Author Topic: Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?  (Read 103947 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
I don't think Kanye is a racist, but i bet he has his moments. He looked like he was going to cry on Jay Leno. His Ego is way too big, even in a room filled with celebrities, he acts like the most important person there. Some would attribute it to his youth an immaturity, but the man is 32!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »
Not that I'm much into music, but events like this can have special insight into American culture and sociopolitical trends.
events like this can have special insight into American culture and sociopolitical trends.
special insight into American culture and sociopolitical trends.
American culture and sociopolitical trends.
sociopolitical trends.
sociopolitical
POLITICAL

AhhhhhHHHHHhhHHhhhH [/word of the day]

Personally I think all it says is that Kanye is a drunk self centered asshole who if invited to the next awards show should be sitting about 8-10 rows back and somewhere in the middle of the row.

This isn't the first time he pulled this stunt, it's just the first time he did it for a video or song that wasn't his.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »
I thought it was really funny.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
actually, now that i've actually watched the videos. Kanye didn't say her video was better, he said Beyonce's video was still one of the greatest of all time. Watching both videos I have to say, the Taylor Swift video sucks. The Beyonce one is quite generic though, but man does she work it. Maybe Kanye was right, **** it.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »
Maybe Kanye was right, **** it.

That's not really the point.  If we let everybody who disagreed with an awards decision crash the acceptance speech, nobody would ever get to even say "thank you."  Sure, it doesn't matter, but that's more to the point.  It really doesn't matter, not enough to crash the stage.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2009, 09:34:10 PM »
He didn't disagree.  He just made a statement.  MTV even tried to play it off by running a clip (a fucking that up) and cutting off her mic.  It's more MTV's fault.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
yeah, i know but when that stage is meaningless...he might as well step all over it. At first I was like "oh no he didn't!" but now after thinkng about the situation its more like ****, who cares, what a meaningless awards show anyway. The VMAs suck, I have no respect for it. So if Kanye disrespects it than it doesn't matter to me. Although, Kanye is still a egomaniac.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:40:10 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2009, 10:12:07 PM »
If you were an up an coming musician being recognized on one of the biggest platforms for world wide recognition for the very first time, I think you might be a little tramatized.

What Kanye did was not called for. Beyonce still won the award for Best Video so his whole outburst was not needed and his opinion on the matter would have been better suited for a post show interview. He might have let the liquor get the best of him, but this is the 3rd time he acted out like this, so there really is no excuse.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »
This isn't the first time Kanye has done this at an awards show.  That is what is so sad.  He's run out of idea's.  I don't respect him any less though, it was pretty funny, and made an unwatchable event, suddenly watchable, well, for about 30 seconds.  Kind of pathetic how all the celebrities took it so seriously and starting twattering their anger on twitter.

I do admire Kanye's ambition.  With the lil bit of talent he has, he has really over achieved.  He can't really sing, his dancing is just ok, and his rapping, well, he stole it from Nas, minus the wit.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2009, 12:22:08 AM »
Can I mention that one really famous guy who chimed in on this incident, calling Kanye a "jackass".

Because I agree with that.

Mind you, I don't really give two shits about it.  Don't really listen to music (last CD I purchased was the Simpsons movie soundtrack)... don't even really know who Tyler Swift is and only know Kanye West from his South Park "appearance"... but, yeah. Ass-Hattery at its finest here, folks.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »
Kayne can produce. That's it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2009, 01:11:52 AM »
Taylor swift is nothing special, but thats besides the point.
Kanye did wrong, he knows he did wrong and Jay Leno threw it in his face last night.

Kanye grabbed his jacket and left the studio with out even performing. I don't think Jay wanted him to stay any longer than he did, and Kanye didn't want to stay any longer, so it all worked out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2009, 02:03:41 AM »
huh, on Jay Leno? They did a song right after the interview

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 02:16:43 AM »
Oh the clip I saw, sent to my e-mail, said he left cause he was mad or something. It cut with Kanye grabbing his stuff and getting up.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 03:01:40 AM »
Kind of pathetic how all the celebrities took it so seriously and starting twattering their anger on twitter.

Yeah I hate twitter.  The only constructive truth it has brought is that it brings celebrities' lives down to their plebeian fans' level.  It really demystifies the whole thing when they keep twittering about their kids and about how their kids are eating at McDonald's in 8:07 AM and how they're about to go to the gym and how they are on the gym's bicycles now.  Nobody cares.  Nobody cares that you've spawned a brat, and nobody wants to see pictures of him (nobody morally intact, anyway.)  Nobody wants to see goofy pictures of you staring into the camera like a fat-faced moron, like you're some nobody. You're a celebrity!  Let the nobodies of the world fill their twitter pages ups with fuzzy pictures of car windows and random crap.  You're supposed to be the productive members of entertainment.  Produce!

