Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 269320 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2017, 01:00:19 AM »
of course not.... I almost didn't post it at all, but I figured, Hey! DC's got stuff too, so I might as well share, even if it is not exactly the stuff we wanted (unless it's on TV).

Also, I thought Superman died.... Why is he still alive in that top pic? ;D
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2017, 01:56:18 AM »
of course not.... I almost didn't post it at all, but I figured, Hey! DC's got stuff too, so I might as well share, even if it is not exactly the stuff we wanted (unless it's on TV).

because the warmth of the yellow sun in his coffin six feet under the cold cold earth was rejuvenating him slowly....

or The Flashback to the future

or the rest of the Justice League stole that Superman cardboard cutout from the BvS premiere, and took a pic standing around it.

what you didn't know about the second pic, is that those are Hot Toys figurines that Lex is playing with in his room. And that the entire DCCU is his retelling of a fever dream he had last fall when he had pneumonia, and that's why most of it doesn't make any damn sense.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2017, 04:26:33 AM »
Wonder Woman Woes!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rEYHUsEc18&feature=youtu.be&t=6093

:(

Flashpoint to be the new storyline of the Flash solo movie?
might as well schedule The Batman to follow that and kick things off right.

Looks like I might be right after all....

WB ordered a page 1 rewrite of The Flash script.
my guess is a Snyderless reboot, using time travel by The Flash and leading into The Batman, and then Justice League 2
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/joby-harold-the-flash-script-rewrite-1201969977/

You know that would be hilarious if The Flash went back in time and changed the DC Cinematic Universe creating a Flashpoint story that when when he goes back in time everything is better...and instead of being a big problem it is actually a brighter future and Flash is like...yeah, I can live with this.  No regrets.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »

because the warmth of the yellow sun in his coffin six feet under the cold cold earth was rejuvenating him slowly....

or The Flashback to the future

or the rest of the Justice League stole that Superman cardboard cutout from the BvS premiere, and took a pic standing around it.

what you didn't know about the second pic, is that those are Hot Toys figurines that Lex is playing with in his room. And that the entire DCCU is his retelling of a fever dream he had last fall when he had pneumonia, and that's why most of it doesn't make any damn sense.

Sounds like Warner Bros. just found their new DC Movies screenwriter!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:41 AM »
And Mr Affleck is no longer directing The Batman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/808741-ben-affleck-will-no-longer-direct-the-batman#/slide/1

I wonder if that spiel about not being able to do both roles is true, or just PR for Benjamin and WB having a blue but he's hanging around because he's contracually obliged to play the role?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2017, 01:17:50 AM »
I was gonna post this, but got stuck in the TV thread posting a long thought....

But I'm sure Live by Night bombing hard and setting a record for largest theater decline has something to do with the confidence shakeup towards directing, by both Ben and Warner Bros.

Better hope they find a new director sooner than The Flash... although I think at this point, they should just use The Flash solo movie to reboot the whole universe, mostly for the purpose of giving The Flash a better outfit.... oh and to also make sure Snyder never happened.

Actually if the Flash could just run all the way back to MoS and make sure Pa Kent didn't get sucked up in that tornado on purpose, things could be so different.

edit:
THR also cites that Big Ben isn't happy with the script either... could be another reason they are bringing in someone else to direct. Script may also get another coat of gloss on top.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:08:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2017, 06:36:10 AM »
I think Affleck wanted to make a good movie and Warner Bros was against it.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »
I think how much truth is in Ben Affleck's comment about stepping down will show based on how much influence he has over who takes over the director's role.  If it's Snyder, he was fired.  If it's Kevin Smith, you're living in some weird dream, and we need to to wake up now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2017, 12:15:09 AM »
New Justice League pic

Not really feeling Cy-former, but maybe seeing him in action will help?
I'm trying my best to hold all judgement till the film is seen in action, because even though I'm a Marvel man, I loved the Justice League cartoons, and most of the rest of the DC animated cartoons as well.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2017, 12:22:22 PM »
So Wonder Woman with Water Thor and Optimus Sub-prime. Looks dumb. I bet the WW movie will be good, but there's no way this can be.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:40 AM »
The Batman script in worse shape than we thought?
Not only is Batfleck not gonna direct, but WB is now bringing in a whole new creative team w/ a New director, which may involve another rewrite, if not flat out brand new script....!?
http://screenrant.com/batman-new-script-director/

Should we pencil this one in for 2019 now?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2017, 09:38:51 AM »
Batfleck had so much potential.  Affleck should've just called in Kevin Smith from the beginning.

Multiple script rewrites is almost always bad.  This is how you end up with plots that go nowhere and inconsistencies.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »
Cyborg's arm "cannon" is laughably puny.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
Can DC just do a Static movie? They don't have to do much but have a couple allusions to the rest of the DC universe. I think Static could be DC's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
They could probably do a Teen Titans that's similar to GotG.  I rather like the first part of the New 52 run of that series and think it offers a good premise for a film.

