Author Topic: some things to spice things up  (Read 1577 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
some things to spice things up
« on: September 21, 2003, 08:55:06 PM »
Pgc has alot of great stuff like interviews and some editorials...however i  wish there was even more editorials. I love them. I know they are some hard work and you do a great job....but im begining to read the front page less and less often. For some reason i seem to remember alot more editorials in the olden days....oh well maybe im imagining things. Keep up the good work and stuff.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:some things to spice things up
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 09:09:56 PM »
The thing about editorials is that they are usually reactionary...so the best ones only come out when there's something to talk about.  And right now, there aren't a lot of surprises or big news items coming out worth writing a whole article about.  If you read our mailbags (which also aren't frequent enough, but they're more common than editorials), you'll find mini-editorials on all kinds of smaller issues.

When GameCube was first announced up until the first year or so of its lifespan, there were tons of things to editorialize on, while other kinds of content (such as reviews) couldn't take up much of the limelight.  Now it's the opposite; plenty of games to write about, not so many issues to rant on or investigate.  That process will reverse itself again as the new systems begin to be unveiled next year.  So just sit tight!

And in the meantime, I'll try to think extra hard about things to write about.  ;-)
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 09:21:33 PM »
How about considering something completely unique, like a weekly audio show among a few staffers that goes over the news of the week and talks about different things? It doesn't have to be streamed live, and it wouldn't be hard to pull off with regular phones and some software.  
"wow."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »
penny arcade does a nice bit of text every few days,...but their not limited to just gamecube though....its alot harder to come up with material if your so limited...
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post