Author Topic: Game Of Thrones -Spoiler Thread- Be Caught Up  (Read 17642 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Game Of Thrones -Spoiler Thread- Be Caught Up
« on: April 14, 2019, 11:36:47 PM »
Game of Thrones

I don't know what John was more shocked about.. riding a dragon or that he fucked his aunt
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:37:59 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Game Of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 11:55:47 PM »
Game of Thrones

I don't know what John was more shocked about.. riding a dragon or that he fucked his aunt

Imagine what Daenerys is gonna be shocked about.....
that she fucked and fell in love with her nephew, or that she isn't even heir to the Thone.... yet.
Mother of Dragons, Layer of Nephew.... (who is) rightful heir to the Throne of the 7 Kingdoms.

But I'll just assume they end up married anyway, and therefore problem solved.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:59 AM »
Spoiler..... They're Targarians

If we've learned anything from Game of Thrones is don't put too much faith in good things happening.

I would say she's pregnant and Jon is going to die again, but didn't she turn infertile. Then again does it matter with Targarian Jesus sperm?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:38:17 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:46:43 AM »
Why is everything in spoiler tags? Everyone had nearly two full years to catch up, if you haven't by now, you deserve to see spoilers. Anyway, pretty great season opener last night. I wonder how the real Stark children are going to handle their brother not being their brother.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »
i know... he is instead their cousin.

but when Jon Snow [insert actual name... A?? Targareyan] has to look at Daenerys and say
::cues up best Killmonger impression:: "Hey Auntie!!", that's gonna be a pivotal moment for her to decide is her crown more important than love, or is she willing to share the throne w/ her nephew and pop out a babies that aren't dragons

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 04:11:29 PM »
In the books they were teasing her restored fertility because she began to "bleed" again. As much as I would like them to happily rule together, I think she will die in childbirth, mirroring how Jon's mother died giving birth to him.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 06:35:31 PM »
My prediction: she's gonna kill him.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:33:08 PM »
In the books they were teasing her restored fertility because she began to "bleed" again. As much as I would like them to happily rule together, I think she will die in childbirth, mirroring how Jon's mother died giving birth to him.

This seems perfect.  Those 2 characters are obviously fan favorites, and back in the day as gross as incest is, it was more common and health risks were not well known.  So then having them seem to have a perfect end with a King and Queen ruling to just take it from the audience seems like a perfect dramatic element. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:42:10 PM »
The incest thing was partially debunked by science a while back. Yes, siblings is still a no-go, but first cousins pose  no additional risk for genetic deformities assuming the parents are not inbreeding as well. Still socially weird, but not guaranteed to have the adverse health risks.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
2 generations of cousin incest equals one generation of bro sister incest. Banging aunts not a great idea.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain#/media/File%3AJuan_de_Miranda_Carreno_002.jpg
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:58:02 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 11:00:07 PM »
Huh, guess that was outdated info I learned.

Geeze, between this show and Fire Emblem, I wouldn't be surprised if incest became more normalized in the future. Bleh.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 12:47:25 AM »
Pretty bad. You would think 1/8 was bad on its own, but also factor in everyone everyone had some sort of incest in their family lineage. That number goes up from 1/8th.  Also factor in that human beings come from a series of genetic bottlenecks. Your best bet is if your grandparents were distantly related. Like if your grandparents had completely distant ethnicities then you could probably get away with it for a long time. The further the better. The Targaryans are already inbred to begin with. They're going to have a mutant baby.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:52:54 AM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 01:54:00 AM »
Next week on GAME OF THRONES.........

ENDGAME

The Night King marches on Winterfell, and even though Daenery's and Aargon Targareon are conflicted of personal feelings, personal relationships and a possible joint claim to the Iron Throne, it's all interrupted when THANOS appears in the middle of the battleground, bearing the full Infinity Guantlet in all it's glory.

Fire and Ice from dragons on both sides come at him, along with arrows and spears. It is all pointless, as Thanos snaps his fingers, and moments later, people from both sides... including Kings Landing and everywhere else begin to fade to dust....

credits roll.

...Who shall Avenge the fallen?

