Author Topic: Cell phone discussion  (Read 65641 times)

Cell phone discussion
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:33:13 PM »
I didn't see a topic so thought I would start a new one. I just picked up a Windows Phone, finally got away from Apple, took me a while. Anyways I was wondering if anyone else uses this and if so are you looking forward to Windows 10 Mobile?

Also does anyone use their phone for gaming? I would be curious if there are any games worth getting on WP?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:34:52 PM by michaelbaysuperfan616 »
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Cell phone discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »
I'm interested in that new BlackBerry Android phone.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
yay! Cortana!
Made you look ****.

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:55:55 PM »
Also does anyone use their phone for gaming? I would be curious if there are any games worth getting on WP?

The reason I got back into Nintendo handhelds was my complete dissatisfaction with mobile gaming...but maybe things have changed in the last year and a half?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:53:53 PM »
I wonder if Microsoft will bring more games to their phones with the unified Win 10 OS.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 02:04:56 PM »
I wonder if Microsoft will bring more games to their phones with the unified Win 10 OS.

This is what I was wondering about, I know mobile gaming sucks, supposedly, but Windows gaming is pretty solid so I wasn't too familiar with how compatible things were. I am planning on upgrading to 10 when it becomes available for my phone, if it does anyways.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline BiteThePillow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 02:44:57 PM »
I have a Lumia 635 and I love it. I've never liked Apple much, mainly because of lower storage capacity and iTunes. And Android is a clusterfuck of bloatware, poor battery life, and crappy hardware drivers and firmware support, in my experience. Windows Phone was a breath of fresh air. I do almost no gaming on it, but there are a few that I like (ilomilo, pixel blocked!). And the integration with Windows, Xbox Live, and MS cloud services is really helpful. More apps would be nice, but lack of app development is far from being a deal breaker for me at this point (6 months in).
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 03:56:56 AM »
I'm interested in that new BlackBerry Android phone.
You aren't alone...
Quote from: Pre-Order Status thing
This is a follow-up to the email we sent you on Friday to keep you updated on ShopBlackBerry PRIV pre-order deliveries. Due to demand, there has been a delay in shipping PRIV smartphones to some customers who pre-ordered

We continue to deliver PRIV devices and expect all remaining pre-orders to arrive no later than November 24th. Once your order has been shipped you will receive a confirmation by email so you can track your order.

Now let me remind you that PRIV preorders began on October 23rd.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 11:03:10 PM »
Muhaha cell phones are over-rated. Demon mail is the way to go!  :D
Made you look ****.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 04:19:50 AM »
Nexus 6p is the correct response to this topic :P

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »
I went to a football game and recorded an interview with the coach and it did not save my recording. If anyone has Windows Phone please tell me is there a way to find my recording where it was supposed to save or was I supposed to tell it where to save? I am used to the iPhone app I assumed it saved locally somewhere but I can't find it and everyone online says it was stored in the cloud, somewhere. Very frustrating I need that recording for my story otherwise I have to write it without quotes and it was a playoff game need the quotes. :@ :(
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:16:53 PM by michaelbaysuperfan616 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »
It should be on the phone somewhere. On Android there's a Lost and Found directory...try to find a way to view your whole file system and sort by ascending date modified. Look for something with a relatively large file size and perhaps a weird filename...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »
I have to wait until I can hook it up to my PC because the Mac I use at work does not allow me to browse the folders. I wasn't able to locate it in time anyways deadline passed, so I had to email him for quotes it worked out okay. I won't make the mistake of assuming something just works like it is supposed to on a Windows Phone ever again though.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
Blackberry has done pretty well with android although i'll need to get a new sim card because apparently I managed to slightly damage the one I'm using while trying to cut it down to size so now I'm getting a constant notification about some issue with WiFi calling.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 04:52:41 PM »
Does anyone have voice recognition issues with their phone? No matter how I say it my phone always spells dog as dawg it is pissing me off, is there a way to teach to learn how to spell?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 12:53:43 AM »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 07:05:54 AM »
2014: Apple to abandon headphone jack on the iPhone 6S
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/06/05/apple-to-abandon-headphone-jack-suddenly-beats-deal-makes-sense/

Pretty sure this is a longstanding rumor that doesn't go anywhere.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 07:08:56 AM »
It was a dumb idea when Nintendo did it and it would be even dumber if someone did it again.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 05:34:41 PM »
So looks like cheaping out and buying a Windows Phone was actually a stupid move. I am probably going to see about getting an Android phone maybe a Galaxy, with my Christmas bonus this year, if I don't spend it all on an Xbox One.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »
At what point are phones gonna be too thin?  I would honestly prefer it if Apple would just make a thicker model that maybe has more battery or something.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 01:22:47 PM »
At what point are phones gonna be too thin?  I would honestly prefer it if Apple would just make a thicker model that maybe has more battery or something.

If they went and did that how would they force you to upgrade every couple of years though?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:41 PM »
I have to say I am very impressed with how well Blackberry has kept their word with regards to those monthly security updates for the Priv. Very nice job all around.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 08:26:04 PM »
I think my Nexus 6P has taken more bumps than Daniel Bryan, and I've had the thing for six weeks now.

And of course, I can't find a bumper around here for love or money.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »
And the Priv now has Marshmallow.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 01:07:00 AM »

If they went and did that how would they force you to upgrade every couple of years though?
People say this, but the iPhone 5 (nearly 4 years old) still supports everything.
Does anyone have voice recognition issues with their phone? No matter how I say it my phone always spells dog as dawg it is pissing me off, is there a way to teach to learn how to spell?
Your phone sounds super based though. Why would you want to change that? Oh wait, you already did, cheaped out and didn't get an iPhone too. Pity.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.