Author Topic: What are you hyped about today?  (Read 44659 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: What are you hyped about today?
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2016, 12:31:46 AM »
Let's go Pens! Let's go Pens! Let's go Pens! Whoooooo! Back in the Stanley Cup Finals!!!

HOT DOG CITY!!!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2016, 06:36:58 AM »
PHIL!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »
As a Knicks fan, I used to get annoyed by how many foreign Bulls fans I'd have to take **** from when I traveled overseas. But just like Michael Jordan created a whole bunch of basketball fans, Zinedine Zidane in the '98 WC and '00 Euros showed me how exciting association football could be. I am so hype for the Champions League final tomorrow.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2016, 02:46:36 AM »
1 win down, 3 to go! Screw you, Marleau!

Ain't no stopping a team with a player as intense as Kessel on it!

Do it!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2016, 12:14:56 AM »
To continue the sports theme, I'm very hyped to see my Cleveland Indians on a hot streak, winning three in a row against the defending champion Royals to take back the division lead. Our pitching is just ridiculously good, and if they can continue hitting even close to this well they could go all the way.

Also, **** the Pens, Go Sharks!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2016, 11:51:43 PM »
Also, **** the Pens, Go Sharks!

I don't know what you are hating on the Pens for. I can't think of a better way to honor Ed Snider's legacy than for the Penguins franchise to double the number of cups won compared to the Flyers franchise and to do so with a rookie goaltender in homage to the solid goaltending the Flyers have always had to give themselves so many playoff victories. (And on the subject, I though it was terrible how the Flyers put in Michael Neuvirth in net for games 4-6 and posted a couple wins when Steve Mason was working so hard to stick to the goaltending ideals that Snider had championed for decades in Philly.)

But let's move past the negativity and into the positivity. 1 win away from another Stanley Cup. Shutting down the high scoring Sharks and dominating like 90% of the play. Just incredible. I wish it was Thursday already. I want to binge watch this series now, I tells ya!

Here's hoping Phil Kessel scores 4 goals to become the top playoff goal scorer and win the Conn Smythe Trophy and make a mockery of the Toronto media. Maybe eat a full pack of hot dogs on Thursday Phil to give yourself that extra boost!

IT'S HOT DOG CITY!!!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:06:40 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2016, 11:59:57 PM »
Mason was lights out down the stretch and was by far the biggest reason we got as far as we did. Ironically, goaltending is currently a major strength of the Flyers, while the rest is up in the air. We've got a GM who doesn't trade all his draft picks and young talent for guys in their late 30s now and have built a pretty fantastic crop of prospects. They're going to be scary good in a couple of years. I'm going to be over here being hyped about that and not paying attention to what's going on in the present NHL.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2016, 12:05:39 AM »
Oh, yeah. That's cool. Oilers know all about loading up on draft picks and prospects to become scary good in a couple years.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2016, 12:25:46 AM »
Hey, I thought we were moving past the negativity here. Let me have my Ghost Bear and Konecny and WHL Defenseman of the Year Ivan Provorov.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »
Ok. Back to positivity. I'm positive the Flyers will continue to fail. (Ha ha ha! Tricked you!) Sports are great for making people childish.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2016, 11:11:32 PM »
4-0 BABY! The first U.S. national team I got to attend in person and the Yanks deliver a statement in a must-win game against Costa Rica. We're right back in this tournament!

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2016, 11:58:42 AM »
Warriors bring game 5 home to hopefully finish off the Cavs 2 years in a row.
New record set by the Warriors for a final game w/ 17 3's in a finals game.
and now Taco Bell owes us all 1 Free Dorito Loco Taco each.

FREE TACO: Tues June 21st between 2-6pm @ a participating Taco Bell near you.

Thank Taco Bell
Steal A Game, Steal A Taco promotion.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
E3?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2016, 11:34:09 PM »
Going to Seattle in the morning. Definitely gonna stop by NOA I'm Redmond and take a picture with the Nintendo sign.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2016, 04:04:45 AM »
The Pittsburgh Penguins are the 2016 Stanley Cup Champions!!!! Woooooo!

Eat ****, Insanolord! Ha haha hhahahhaa!

A 10 Year Streak of making the Playoffs with 3 Stanley Cup Finals and now 2 Championships. What a performance. What a team! Wowsers.

A 4th Stanley Cup for Mario Lemieux. That ties him with Gretzky! I just wish Jagr would have joined the Pens again in some way. One more goal scoring salute with him in a Pens jersey would be great.

But for now, I'll just "relish" the fact that Kessel wins the cup! Hot dog!

It's the summer of sausage!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
Looks like I'm going to a Stanley Cup parade then.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
Derrick Rose to the Knicks!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2016, 10:53:28 PM »
Forgot to post this the other day...

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:57:57 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2016, 09:03:47 PM »
I am just continually hyped that my Cleveland Indians continue to dominate with their downright ridiculously good pitching rotation. Today they improved to 9-0 on the season against their rival the Detroit Tigers, who in recent seasons always got the better of the Tribe even when they were playing well.

J.P. Corbran

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2016, 07:49:40 AM »
Penn beat Cornell 42-20 yesterday to win a share of its second consecutive Ivy League football title and moved into a tie with Dartmouth with 18 titles overall. Penn and Harvard have dominated the ancient eight since the league dropped to I-AA/FCS in 1982 and this inches the Quakers past the Crimson with 18 overall titles to 17. Next year, Penn returns the WR and RB from the league's best skill position trio, so this sets up a big run in 2017 for the overall Ivy record.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
Very hyped for the Six Nations starting tomorrow. On paper it looks to be very competitive despite England and Ireland being clear favorites. England are obviously unbeaten under Jones (and looking great doing it) and Ireland are coming off a spectacular autumn and a promising summer. The schedules are pretty even too. Both have two very difficult road games, and although Ireland get England at home, England looks to have more potential for bonus points. Right now I'm predicting a reversal of 2014 when England beat Ireland but lost the championship on points differential: England will lose in Dublin but still win the title on points total.

However, Wales can still be formidable, and hosts both Ireland and England, so they are a dark horse. And Scotland has been playing much better the last couple of years even if they don't have the wins to show for. They definitely have the dynamism to challenge for second place on the table if they can eliminate the late game mistakes.

France, as always, are an enigma. The Fofana loss is huge and they still can't get consistency and proper selection of the halfbacks. However,  they always have a collection of players that can beat any team in the world. Unfortunately, their international game is hampered by the priority they give their domestic league. They play more games and in a much more attritional style. To put it bluntly, the players are too fat and therefore can't meet their athletic potential. You only need to look at the Vunipola brothers to see how much performance can be improved by taking sports science seriously. If the Top 14 had the professionalism of the UEFA or North American sports leagues I believe they would consistently be among the very best teams in the world.

I like the noise out of the Italy camp. Obviously they have the recent South Africa win, but it's been mostly dreadful for them at the international and club levels. Conor O'Shea is a very promising hire and he and the great Sergio Parisse will have them very dangerous at home, particularly early. Hosting Wales first, which maybe present the best style match-up for them, will be a great tone setter. Regardless, they don't usually have the depth to hold up during the later rounds.

These are likely the most important games each round in determining the title:

Scotland-Ireland
Wales-England
Ireland-France
Wales-Ireland
Ireland-England