~or~

Thanos is the Night King, leading his army to invade Winterfell, the land of the Starks and all their suits of Iron.

on a serious note though, I have questions..... (too many details to remember, and I've never done a rewatch)

Did Jaime Lannister lose his hand saving Lady Brienne?
If Auntie and Nephew were really in love... would they really need to fight over who claims the Iron Throne, when they would likely share it still anyway?
What happened to the Red Lady? I remember her revealing her true naked self :puke: but don't remember what happened after that....  (they could probably use some of her Lord of Light magic or whatever she was doing)
Are all the wolves dead? all the Starks had a large wolf... did they all get killed?
Where are the dragons.....? You would think they would want to keep them close, considering what happened to the last dragon :/

Oh, and the show is beyond what was written in the books at this point right?
So absolutely no one has any idea where the story goes from the last book which I think was finished mostly in the last season or the one before that.... right?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:54:14 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 10:25:49 AM »
Did Jaime Lannister lose his hand saving Lady Brienne?
Yes and no. Locke was going to rape Brienne of Tarth then have his men “finish her off” implying both more rape then murder because anyone associated with House Bolton is just the fucking worst. Jaime talks Locke out of it by lying about Tarth being known as the “Sapphire Isle” and that Selwyn Tarth would reward Locke if his daughter is returned “unbesmirched” (i.e. totally not-raped). Locke seemingly believes this then Jaime attempts to barter his own release by mentioning the wealth of the Lannisters. Locke is unmoved, threatens to stab Jaime in the eye before chopping off his hand.

It’s up to your interpretation. Would Jaime have lost his hand if he shut up about his father’s wealth? Was Locke just no longer in a rapey mood after dismembering Jaime?
If Auntie and Nephew were really in love... would they really need to fight over who claims the Iron Throne, when they would likely share it still anyway?
Yes and no. Jon didn’t even want to be King of the North, only reluctantly accepting the title as a sense of duty (i.e. to save the Northerners from zombies) so he definitely doesn’t care about any claim to the Iron Throne. Before Sam info-bombed his birthright, Jon’s sullen, sad-sack self seemed content with merely becoming figurehead king via marriage while deferring to Daenerys on all ruling matters because he’s all sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g etc. etc with her, and he doesn’t care about politics. Jon already bent the knee to Daenerys so that isn’t even the problem.

The implication of Jon’s conflict is that he now knows he fucked his aunt and even once he abdicates his claim to the throne, he doesn’t know if Daenerys can ever really accept it. She believed ruling the Seven Kingdoms was her destiny and spent six agonizing seasons boring everyone to prepare for it, and now she learns she has no rightful claim to the throne. After everything she’s been through (e.g. sold, raped, countless assassination attempts etc.) and what she still has to go through (e.g. kill zombies, Cersei and the Golden Company), she would only get the throne because her nephew and lover gave it to her. In a way, it almost trivializes her personal journey.

Ultimately, the way I see it, the question isn’t really who has claim to the throne. Rather, it’s whether they can still love each other due to both the internal and external conflict of incest as well as the more visceral, psychological complications of what they both have to sacrifice and accept about their very unique situation.
What happened to the Red Lady?
Melisandre was on Dragonstone last season when Jon arrived to ask Daenerys for help. She told Varys that her work is done because she brought Jon and Daenerys together (for war, not banging purposes). Varys seemed relieved that Melisandre was returning to Volantis and advised her not to return to Westeros, but she says it’s her fate to die in Westeros then kind of fucks off for the rest of the season. Expect her to show up in the last four episodes to tie up that hanging plot thread because this isn’t Lost and the writers have been resolving loose ends all over the final seasons.
Are all the wolves dead? all the Starks had a large wolf... did they all get killed?
Ghost (Jon’s direwolf) is alive and briefly shown in last night’s episode. Nymeria (Arya’s direwolf) is also alive and leading a pack of wolves. Arya sent Nymeria away in the first season after she bit Joffrey. Nymeria made a very special appearance last season to tie up that loose end for reasons.
Where are the dragons.....?
Both currently suffering from off-screen-for-budgetary-reasons.
Oh, and the show is beyond what was written in the books at this point right?
Yes.
So absolutely no one has any idea where the story goes from the last book which I think was finished mostly in the last season or the one before that.... right?
Depends on who you’re referring to. Fans? No. Showrunners? Yes and no? George R. R. Martin gave the showrunners, David Benioff and Dan Weiss, some plot points including his planned ending, or at least what it was back when he actually told them a few years ago. This allowed the showrunners to set the chessboard and put certain characters in a similar place. Martin could just as easily drastically change things for the last two books if he ever gets around to finishing them, and Benioff and Weiss could have done the same in the show. They aren’t beyond changing events from the books. For example, they never resurrected Catelyn Stark.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 10:42:02 AM »
So the "crypts are safe"...meaning the crypts most definitely are not safe. Either it is a trap or sorts (dig underneath?) or the Stark dead come to life. Would be awesome if they rise thanks to Bran or something and fight to defend Winterfell.

Also, Night King is not there with his undead dragon. I'm of the opinion that he circumnavigated Winterfell and is heading straight to Kings Landing. He'll take Cersei's shiny new golden army and use that horde to come up from the south.

My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 11:14:29 AM »
@Adrock - thanks for the responses.

1 - I had a feeling it was a half truth about Jaime's hand.
the way they kept looking at each other, I knew that that wasn't exactly what went down.

2 - I figured they would be conflicted over their um... close personal and familial relations. But i figured their "love" for one another may overcome that conflict and they end up sharing the thone, just as they would have otherwise anyway.

3 - just wanted to make sure she wasn't dead or something. LOL
I figured she still had a role to play somewhere. I do remember that line about her dying in Westeros now that you mentioned it.

4 - I missed the wolf cameo

5 - I figured the Dragons where off screen. They didn't even show the White Walker Ice Dragon.

So the "crypts are safe"...meaning the crypts most definitely are not safe. Either it is a trap or sorts (dig underneath?) or the Stark dead come to life. Would be awesome if they rise thanks to Bran or something and fight to defend Winterfell.

Also, Night King is not there with his undead dragon. I'm of the opinion that he circumnavigated Winterfell and is heading straight to Kings Landing. He'll take Cersei's shiny new golden army and use that horde to come up from the south.

wouldn't that be quite the situation. LOL
I mean, Winterfell would be totally and completely fucked, but on the otherhand, Cersei would've been totally fucked first. LOL

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »

Not much happened in the episode except...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 07:56:12 PM »
No major deaths yet in S8, so we should get a bracket together or something before next Sunday.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »
****'s going down next week, I think we're gonna lose several favorites. My prediction for down the road: Dany kills Jon, Jaime kills Dany, Cersei (and/or Euron) kills Jaime, Tyrion kills Cersei.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »
If Cersei is in fact pregnant, the baby could kill her and still fulfill Maggie the Frog's prophecy since the child would technically be a sibling as well as a child of her's.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:53:15 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 12:47:34 AM »
So who's gonna sit on the throne????

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 01:23:01 AM »
So who's gonna sit on the throne????

The little girl that wanted to fight, the one protecting the crypts.

Theory I heard is that the Night King might have bypassed Winterfell and went straight to Kings Landing.
Now wouldn't that be some ****. LOL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 01:24:32 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 10:53:28 AM »
It fits with past visions and teasers. Bran had a vision back when he was with the 3-eyed-raven showing the shadow of a dragon flying over kings landing. We've not seen that scene yet. Also, Dany had that vision of Kings Landing with the throne room burnt out and covered in snow.

We also have at least one last WTF moment to come. The directors had sat down with GRRM when it was clear the show would pass the books and Martin laid out the ending and where the main characters would end up. They walked away from that saying there were three real WTF moments. First was revealed to be Hodor = Hold the Door. The second is presumed to be the undead Viserion. Last WTF moment is said to happen at the very end of the show.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »
Soooo... looks like some major theories were incorrect.

Night King is gone, Arya killed him. Though some theories say there may be more to it and we will learn that Bran was doing some crazy warging/time shenanigans to ensure things happened the way they did.

Viserion is destroyed, Drogon and Rhaygal are shown alive in the teaser for #4 as well as Ghost, so he survived somehow. There were a number of deaths, but I'm very surprised at how many of them survived.

Confirmed dead: Jorah, Melisandra, Berric, Edd...expected a lot more. I did not see Missandei in the last shot of the crypt, so that may be a sad twist for Grey Worm.
My Game Collection