Author Topic: Buying Sonic?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline 360

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Buying Sonic?
« on: May 30, 2003, 03:11:22 PM »
Just a quick headcount to see how many of you lot are going to be buying Sonic Heroes. I'd say these forums are a decent enough Gamecube userbase sample.

For those of you who haven't heard of it yet, or have heard very little, some information and screens are here:

Kikizo E3 2003 Hands-on Impressions

That's arguably the most comprehensive preview I've seen on the web so far, so that should act as a sufficient guide for those not in the knowhow.

It's Sonic, it's on Gamecube and every hands-on impression article I've read so far has claimed the game is shaping up to be much better than the old adventure series, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. The design, direction and gameplay supposedly all go back to Sonic's roots on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive - which is of course, a good thing.

Oh, the release date is currently Q1 2004 for all platforms. As with Sonic Adventure 2, it's likely to be a simultaneous worldwide release. Of course, the most exciting aspect of the game is that for once, it's new and not a port.

Anyway, you going to buy it?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Buying Sonic?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 03:41:33 PM »
Personally, I'm just glad we're getting a new Sonic game. Don't get me wrong- all the ports we've gotten are of great games, but now that we have the entire franchise transplanted to the Gamecube, we needed a brand new game. And Sonic Heroes's concept sounds great- I'll definitely be picking this thing up launch day.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline CRiXy

• View Profile
Buying Sonic?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 04:00:24 PM »
HahahaLOL, I still can't get over the fact that Sonic is now working for Nintendo, ahahahah.
Live in BC? (GVRD)
Wanna trade some games?
Email or ICQ me!

Offline ReallyScrued

• View Profile
Buying Sonic?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 04:18:19 PM »
hahah yeh, sonic on the nintendo scene, think he will b in the next super smash bros?  i hope he is, this isnt the place for it, but i hate how half the people in SSBM have the same moves ex: ganndorf and c.falcoln, sonic would be great with nintendo, i want sega and da big N to merge...the crappy methods of one company combined with anothers inability to keep a system on the market for more than a year will sure make a great outcome. the CUBECAST!
ScrUed

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
Buying Sonic?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 04:36:49 PM »
uh.... we all know the system is going to be called the DREAMCUBE, not the Cubecast...seesh
Aside from that, I don't really care for platformers outside of Mario...

Buying Sonic?
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 01:34:02 PM »
This is the Sonic I've always wanted for the Gamecube.  Finally, someone is giving the people what they want.  I was starting to lose faith in the entire industry because of the industry telling us what we want (heh hem.. wind waker anyone?)instead of actually giving us consumers what we want.  Its great.  I'm getting this, but not SAB3.
it was time for a change.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Buying Sonic?
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 02:49:45 PM »

Originally posted by: 360
Just a quick headcount to see how many of you lot are going to be buying Sonic Heroes. I'd say these forums are a decent enough Gamecube userbase sample.

This would be the very definition of a poll.  I suggest reading the rules.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers