Author Topic: super smash bros melee talk  (Read 16495 times)

Offline neo the hacker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
super smash bros melee talk
« on: May 31, 2003, 10:09:38 AM »
super smash bros has got to be 1 of the best game cube games./ link child /or falco/ is the best fighters in it

Offline Mr. Jinks

• View Profile
RE: super smash bros melee talk
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 10:34:35 AM »
I concur.  Just another reason to own a Gamecube.
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 11:06:51 AM »
Yes, yes it is.  But I have to say that Marth is the most skilled fighter.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 11:32:58 AM »
Against cpu gannon is best, against human opponent I'm not sure cause no one is worthy to challenge me. Someone with long range and power like link, samus would probably be best but I don't know for sure if there is one superior fighter.  

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 11:43:44 AM »
There is no universally great character.  It all depends on your playstyle.  Like, Marth can be great, but against Samus or Link, he's a dead man.  Also, it depends on the level, too.  Samus is terrible at Fountain of Dreams, but great at Hyrule Temple.  Likewise, it wouldn't be wise to take Bowser to Big Blue.  That's why I like Random stage select.  You can't just put caution on the side of your character.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 11:59:52 AM »
dk owns all, and it is a great game. countless hours of gameplay....another really good multiplayer game is sega soccer slam....that game is so under rated. i play that game all the time with my friends.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 12:42:11 PM »
Oh come on. This has got to be the most unproductive topic I've seen all week.

DK ownz! Nuh uh! Yuh huh! Nuh uh!

Ok, we all now SSBM is a great game. You don't need to make a whole topic stating that useless fact. Besides, someone else will do it for you anyway, we get one of these SSBM rocks threads every week it seems...

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2003, 01:53:02 PM »
Firstly, everybody knows that Fox is the best.  His speed and agility make him the strongest adversary.  Secondary, it's been months since a Melee thread has been started.  And thirdly, Melee is in fact one of the best games on ANY system.  If anyone lives in NC, and are any good at Melee, let's talk about a tournament.  None of my friends can compare to me, and I've been looking for a worthy challenger.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2003, 01:58:45 PM »
OH MY GOD!

Like, Marth can be great, but against Samus or Link, he's a dead man.

I use Roy, which is basically a slower more powerful Roy with flame ability. I whoop on everything and everyone with him. My friend uses Link and another uses Samus, there at my level which is Guru. But I still come out on top in most cases becuase roy is the sh*t, I personally think that he's to pumped up.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2003, 02:04:18 PM »
I use Marth and have no problem with Samus or Link (one of my friends plays as young link, and there are computer players).  But maybe that's just because I'm so good.

I like using Marth and taking on three level nine bowsers teamed up against me.  Bob-omb battles on Whispy Woods is also fun.

Right behind Marth for me is Shiek, followed by Captain Falcon and Fox (I'm skilled with Fox because my friend plays as him, and I've adapted to all the tactics he uses.  I'm fortunate to have a worthy opponent nearby).
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2003, 02:38:16 PM »
Yeah, Fox is considered the best character, skill-wise.  Behind him it's Falco, then Sheik, then Marth.

But I like Roy the best.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2003, 02:49:46 PM »
I like using Roy, Bowser or Mario.

My brother is the best with Gannon or Falcon.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Fazer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2003, 02:55:57 PM »
I still maintain PGC needs to put on a Melee Tournament on the west coast (greater LA area).  I am itching to try my skills on random strangers.  Dr. Mario has a prescription for pain...

Offline BoMbErMaN123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2003, 02:56:51 PM »
I am really good with mario, link, and falco. I think fox, DK, and ICE CLIMBERS!!! are really good to.
". . . And you shall shed tears of scarlet." Vicious, Cowboy Bebop

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2003, 03:14:01 PM »
Um, if you look hard enough you should find Melee tournaments in your area.

Or just find some people as good as you. I know plenty of people in my school you are absolute SSBM freaks and can tear through anyone but the best players.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 03:19:39 PM »
I try to use everyone.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 03:24:52 PM »
I try not to use Ice Climbers, or their level, which sucks. The computers just jump around the whole time trying not to die, and their's hardly time to fight...
I just don't like the Ice Climbers...not that they are bad or anything. Their A attacks are seriously overpowered, and they are the only AI opponents who will ever charge a smash attack.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2003, 03:54:33 PM »
I don't like using ice climbers.  Nor do I like big, slow characters, like DK and Gannondorf (though I'm surprisingly good with Bowser, perhaps because I fought him so much with Marth).  I like quick characters, like Marth, Shiek, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc.

Offline GoldShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2003, 04:24:02 PM »
I don't really like Marth or Roy, not because they're bad characters, but because they're not that much fun to play, at least for me.  They don't have as much variety in their moves.  I like Link and Samus, mostly...  Bowser and Peach are good.  Fox is good, but I'm terrible at him (he's too fast for me).

Offline 220man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2003, 04:34:56 PM »
My facourite characters are Zelda, Peach, Link, Marth and sumtimes pikachu. They all have one thing in common - in a match they all can use there abiliteis and there tiers way above that of a normal character say mario or samus. I'm not sayin that any one is worse or better ok ? They are just my opinions on probably the best game that nintendo has ever created apart from Zelda. The shear idea of combining all nintendo characters into one game and watch them bash and smash each other up is just loaded with genius and pure greatness.

WELL DONE MIYAMOTO-SAN !!!!!!!!

I'm physchic. If I wanted your opinion I would have told you what it was.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2003, 04:57:16 PM »
Bah, i could own every single one of you with Samus or Mario. I find Mario is good in a 4 player melee, but Samus is good for a one-on-one deathmatch. SSBM owns!

Offline FinalC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2003, 06:05:29 PM »
Ness will f**k all up.
I am here no need a for a sig I am the sumpreme.

Offline Tekkena

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2003, 06:19:01 PM »
I started out with using Link for the first few months. Then I mastered Shiek. But to my surprise the strongest and hardest character to master in Ness. He is so powerful yet so agile. Whn I play with my best friend who is a melee freak, I use Ness against his Samus and Ganondorf, surprisely the most effective character I've ever played. Ness is the best.

Also, people don't seem to relise this but some characters are more suit for certain modes. For example, when I play Super Sudden Death and the lives are set on stock, I am invincble when I us Shiek. And when I play Stamina Mode with my best freind he is almost invincble with Ganondorf. I say almst cause sometimes when I use Ness in Stamina Mode I use my cheap "let eveybody attack eachother while I jump away from attacks and I attack them from afar.
"I am the holder of time, the keeper of evil, and the masters of dragons......."   Tekkena

Offline 220man

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2003, 07:46:24 PM »
Strange, I find ness quite useless really. Against your friend I suggest Peach. She is after all the character with the best tiers strongest attacks plus ............ she can fly ! I'm semi moderate with peach but then again I could smash every one here. My friend is the only person in the world who has defeated me, I reckon in a team battle we could cream every one here !

Let's have an online smash mail tournament ! Wadda say?
I'm physchic. If I wanted your opinion I would have told you what it was.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2003, 08:02:25 PM »
Ness is too slow for me, but he is a good character.  I'd say all the characters are equal in skill, it just depends who's using them.  See, even Jigglypuff can win Event Match 51 easily, unlike any other character.  I'm best with Marth, and others are best with Mario, Ness, Fox, etc.

Marth still rules, though.