Author Topic: Need Proof that Nintendo is NOT pulling out of console market  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Can someone like me to some articles please?  I have a skeptical (read: idiotic) friend saying otherwise.

"But CNN said it!"

Oh, yea, CNN, *cough cough.*
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Need Proof that Nintendo is NOT pulling out of console market
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 01:48:16 PM »
Your friend is an idiot. Nintendo has profited from the Gamecube since day 1 and MS has lost 1.5 billion dollars on the X-box. Analysts amaze me with their stupidity. The most profitable of the Big Three should pull out because they are second to Sony when it comes to installed userbase? What kind of logic is that. Yes I know MS claims to be number 2 but indepent numbers state that Nintendo otherwise. When Nintendo starts hemorraghing money that MS is when it comes to the X-box then and only then would they even consider leaving the console market.

Darc Requiem  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Mr. Jinks

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Need Proof that Nintendo is NOT pulling out of console market
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 01:57:02 PM »

Nintendo is in the software business -- to stay. Nintendo is in the handheld business -- to stay. And Nintendo is most certainly in the home console business -- to stay. Work is well underway on the successor technology to both Game Boy Advance and Nintendo GameCube.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/376/376063p9.html
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Need Proof that Nintendo is NOT pulling out of console market
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 02:54:25 PM »
There should be a rule against this: "OMG I need proof that my friend is stupid" garbage.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers