Author Topic: Good Surround Sound Sysytem with Gamecube....  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Nick Ramon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Good Surround Sound Sysytem with Gamecube....
« on: July 26, 2003, 06:58:24 PM »
Does anyone know of a really good but not stupidly expensive ssurround sound system I could buy for my T.V? I've searched for surround sound forums but can't find any. I wanna have good surround sound if I get the panasonic Q. So what brands and systems should I look at?........

Offline Shadow Link

• View Profile
RE:Good Surround Sound Sysytem with Gamecube....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 08:41:45 PM »
I dont know.. Pro Logic II speakers arent usually cheap but I use Logitech Z-680's they are pretty good.

The sites Here

The only problem is they dont come cheap.

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
RE: Good Surround Sound Sysytem with Gamecube....
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 10:42:02 PM »
Nononoo dont buy those speakers, they are HORRIBLE. You want Phillips or Sony. You can find cheap and really good 90-watt bookshelf speakers for $20 at Circuit City. If you cant afford a full surround sound system thats the best way to go.
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?

Offline lakers2943

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 10:44:22 PM »
I dont know what non expensive is to you but I personally went out and got a Sound Blaster sound card for my computer and a set of 5.1 speakers and i just connect the 2 audio outputs from my GC into a Y connector and plug it into my line in spot and it works just fine for me. The sound card and speakers were each $80. I havent looked at just a set of 5.1 speakers for my TV so not sure on pricing there. This is just a thought.  

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2003, 07:52:27 AM »
You can't just go with a set of speakers.  You also need a Dolby ProLogic2 Decoder.  The cheapest PL2 receivers you can find are still some $300 (US).  Great buy though if you can afford it.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St