Author Topic: Your Favorite Fast Food Resturant  (Read 13018 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Your Favorite Fast Food Resturant
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2003, 03:21:24 PM »
Whataburger.  Its only down in the south(Texas) as far as i know.  But its great at 3 am.  And Jack N the Box is good.  We havent had them up in Jersey in a lot of years, but i had it in Texas , and liked it.  Wendys up here when i'm home, bored, and/or drunk.  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE:Your Favorite Fast Food Resturant
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2003, 07:33:28 PM »
they have whataburgers here...i just hav nmever been to it....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Fast Food Resturant
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »
Whataburger and Popeye's are my favorite.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »
Popeye's is OK, but KFC is better for chicken.

Whataburger is a really regional chain, not fully national. Hell, I live in western New York and the closest one is 980 miles away (in Alabama).

Wendy's is very good, though pricey on the fast food end. A local chain called Tom Wahl's has GREAT burgers. Burger King is good for fast and cheap food
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 10:53:41 PM »
My favorite is My Kitchen. None of you would know about it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 10:57:48 PM »
I recently had the Pretzel Bacon Burger at Wendy's, probably a week or so ago. It was F'n DELICIOUS!!! instant new favorite major chain fast food burger.

so I went back on friday... same Wendy's, different time of the day... WTF happened?
was I not hungry enough? did they change it somehow?
it just wasn't the same. It was still good, but it just wasn't "that" good like it was last time.
greezy as **** though, so watch your shirt. So much grease it soaked through and was dripping from the box it came in.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »
No fast food place is "really good" they're all horse ****. Popeye's is not OK, it's fucking disgusting.

Long John Silver's is pretty dank though. Probably the worst thing you could ever eat (quality-wise and health-wise), but I have it once every few years.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »
Chipotle has been a staple of my fast-food diet since I was in college 4 years ago.  Just great tasting food, and wonderfully filling.

Since moving to NC, I got a chance to try Five Guys.  They have awesome burgers & fries, but I avoid eating there too often out of fear of ballooning like the stay puffed marshmallow man.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
No fast food place is "really good" they're all horse ****. Popeye's is not OK, it's fucking disgusting.

Do you eat at fast food places?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 12:43:29 PM »
Five Guys turned my "freshman 15" in to so much more. :(

I still eat there because it's delicious, and I can't help myself.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 12:54:35 PM »
I honestly think the burgers at Five Guys are terrible. They're cooked to order, but they're all well-done which defeats the purpose. It's basically a $5 Whopper.

I've got to admit I am at least mildly trolling this thread, and yes I do sometimes eat fast food (typically only Taco Bell or Chic-fil-A, never McDonald's and very rarely Wendy's).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 01:49:15 PM »
There is a place next to my work called Mooyahs

OMG is there burgers good. It's kinda like 5 guys in where you pay for a burger and then the majority of the toppings you can pick are free, but you fill out a card with all the options.
There is something slightly sweet about it, the regular burger is a double, and it can be a got damn mess at times, but it's so freaking good. Most consistently good "fast food" burger. Unfortunately, the one next to my work is the only one in (Northern?) California and the rest are all in Texas.

So if you are in Texas and see one of these spots, stop and try it out.
Their fries are pretty good too, if you salt them a little.

Offline Gwellin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • It's a Secret to Everybody
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 01:55:49 PM »
Do all Five Guys locations pack the place with peanuts? I'm surprised they didn't have huge warning signs at the place I went to for people with allergies. There were a dozen open boxes of peanuts, free for customers to snack on, and shells all over the floor. The burger and fries was indeed good, but I sure am glad I don't have allergies.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
(typically only Taco Bell)

Popeye's is not OK, it's fucking disgusting.

Hypocrite!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
Ugh, I refuse to support Chic-Fil-A for reasons we aren't allowed to discuss on the forums. It helps that they have no locations here anyways.

Oblivion, the 5-Layer Beef Burrito and Doritos Los Tacos are really good.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »
Do all Five Guys locations pack the place with peanuts? I'm surprised they didn't have huge warning signs at the place I went to for people with allergies. There were a dozen open boxes of peanuts, free for customers to snack on, and shells all over the floor. The burger and fries was indeed good, but I sure am glad I don't have allergies.

I think the mountains of peanuts are your warning sign. The ones I go to have glass doors and large windows, so I'd hope people with allergies shy away before walking in. Besides, I'm pretty sure they cook in peanut oil (the best oil), so people with peanut allergies really have no business there.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 02:17:45 PM »
I have definitely cut back my Chic-fil-A consumption to almost zero for those same reasons, but when you have kids that want chicken nuggets you've got to go with quality.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
I honestly think the burgers at Five Guys are terrible. They're cooked to order, but they're all well-done which defeats the purpose. It's basically a $5 Whopper.

I think that's oversimplifying it a bit, but everyone has different tastes.

Well, I'm pretty sure they advertize that they only use peanut oil when making their products, and like nickmitch states, they have piles of peanuts all over the place.

I think peanut allergies are prevalent enough to where people should know well enough if Five Guys isn't for them.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »
It's hard for me to take a moral stance against Chick-Fil-A.  Yes, their CEO is coo-coo bananas and donating money to these terrible causes, but my monthly trip to get chicken nuggets and waffle fries hurts my local franchisee much more than it hurts him and the causes he donates money to.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »
I love Taco Bell. It's not mexican food, but it's still good.

Popeye's, atleast the one near me, can kiss my ass.

Chik Fil A: they just put one close to my work. They have like 3 chicken sandwiches and some other stuff I didn't pay attention to. It's not bad. but I've only been once or twice and haven't really tried what they have to offer, so I will reserve judgement until the next visit where I'm actually paying attention.

Church's Chicken: They just opened one not far from my house. I've only been during their grand opening about a 2 years ago (1st time there in about a decade) and I haven't been back since. I can't remember specifically why, but I'm gonna assume I wasn't impressed and that's why I haven't been back.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2013, 02:41:28 PM »
I like Chick-Fil-A. I think they have the best chicken sandwich and nuggets. I also have a soft spot in my heart for french fries or varying shapes, such as curly or waffle. But yeah, there are those reasons. Honestly, of the money you spend on your meal, only pennies (if that) are gonna trickle all the way to those causes. Honestly, you spend $5 there and $5 supporting the opposite cause and you net a huge positive.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
Comedy "whichever one sends me coupons" option. So... KFC, followed by Wendy's.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
i enjoy culvers personally

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 12:39:32 PM »
Jack in the Box....oh so awesome...nothing beats a sour dough jack

and the taco bell thing....i like taco bell and i like REAL Mexican food....
you see they taste completely different if you didnt know(like if you lived in australia
or the midwest you prolly wouldnt have much exposure to Mexican culture...or the real thing)
I like both......its like choosing between going to a chinese resturant and an itallian restraunt...taco bell is soemthing different. I like the grilled stuff burritos..except the sauce thats on it....but otherwise their awesome..also i like chalupas and goprditas. 

Yes I agree Jack in the box is best, but we don't have those here where I am at now so sad. We have this place called Runza that is really good though. I hate Mc D's, Wendy's is ok and BK sucks. but my favorite is Taco Bell.