Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 179317 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18987
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Apple thread
« Reply #700 on: April 27, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »
What i found most fascinating about the Spring Loaded event is that Apple are now basically selling the exact same hardware, the M1, in 4 different form factors. Is this the future of personal computing?

The upcoming MacBook Pro is supposed to be running on a more powerful version of it, dubbed the M1X. I think they'll be spread out more over time, it's just this way now because this is the very start of Apple using their own processors.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Score: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 27, 2021, 04:47:12 PM »
Apparently, Appleā€™s M2 chip has entered production and will ship as soon as July.

My guess is the X-variant of Apple's M-series chips is the plan for the company's desktop computers; it may have gotten disrupted by *broadly gestures at 2020/2021*. Also, isn't there currently a chip shortage? Is it possible that could affect things?

Ted Lasso is on the list. It's the only thing on AppleTV+ I've heard of. RABicle's assessment is interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

insanolord, what MacBook Pro are you eyeballing? If Apple finally releases the 14" model, that will probably be what I get. The MacBook Air is also an option though I remember feeling that the extra cost was worth upgrading to the Pro. We'll see if that holds up later this year.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18987
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 27, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
I'm looking at the 16" model. My current one is 15", and I wouldn't mind going slightly bigger.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 17, 2021, 06:34:59 PM »
I've wanted a Macbook for years but I will not buy a laptop without a touchscreen. It's far too useful.
black fairy tales are better at sports