Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 253169 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Apple thread
« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »
I was under the impression that Apple makes one for each (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint). Their availability seems based on the carrier, as in it's a factor.

I don't think they have done that since the 4S. The whole move to Nano-sim was to combat this in the first place.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53:17 PM »
They're all the same phone. There are two versions of the iPhone 5 (3 if you count the patched "AT&T" version that runs on T-Mobile's network), but I'm pretty sure the 5C and 5S are all the same on the inside. All iPhone 4S were the same, just with hard-locked networks on Verizon and Sprint.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
Either way they're fucking sold out.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »
And their prices are fucking absurd. 128GB LTE iPad Air for $929? Even $629 for 16GB is a slap in the dick, but seriously 112GB costs $300? It's nice that you can have that much storage, but that's borderline ass-rape.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »
Signing the terms of agreement counts as consent.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2013, 03:13:37 AM »
So with the original iPad Mini now discontinued and the new one is now more expensive than before, Apple basically gave up trying to compete with the Nexus 7.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 23, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »
Apple didn't discontinue the original iPad Mini. It's still available and they dropped the price $30. Apple probably could have dropped it even further, but they want people to buy the new one. It kind of reminds me of the 2DS for everyone except children. Sure, you could save some money, but paying a bit more gets you much better model. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but I think the mindset is the same.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #257 on: October 23, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Apple didn't give up on competing with the Nexus 7. Apple just doesn't compete as a price leader.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »
Frankly it was obvious Apple didn't have to compete on price when people thought iPads were consumer priced by the Wii U was astronomic.  They have at least another maybe 5 years they can milk the name but, if they don't have something exciting in that time its back to the Zealots for them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »
They'll just have to come up with another product line. I doubt it'll be the next iPad or even MacBook Air, but it'll be something. And it'll be pretty neat.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »
They just haven't really shown that capability as of late.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »
Yeah, especially not since Jobs died.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »
Apple really hasn't needed a new product line until now. They've been getting by on the massive ios sales, ok mac sales, and diminshing returns from the ipad line. Its intresting we hear rumors each year of new Apple products but never see anything come to furition about an iwatch or iTV expect wait next year.

Apple has a much different product road map than Microsoft and Google. Apple has been focused on refinement and software all this year. They got ios 7 and Marvricks  out the door alongside updates to all their major apps with the expection of the prosumer stuff. The biggest news coming out of the door was Mavericks and the iwork/ilife suite becoming free and gaining collaboration. Its a simple statement of war at Google, trying to  squash their  free service advantage.

The move hurts microsoft even more and the only thing keeping them having the main office not be free is the fact that Office is still the biggest program in Enterprise.

The Only thing from apple I was suprised that didn't happen was a 4K retina display for the mac line. It was a bit odd to push how awesome the Mac Pro is for 4K graphics and high end performance but don't make a display to go along with it. (Okay it isn't that odd since the Mac Pro was only redesigned to appease the old faithful.)

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 23, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »
I really do like their over the top power wise tower redesign.  Its a cool machine on ever level that doesn't have a large place in this current world anymore.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2013, 08:20:20 AM »
Seriously, the Mac Pro? Sure it will look cool for a few seconds, but that's one of the silliest designs I've ever seen. It looks like they're trying to pretend like Steve Jobs is still alive, and obviously his next idea would be a computer that looks like a giant soda can.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2013, 09:01:08 AM »
Apple could have made it angular. Does it matter? If you're dropping $3000 or more on a workstation computer, you're probably not too concerned over aesthetics.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
How about that overpriced iPad Mini with Retina? $400 ripoff anyone? Good thing the original iPad Mini is only $250 on Apple's "certified refurbished" store.

Apple can easily sell their iPads and Macs at more affordable prices to attract a wider audience, but they still insist on catering to the trendy, upper middle-class crowd.

Good thing we have the high-end Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HDX as alternatives. Thanks Google and Amazon!
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-mini-retina

You have two color choices: "Space Gray" or "Silver"...or as human being call them "Black" and "White."

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
So is the $250 (Apple certified refurbished) iPad Mini a good deal?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »
Apple really hasn't needed a new product line until now. They've been getting by on the massive ios sales, ok mac sales, and diminshing returns from the ipad line. Its intresting we hear rumors each year of new Apple products but never see anything come to furition about an iwatch or iTV expect wait next year.

Apple has a much different product road map than Microsoft and Google. Apple has been focused on refinement and software all this year. They got ios 7 and Marvricks  out the door alongside updates to all their major apps with the expection of the prosumer stuff. The biggest news coming out of the door was Mavericks and the iwork/ilife suite becoming free and gaining collaboration. Its a simple statement of war at Google, trying to  squash their  free service advantage.

The move hurts microsoft even more and the only thing keeping them having the main office not be free is the fact that Office is still the biggest program in Enterprise.

The Only thing from apple I was suprised that didn't happen was a 4K retina display for the mac line. It was a bit odd to push how awesome the Mac Pro is for 4K graphics and high end performance but don't make a display to go along with it. (Okay it isn't that odd since the Mac Pro was only redesigned to appease the old faithful.)

SkyDrive's Office Web Apps are free, and they're a good alternative to Google Docs. If the regular Office Suite was free as well, then Microsoft would get much more support from both consumers and businesses.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:18 PM »
You have two color choices: "Space Gray" or "Silver"...or as human being call them "Black" and "White."
It's not even that diverse. It's more like "Darker Silver" and "Silver." And it almost doesn't even matter because I have a case covering the "Space Gray" part of my phone.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
I'm talking about the front though. Who the hell uses their iPad with the back facing them?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:43 PM »
I'm talking about the front though. Who the hell uses their iPad with the back facing them?
Well when I use an apple product of any kind I get the urge to pull out a hammer and smash it so....

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2013, 10:15:53 PM »
"Space Gray" and "Silver" are specifically referring to the finish on the back even though the bezel is black and white respectively. To answer your question: dipshits taking selfies with tablets.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2013, 12:24:24 AM »
I love Apple products.  The software usually works great or better than I would expect, and their hardware is topnotch.  However, they do have a problem with over pricing their products.  Dropping the prices of their devices by $50-100 dollars would be a good start.  Or at least with their computer line, not raping the consumer with the hardware customization. 

I really want to get a Mac Book Pro, but I don't want to pay huge amounts of money for small amount of FLASH Memory.  If I get one I will get the 13 inch with a normal hard drive and Super Drive...but actually this isn't even what I want.  What I want is a FLASH DRIVE and a Disk Hard Drive.  But that option doesn't even exist.  Why?  I dunno...it seems silly.