still work (maybe). They had the lifetime warrenty because of that. GameCube is much more fragile, and will die out alot sooner than the 'Hit by car' cartridge based systems. People will demand new ones more often.

"LITTLE TIMMY DID A WEE WEE ON HIS SONY GAMINGCUBE, NINTENDO. WE WOULD LIKE A NEW ONE. NOW."
*Repeat every 4 weeks*

As for GBA... Erm... I have no idea.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2003, 08:31:31 PM »

Originally posted by: RABicle
Isn't it strange that my SNES, N64 and Gameboy Pocket are still covered by warrenty but my cube and GBA arn't?

Next-gen consoles are made by aliens, and next-gen manufacturers can't be responsible for alien products for over a year.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2003, 10:10:52 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Well yeah, SNES/N64 were invincible. You could throw those bastards into an oncoming car and it'll still work (maybe). They had the lifetime warrenty because of that. GameCube is much more fragile, and will die out alot sooner than the 'Hit by car' cartridge based systems.

You sure about that ?  The video of a guy dragging a cube behind his car on street and a little off road and then it still working comes to mind.  That for sure wouldn't be the case with PS2 or Xbox.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.