Author Topic: Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?  (Read 103942 times)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2003, 08:38:07 PM »
hahahaha!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 07:21:39 AM »
The DK rap ain't bad, tho.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 08:00:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
I actually saw a kid fall over today, and I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. He stumbled on the escalators. See, kids are hilarious when they wanna be!

Well, It's funny until someone gets hurts... then it's hilarious.

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Sonic Adventure 2 has the worst rap in the history of rap. Even my christmas presents are better wrapped.

Must be truely atrocious.  Since you can't wrap.  hahaha
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2003, 10:46:40 AM »
I like rap. Tupac, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, DMX, Coolio, Busta Rhymes
tough i cant say i have a favorite music. Really right now im down with Techno.
I mean its the new age of classical music.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
RE: Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2003, 06:33:02 PM »
I love tupac, dr dre, snoop dog, eminenm, dmx, coolio, busta rhymes, and other fancy words too.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Who here is into Hip-Hop/Rap?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

Eminem used to be good, and he could probably be good again if his whole life turned to **** again so he actually has something to rap about.

Dr. Dre is never gonna release another album.... detox.... right.

Tupac has a new song out with Keisha Cole

Coolio..... lol

DMX.... all but done.

Busta Rhymes just aint what he used to be. The dreads is where he drew his power, he should have never shaved them.

I was also a fan of Notorious B.I.G., but I can't stand Sean "P. Puff Diddy Daddy" Combs.

But a hot new artist on the scene is Drake. You should check out his new album.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
Drake's pretty tight, but I'll stick with Wutang. They keep putting out that **** I like to hear.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
 I haven't heard anything from Wu-Tang in years. What have they released in the last 7 years.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »
Drake doesn't have an album, yet.  He has a few singles, though.  He's got 3 mixtapes.  The third of which is mostly where his recent fame is coming from.

But yeah, Drizzy's good, but there's this Kid named CuDi you gotta check.  Also, Wale.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
Rap hasn't been good since the days of Jungle Brothers and Slick Rick.  There, I said it.

Drake's pretty tight, but I'll stick with Wutang. They keep putting out that **** I like to hear.

I don't know much about Wu-Tang.  But I do know they ain't nuttin' to **** wit.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »
Rap hasn't been good since the days of Jungle Brothers and Slick Rick.  There, I said it.

I don't know much about Wu-Tang.  But I do know they ain't nuttin' to **** wit.

They also helped me with my stock portfolia, they suggested i diversify my bonds, etc.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
I don't know about diversifying my funds, but ODB taught me about experiencing the finer things in life

"Ohhh baby I like it raw!"

Drake doesn't have an album, yet.  He has a few singles, though.  He's got 3 mixtapes.  The third of which is mostly where his recent fame is coming from.

But yeah, Drizzy's good, but there's this Kid named CuDi you gotta check.  Also, Wale.

I've Kid Cudi but not too impressed with anything he's done that I've heard so far.

And I've heard 1 song from Wale (wall-eh) but you just reminded me to go look for more of his stuff.
My CD changer in my car is seriously lacking and in need of anything new to me.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:56:52 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 10:27:38 PM »
Well, Wale has a bunch of mixtapes out, so you can check for those.  They mostly have themes (Back to the Future, Seinfeld, etc), so check for that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »

Eminem used to be good, and he could probably be good again if his whole life turned to **** again so he actually has something to rap about.

While Relapse isn't as sharp as his first two LP's, he's still good and head and shoulders above the rest of the field.  Its funny to look back at those stupid enough to challenge him and how quickly fell into obscuty after he battled back.

RIP  -> ICP, Everlast, Cannabis, Ja-Rule, Fred Durst, Benzino, Jamaine Dupree....

And now Mariah and Nicky, Nick is definately done now, but Mariah should may able to crawl her way out.  Still though, my favorite diss is his second response to FortyandWhite.

Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 12:00:20 AM »
Nick Cannon isn't a rapper and if he ever had a career in music it was over long before it started. Mariah will be just fine.

Eminem has been a shell of his former self ever since he decided to shove D12 down Americas throat only to watch us all laugh and walk away. Eminem doesn't hold the career ruining clout that he did several albums ago.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 01:35:09 AM »
Nick Cannon isn't a rapper and if he ever had a career in music it was over long before it started. Mariah will be just fine.

Eminem has been a shell of his former self ever since he decided to shove D12 down Americas throat only to watch us all laugh and walk away. Eminem doesn't hold the career ruining clout that he did several albums ago.