But I would love to see a Static Shock film.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »
Cyborg's arm "cannon" is laughably puny.

Awww, man! Samus is a man? I'm getting so sick of companies changing a character's gender to promote more equal representation.  >:(

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2017, 07:31:42 PM »
Cyborg was always a poorly designed character.  The look is just all wrong.  Even the original design just doesn't feel right.  The only version I kinda like is the Teen Titans cartoon version which simplified the design and also focused more on the cyborg parts and less on the human...making him look almost more like a robot. 

This version is just too busy.  Just like the Flash costume, the details kill the design and make him an eye sore.  This seems to be a problem in almost all the designs of the Justice League.  The only costumes I like are Batman and Wonder Woman.  Superman's could be good if they just brightened it up.  But Cyborg and The Flash are terrible, terrible designs.  The TV show Flash Costume is not perfect, but it seems functional and accurate to the comic. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »
Teen Titans Origin/Teen Titans Judas Project/Young Justice movie 

Simple series that could work.  Betrayal in Young Justice movie could set up for a New Titans team.  Honestly though, W.B. should just make the Justice League Animated Series/Original Teen Titans Show/Young Justice cannon and then work on making the movie universe as fun and good as that series.

Or just literally steal the scripts from those animated shows and make live action versions of the best stories.  I mean look at the material there and tell me you couldn't make a great series out of it.  The Cademus season could be condensed to be a 3 part series. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »
****. I'm worried if he just wants off the sinking ship.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »
Dang. WB is like DC Comics are after Dan Didio took over

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2017, 11:41:43 PM »
Rumors out right now is that the assembly cut of Justice League is currently at 3h:45m, plot is a mess, Batman got jokes, and The Flash ain't funny.

take all this as you will, including the Batfleck bailing on the suit, but just don't shoot the messenger.

there were also rumors that WW also wasn't all that good. It wasn't a final cut, but all filming is done... so I don't know... Not sure what to feel about DCCU going forward.

MoS was cool (certainly not w/o it's flaws tho), BvS was fucking garbage (and no I didn't watch the UC), and SS was more entertaining, but still a mess (Joker was terrible).

edit: for the record, I don't want DCCU to fail, I just want it to be good, like the cartoons were, like the Marvel movies are.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:28:09 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2017, 04:37:11 AM »
Damnit Snyder, make a movie movie length. When they cut this movie to nothing, it's not going to make any sense. It's because he films the entire movie on a green screen.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »
Wasn't Justice League supposed to be a 2-parter or did that get changed at some point?

Honestly, there is just so much studio interference going on with the DC stuff that I think it is the biggest problem with the movies not being successful. I get it because The Dark Knight showed the profits that could be reaped when done right with this property and Marvel has further expanded on that money making potential but WB just seems to be tripping all over themselves in how they make these movies because of the high stakes in cost and potential profits. The Arrowverse isn't perfect but it's been pretty acceptable for most fans. There are 4 series putting out about 100 episodes altogether of superhero stories not to mention some other series not related to the Arrowverse but are DC properties like Gotham and iZombie. While the faults of these series can be annoying at times, such as the overdone hide my secret identity from a person for a long time then have them upset at lying to them for so long plot thread, for the most part a lot of these faults can be glossed over due to the fact that it is operating on a TV budget. In fact, the shows get more praise when they can seemingly elevate their effects and action past what is expected of a TV budget show. Yet, I think the reason for this success is because there's less stakes as it were and not too many executives are concerned as to whether a property succeeds as a TV show. Sometimes there are certain mandates put on the shows but nothing that really gums up the works.

With the movies, it just seems like there are too many executives and creative personal jostling for control or trying to ensure that the movie will be a success and by the time people either get their say or get cut out of the process, the end result is the messiness we are seeing right now. WB just needs to start backing off a bit and letting the creative teams they put in place do their thing or else put in a different team if they don't trust them. But last minute re-writes and re-shoots and over editing is not helping save or improve things. I get that you don't want a property to become radioactive for awhile like what happened after Batman & Robin. Yet even if you release a stinker or two, evidence has shown that the fans will come back to the property if you try again and get it closer to fan expectation. Spiderman has gone through a couple so-so films now and yet people are excited about that property getting another release this summer because it looks like a better version more in-line with the established comic version of the character than a director doing their own spin and take on the characters like Burton with Batman. Of course, it helps that Marvel is now behind the project helping to give it a second chance with fans. WB and DC doesn't have that kind of trust with fans right now. I just don't think it would be that hard to rebound from a failure as they may think aside from the financial aspect of low profits in the short term.