Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 252371 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Apple thread
« Reply #375 on: September 12, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »
Oh, they're back to making phones out of something other then glass that might as well come out of the box scratched with a band of cheap aluminum? Wonderful.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:57:30 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »
using the combined power of Apple Maps and Watch (seriously, is that what we're calling it guys? Really?) you can set your course and when you reach your turn the watch will vibrate telling you to turn.

So for example if you need to get to a local subway just keep walking untill it buzzes and let your Watch guide you on your-oh?

Hmmm.... It seems you turned right into oncoming traffic, I suppose that was always on the cards given that it's Apple Maps we're referring to... man that is just a mess there...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:28:31 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
Apple Maps may still not be as good as google maps.  But seriously they are improving it every month, and most of the problems people were having are disappearing.  I think its a pretty low blow to continue to bash them over it. 

Was Maps original release a bone-headed decision.  OF COURSE!!!  The software wasn't ready.  But now Apple has been doing just about everything it can to correct that mistake. 

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
That's why you gotta make fun of it now. Soon enough they'll have fixed everything and I won't have that material anymore.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
Apple Maps still gives me trouble sometimes.  I tried using once, and it sent me somewhere completely unrelated to what I put it.  I copied the address into Google Maps, and it knew where I was going.  I'll admit that it has been pretty good sometimes, though; only occasionally giving me screwy directions.  However, not having transit directions makes it utterly worthless as my default app for directions. 
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »
Maps will never be as good as Google maps for the simple fact that apple not only came to the party late but isn't as intrusive as Google is with data. Its one of the things that separates the watches for me, Android Wear just makes so much more sense due to the deep Google Now integration.

A few thing's I was surprised about coming out of the event.

-I'm surprised that Beats Music hasn't been pushed more in its marketing or even rebranded.

-Yo Apple **** U2, make Dr.Dre's only job to be finishing and releasing detox.

-I'm surprised the 5c didn't get a upgrade at least taking the 5S inards, touch ID and nfc and putting it in a 5C case.

It seems like most of my apple heavy friends are already prepping to upgrade even if its backorded.

rumor mill time.

The Apple Watch Edition model will cost around $1,200 when it releases.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/12/gold-apple-watch-1200/

Apple has a Ultra slim notebook coming in 2015 that will have mutiple color schemes. I wonder if this could mean a actual hardware refresh away from the current look of imacs.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/11/ultra-slim-macbook-colors/

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »
The Apple Watch [18-Karat Gold] Edition model will cost around $1,200 when it releases.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
iPhone fans get ready for all those features the only feature that NFC will be used for (at least for now) - Apple Pay.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/16/nfc-on-iphone-6-limited-to-apple-pay/
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »
What else is there, really? Unless Activision wanted to use it for Skylanders or something what real, prqctical use is there for that tech? (That's an honest question, maybe I'm missing something.)
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »
What else is there, really? Unless Activision wanted to use it for Skylanders or something what real, prqctical use is there for that tech? (That's an honest question, maybe I'm missing something.)

Home and vehicle automation but most of that can be done wirelessly, connecting to speakers, and just laying with stuff like NFC tags.

Honestly other than thinking around or DIY apple Pay is really the biggest use case for nfc.

Paypal are already on defense

I'm an android guy but seeing apple pay and Passbook out do Google Wallet is pretty sad when Google should be far ahead of the game with this.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:40 PM »
Windows had it integrated to the last OS for phone and you could never use it like that because of no support.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »
You could use it for syncing music across phones (like playing the same song at the same time on the Galaxy S phones), sending photos, etc. Sure a lot can be done with Bluetooth or WiFi but whatever.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »
You're putting in your pocket wrong. You're wearing the wrong pants. No, you're building your phones wrong.

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus bend in your pocket

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/24/bendgate-anger-as-iphone-6-users-discover-gadgets-bend-in-their-pockets-4879747/

To be fair, the 5 and 5S bend pretty easily as well, though not as easily as the 6 series.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
You're putting in your pocket wrong. You're wearing the wrong pants. No, you're building your phones wrong.

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus bend in your pocket

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/24/bendgate-anger-as-iphone-6-users-discover-gadgets-bend-in-their-pockets-4879747/

To be fair, the 5 and 5S bend pretty easily as well, though not as easily as the 6 series.

You're wearing your leg fat wrong?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
The first picture is a terrible lead in. It looks like the dude is trying to break the phone in half. It reminds of the episode of The Simpsons where a saleswoman is trying to show Homer and Marge how easily Maggie can open up a container of hazardous materials. She takes a random bottle from under the sink but has trouble opening it so she runs it under water and bangs it against the edge of the counter (it ends up being Similac Baby Formula).

If this is a widespread problem, I wonder how this ever got past testing. Pockets are typically where people put their phones, unless you have a purse or you're one of those weiners who uses a belt case. In any case, hopefully Apple figures this out for the 6S so I don't have to deal with this.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:08:30 AM by Adrock »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2014, 10:34:17 AM »
To me this seems like a byproduct of Apple's insane desire to have something too thin, and too light.  You know what Apple.  I would rather have my device made with thicker metal and not bend.  I would rather know my device is not going to break or be damaged by regular use. 

This is coming from someone that loves Apple products.  But you know what…I am still a firm believer that you shouldn't HAVE to case your electronic devices to protect them.  Durability should always be a primary concern with portables.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
Maybe this will put an end to the skinny jeans fad.

We should be grateful.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
Your phone should not bend like that under any type of normal use, period.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »
We here at apple have decided that there is no reason for your iphone to operate as a phone so we decided to remove that feature for our user's convenience. Also you're holding it wrong.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
Honestly who makes calls on their phone anyway? Funny thing though, predictably, when I mentioned the whole iPhone 6 bends when you put it in your pocket thing, the iPhone owners at my work were like "yeah but they're wearing their pants too tight."

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »
Maybe this will put an end to the skinny jeans fad.

We should be grateful.

Skinny Jeans are only bad if you aren't built for them or suck at styling.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
The problem is that so many people **** on Apple for all kinds of irrelevant bullshit, and now when there's real legitimate reason to criticize it doesn't carry the same weight. It's like Ian Sane complaining about Nintendo; he's got real good points some of the time, but it's drowned out by everything else.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
Apparently the 6 plus is even more 'bendable' then the regular one. It's sorta like taking the exact same design and making it bigger isn't such a good idea.

So last year we had #scuffgate and this year we have #bendgate, next year is the iphone 6s going to just spontaneously combust or what's the deal here.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
Who would think a large, thin sheet of aluminum would be malleable?

If Steve Jobs had just put his head on that robot body, we wouldn't have to deal with this B.S.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »
I'd like to thank Apple for now making my day job even more of a nightmare than it already was, especially since Apple's not likely to take these phones back due to "physical damage" voiding the warranty if they don't have Apple Care. Nice to see Apple's let their software incompetence seep into their hardware now.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.