Even though isn't isn't as sharp as he once was, his average is still fantastic, people are just used to it.  Name one rapper who's defeated him in battle.  Until that happens, he's still the king of hip hop.  Jay z, Nas, Lupe, Fitty, and Kanye all know better than to attempt.  It'd backfire worse than "The Takeover" did. 

It is a brute fact that all bands/musicians slowly degrade over time.  Heard the new Beastie Boys, or Metallica?  From Led Zepplin to 2pac, everyone devolves.  But the great ones, still retain some of that magic, like those just mentioned and Eminem.  Especially in hip hop, people are lucky to stick around 2 weeks.  How many great albums did Snoop have?  One.

His new stuff is also vastly different musically.  Props to him for trying something new rather than recycling the same album.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 01:48:30 AM »
talk about a necromancer! That was what I liked in 2003. Actually. i think my tastes have changed in the last 6 years, while I may still have those people on my playlist I always skip them. I will listen to some Biz Marquee every time though. I like more soothing music now. I like Squirrel Nut Zippers a lot, Panic at the Disco, Ludo, Beatles. Rap sounds pretty archaic too me, i sort of wish it would go away and be replaced by something new. I have listened to rap recently with a Cockney accent from "The Streets" and that still was pretty good. D average is totally on the money about band/musician degradation, but I'd extend it to genre degradation as well, but thats a much more slow thing.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 01:58:13 AM »
but I'd extend it to genre degradation as well, but thats a much more slow thing.

Very true.  And I can only hope emo burns as fast as disco did.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 02:34:43 AM »
Rap as a whole right now is pretty much crap, with just a few shining through.

Kanye is good at what he does, but he need to shut his mouth if he's not in the studio or at his own concert.
Regardless of what JayZ says, he in not the King of Rap unless you are talking about money made.

I say that my CD changer is in desperate need of anything new to me is because I can't stand the radio and the crap that they pass off as music 90% of the time.  There are just too many people talking about nothing for 4 minutes with a slightly catchy hook and knockin beat. I know hte radio has to work with what they are given, but there is just so mach crap to filter through to get to the decent stuff, that I just avoid the radio until I can't listen to the radio anymore.

Now having said that, someone recommend me something other than Wale that isn't degraded in value and style like Eminem. Seriously Eminem seemed like he was bored with rap and only made the last album I heard from him because he knew that it would get radio play and would sell millions. He even said his song was about nothing in the song and that they would still play it on the radio.... which is where i first heard it.
give me a break. He's not trying because he doesn't have to. He is at his best when he has something to rap about, and he seem to only have something to rap abut when his love life is in shambles.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 03:07:03 AM »
but I'd extend it to genre degradation as well, but thats a much more slow thing.

Aha, i did list 2 emo-ish bands, i think they have talent though. Upon further examination it looks like Panic! is pretty much done for with 2 members leaving in July. I didn't mind their Beatles Tribute era one bit :P, Also, now it looks like theres a new band to like.  The Young Veins, but maybe they sound too much like the Beatles.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:10:33 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
Kanye is good at what he does, but he need to shut his mouth if he's not in the studio or at his own concert.
Regardless of what JayZ says, he in not the King of Rap unless you are talking about money made.

What he did at the VMA's this week....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »

One type of emo did die (the "pop punk" kind; Hawthorne Heights, My Chemicle Romance and other garbage like that), now its a bunch of fake metal bands that call themselves "screamo" or "power-pop" bands like Hellogoodbye and Panic At The Disco. *shutters*
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 11:40:45 AM »

What he did at the VMA's this week....

There is no excuses or amount of apologies that will make up for what he did. I disagree with lots of awards given out at award shows, but thats the nature of award shows. They aren't created to cater to my taste nad I don't remember anybody asking for Kanye to express his opinion. I'm not sure what made him think he had the right, even if it wasn't for his usual selfish reasons. That was Taylor Swifts moment and even though Beyonce gave her a second chance to at her moment, she still can have "that" moment back.

He could have easily won his own award and made that comment or simply walked over to Beyonce how was right in the front row and told her that himself, although he should have just waited till after the show.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 11:53:38 AM »
He's upset his fish broke up with him.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »
Us in Psychology Academia were quite unsure what to make of Kanye West's stage disruption.  On the one hand it was a racial minority snatching the power from a racial majority.  But then again it was also a man expressing dominion over a woman.

When it came up in class (routinely) I said that I certainly hoped that Beyonce and Kanye were like... "together" and he was being stupidly romantic, because otherwise the only other explanations are him being drunk, racist, or both.

Not that I'm much into music, but events like this can have special insight into American culture and sociopolitical trends.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807