Twitter only ever helped two things.  Criminals like pedophiles and thieves who know exactly where your children are and when your house is empty, and Iranian election protesters, because they couldn't use the actual internet.  So unless your society is falling apart through anomie, twitter is useless.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2009, 05:02:13 AM »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2009, 07:40:22 AM »
There's a picture of him before the show carrying an empty half-finished bottle of Hennessy. So... he was drunk. That says it all.

Speaking of calamity, Lil Mama was just wrong and she's being destroyed all over Twitter for it. I know Deguello doesn't like Twittertron but its great for endless laughs caused by social events.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Kind of pathetic how all the celebrities took it so seriously and starting twattering their anger on twitter.

Yeah I hate twitter.  The only constructive truth it has brought is that it brings celebrities' lives down to their plebeian fans' level.  It really demystifies the whole thing when they keep twittering about their kids and about how their kids are eating at McDonald's in 8:07 AM and how they're about to go to the gym and how they are on the gym's bicycles now.  Nobody cares.  Nobody cares that you've spawned a brat, and nobody wants to see pictures of him (nobody morally intact, anyway.)  Nobody wants to see goofy pictures of you staring into the camera like a fat-faced moron, like you're some nobody. You're a celebrity!  Let the nobodies of the world fill their twitter pages ups with fuzzy pictures of car windows and random crap.  You're supposed to be the productive members of entertainment.  Produce!

Twitter only ever helped two things.  Criminals like pedophiles and thieves who know exactly where your children are and when your house is empty, and Iranian election protesters, because they couldn't use the actual internet.  So unless your society is falling apart through anomie, twitter is useless.

^POTY? It'll get my vote thats for sure. Lets just hope Kanye West doesn't google his name and find it here, signs up and trolls the ceremony thread.

Has anyone pointed out that this Taylor Swift person is only 17? I've never even heard the name before this incident started doing its rounds on the news media, but now I'm just being bombarded with it. Sure the VMA's don't matter for **** but the fact that Kanye took that moment away from a little kid just makes him a fucking bully at this point. That's really just low.. Like someone else said, he's already overachieved enough, yet he's such an egomaniac he couldn't even let this little girl have her moment in the spot light, and as far as I know it was probably her first big moment too. And before someone mentions that Beyonce gave her a second chance, like someone else posted earlier (yesterday) she'll still never have that moment back. On top of that, after seeing the footage.. Beyonce came off as just trying to look good in the public eye instead of being sincere and letting lil miss Swift have her moment. If she really cared she shoulda called Kanye an asshole, but then she'd probably lose out on ever working with the guy and winning more awards and praise cuz she's probably just as big an egomaniac as he is, but knows how to hide it.

In the end though, NONE OF THIS MATTERS AND I'M SICK OF HEARING/TALKING ABOUT IT.

**** twitter too.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2009, 08:09:02 AM »
In the end though, NONE OF THIS MATTERS AND I'M SICK OF HEARING/TALKING ABOUT IT.

So lets move on.

Look at the parody tha's happened to Lil Mama since.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2009, 08:11:20 AM »
^I don't get it. I don't know who Lil' Mama is or what happened to/with her.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2009, 08:18:25 AM »
She went up on stage uninvited during the performance of Jay Z and Alicia Keys and basically made a fool of herself. Now she's being paroded in all sorts of different places for turning up... like ^that one with elvis.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh2343XxEQhUqCk84A

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2009, 08:34:20 AM »
She went up on stage uninvited during the performance of Jay Z and Alicia Keys and basically made a fool of herself. Now she's being paroded in all sorts of different places for turning up... like ^that one with elvis.

Ah, ok. Now that elvis picture makes much more sense. When they can crop her into a video of the Surprised Praire dog, maybe I'll give two shits though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

The problem is that most people have no idea who she is. Her plan backfired because no one but the people on twitter are talking about it.
Maybe she should have grabbed the grabbed the mic from Jay and said "New York is Jockin Cuz My Lip Gloss is Poppin" at then people would have recognized her and someone would have brought it up in a media outlet that matters.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
Her lip gloss was never that great.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2009, 01:34:40 PM »
"New York is Jockin Cuz My Lip Gloss is Poppin"
Her lip gloss was never that great.
"Now nickmitch is hatin cuz lips wasn't lockin"

::dance scene::