Author Topic: Disney bought Fox: Fox Shareholders Agreed to $71B Disney Buyout!!  (Read 65761 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Disney bought Fox: Fox Shareholders Agreed to $71B Disney Buyout!!
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
I've seen Predator 1 & 2, also Alien vs Predator
none of those movies resembled anything that looked like the "far future"

But now I'm hoping to see a Predator hidden in the crowd at the next Universal Congress Meeting (or whatever they call it)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »
Earth exists in Star Wars.  Noa was trying to fix his ship to get back there in the second Ewok movie (co-written by Lucas) - at least, according to some secondary sources. :D

Just bear in mind that the Alien & Predator movies take place in the far future and Star Wars takes place "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away."  ;)

Nothing you cannot fix with a little sci-fi time travel!

Heck, even if they do exist in different universes/dimensions/whatever, it's sci-fi.  One giant glowy sky portal and you have an invasion fleet coming through before Vader can take a breath. :D

"Oh, it looks like the destruction of Alderaan weakened the fabric of space time between our world and another..."

Ten cents says some kind of fan fiction already exists. 🤣🤣🤣
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 24, 2019, 09:17:34 PM »
Earth exists in Star Wars.  Noa was trying to fix his ship to get back there in the second Ewok movie (co-written by Lucas) - at least, according to some secondary sources. :D

Not to mention the fact that the Millennium Falcon was part of the fleet fighting the Borg in Star Trek First Contact. 
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2019, 10:01:15 PM »
Amblin or Universal  owns ET, but ET has shown up in Star Wars
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #355 on: March 24, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »
Alien exists in the future, for sure.  Considering Prometheus is SPOILER ALERT when the Xenomorphs were first born, we could rule out an Alien/SW crossover.  But I don't think the Predator got a proper origin, so maybe they could be in Star Wars.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 25, 2019, 04:15:04 PM »
I would just have small cameos. Like they go into a Cantina and there is a Xenomorph there having a drink.

Though, I would for sure watch a Boba Fett vs Predator movie.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2019, 05:14:41 PM »
New Disney Princesses

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:16:33 PM by ThePerm »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2019, 05:50:37 PM »
“Disney Princess†is not an arbitrary character title; it is a franchise, and the lineup is prestigious. The franchise was created in the early 2000s by Andy Mooney, then the chairman of Disney Consumer Products, mainly to sell merchandise.

They'll be canonized eventually. There will be apotheosis.

I think if weird disturbing alternate reality Pocahontas can become a Disney princess anyone can.

Ripley is the Princess, because she is the heroine that opposes the Evil (Xenomorph) Queen and she has an animal sidekick (Jonesy).
Was an excellent comment. I would totally watch a remake of Alien done Disney style. With singing numbers about how bad it is to be on a freighter.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:59:33 PM by ThePerm »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
Ripley is the Princess, because she is the heroine that opposes the Evil (Xenomorph) Queen and she has an animal sidekick (Jonesy).
Was an excellent comment. I would totally watch a remake of Alien done Disney style. With singing numbers about how bad it is to be on a freighter.

100% want this.

Also, I think Anastasia has a fair shot of being inducted, but still not fully likely.  I kinda wonder if they'll ever do it for Leia, since she's already a part of one of their big brands.

TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2019, 10:11:20 PM »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2019, 11:05:56 PM »

100% want this.

Also, I think Anastasia has a fair shot of being inducted, but still not fully likely.  I kinda wonder if they'll ever do it for Leia, since she's already a part of one of their big brands.

Leia is a de facto princess/senator. So, it isn't a leap. Anastasia is backstory to Black Widow.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 29, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
It won't happen guys. There is a distinct formula to the Disney Princess line. Moana, Elsa, and Anna are not part of this line for reasons. The purpose of the line as quoted previously by Perm, is to sell merchandise. It was conceived when Disney Leadership saw young fans dressing in their own makeshift dresses to see their favorite princesses, so selling the outfit is essential. Other than that, you need to be a female leader (or daughter of a leader) with a cute animal side kick. Ironically, this criteria is laid out in Moana by Maui, but Moana will never be a "Disney Princess" because her outfit is based off of traditional Pacific Islander garb, and they already got in hot water for trying to sell outfits from the movie a a move of 'cultural appropriation' and insensitivity. So they can't add her to the line intended specifically to sell merchandise and dresses.

Elsa and Anna are not part of it because the lineup is already 'white washed' so to speak and they want to diversify the princesses as much as possible to broaden the appeal to all people. And since Anya/Anastasia is also 'white' along with originally being a non-Disney property, it just won't happen.

Leia doesn't have a cute side-kick, and they have also not added any live-action princesses to the group. Also, the risk of kids stumbling upon Bikini Leia may give Disney pause to giving her parity with the Disney Princess lineup.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
"Leia doesn't have a cute side-kick"

"Also, the risk of kids stumbling upon Bikini Leia may give Disney pause to giving her parity with the Disney Princess lineup."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:43:11 PM by ThePerm »