Author Topic: You know you have a problem when...  (Read 22974 times)

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
You know you have a problem when...
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2003, 05:47:42 AM »
I got my copy of Skies a month ago, and haven't had the time to play it!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE: You know you have a problem when...
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2003, 05:59:03 AM »
What the helll is  granola?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2003, 07:00:32 AM »
kind of like a wheatie thing that you pour milk on and eat with a spoon.  It's supposed to be good for you.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2003, 12:51:35 PM »
What are pizza pops?  That sounds like something you'd eat on a stick.  Ick!

Or does that mean a bite sized pizza thing?  Pop as in pop the whole thing in your mouth?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2003, 01:15:29 PM »
Ms. Pikmin, I have often wondered about you.  You claim that you are an older woman with children of her own, but that has never really sat right with me.  The biggest reason is simply that you are here.  This is a male dominated forum that caters not to just the hardcore gamer, but to the hardcore Nintendo fan.  There are female Nintendo fans out there, but not many of them are old enough to have kids.  Maybe I am just getting old, but I know that my mother would never ever be caught on these here forums.  It's possible, but the odds of your story being true are very remote.  Couple that with your knowledge that goes beyond someone having a mere passing interest in Nintendo games, and the story gets even more intriguing.  

So that leaves one of several options.

1.  You are a person not much different than myself who enjoys toying with other people online for the simple purpose of amusing yourself.
2.  You are who you claim to be.
3.  You are a younger girl who is trying to act older in order to get respect, which is often the case with young males.

#1 and #3 sit right even less with me than #2.  But those are the 3 options I have always tried to figure out about you.

Today, I read your posts in this thread though, and I have placed you firmly in #2.  You just remind me a lot of the person in my avatar at this moment.    At this point, I doubt I would believe you much if you now claimed to be otherwise.    I'm sorry for doing this analysis of you.  I really am.  I am just really tired right now as I have been up for too long, and I have to work a graveyard shift in 8 hours.  I tend to become overly philosophical when I am in such a state, and I felt I had to come out with this.  I hope that you don't think I am rejecting you or anything like that.  Quite the contrary in fact.  I can't speak for everyone here, but regardless of who you are, I have long since accepted you as one of us, and I think you are a fine asset to these forums.  I just find your presence here to be very interesting, as it shows how truly diverse Nintendo's audience is.  (E for everyone?)

And to answer your question, a Pizza Pop is a microwaveable dough pocket with a bunch of cheese, pizza sauce, and bits of meat and other pizza stuff on the inside.  They are pretty good, and they have about the same nutritional value as a pizza, but they are expensive.  In terms of size, they are about the size of one of my fists.  (I have small hands)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2003, 03:11:41 PM »
actually at wall-mart they have this awesoem brand of microwavable pizza..it tastes just like pizza..its crust is super flaky though...but boy is it awesome....also barbecue chicken pizza!!!! omg is that delicious..and i normally hate barbecue stuff. Man im hungry..i wonder what my momma is cookin.

edit: BEEFT STEW!!!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2003, 03:36:31 PM »
Hot Pockets.  They are awesome too, all different varieties too!!!!

Dinner for me was baked chicken, salad with sliced cucumbers, noodles.  I also don't like barbecue anything.  I used to when I was younger, but as I got older I just decided I don't like it anymore.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2003, 07:56:06 PM »
Bagel bites.

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2003, 05:53:53 AM »
Uh...wellll...uh...I don't really know how to respond Grey Ninja.  Now I really feel stupid and weird.  I never thought I'd actually post on this board.  When Gamecube launched I was excited because when I was young and Atari 2600 launched we couldn't afford it.  When I was in my very early 20's I did have a SNES but could only afford a few games.  Now, I have been able to get a Gamecube and a pretty good amount of games.  I started looking at this website at launch and have been ever since.  Something came up where I needed to ask a question, so I got a user name and did so.  From that point, maybe I let myself get too sucked in, but I started out just posting here and there.  Anyway, I am who I say I am.  I don't know what else to say.  

Also, don't think I'm angry or anything.  I just feel as I described above.  Another thing is that I don't know who that is in your avatar, so I don't know what to make of that statement.  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2003, 06:06:41 AM »
I'm sorry.  I really am.  I didn't want to make you feel stupid or weird or anything like that.  Not only are you perfectly welcome here, but you are a part of this forum.  You are one of us, and add your own unique presence to this forum.  I am sure that we are all glad that you are here.  Like I said, your posts in this thread have come to make me understand more about who you are, and I am pretty good at identifying the person behind the writing in most cases.  Basically, what I am trying to say is that there aren't enough people like you in the world.  The simple fact that we doubted you is proof enough of that.  I am glad that there are pioneers left in this world.  Thank you for the glimpse of your life at any rate.  

Anyways, I am very happy that you enjoy your GameCube.  Video games are truly one of the few things that man has created that does not have the potential to destroy the world and is ultimately good.

PS:  The person in my avatar is from the Playstation game, Xenogears.  I can't really provide much detail about her without giving some spoilers, but she is the mother of a character in the game.  She's a minor character, but I have always assigned a much deeper personality to her.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »
Gah- everytime I see your link to where you are in America's Army, Ninja, I always think by AA you mean Alcholics Anonymous. I keep thinking "Oh, what step is he on now?", then I think "No you moron, it means America's Army. GOD, how could I be so STUPID! I'm an IDIOT! I'm gonna KILL myself!!" I've got it all sorted out now, though.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2003, 09:15:20 AM »
KnowsNothing had question, KnowsNothing solved it himself, KnowsNothing knows something.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2003, 09:44:29 AM »
Heh.  Better Mouse Clicker?  I also updated the picture a little to show more data.  

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2003, 12:01:51 PM »
Grey Ninja, it's okay.  I understand your questioning who I am.  I guess I just get a little defensive about it.  The one time I mentioned that I was 33, I was replying to the thread about GBA being for 10 year olds.  The only person who said anything in direct response to my post said that if I was a 33 year old mom then he was a transvestite and blah blah blah.  I guess I just feel that my letting my age be known may have been a mistake.  Anyway, don't worry about it.  I know you are not trying be a jerk or anything.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2003, 12:54:22 PM »
You didn't have to change it, I was just pointing out my glitchy short term memory.

Anyway, I think it's great we've got a 33 year old mother on the boards- like Ninja pointed it, only the elitest of gaming nerds (those hardcore enough Nintendo fans to actually post multiple times on a fan site message board) come here and it's interesting to see that that title knows no limitations and stretches into all facets of soceity. It's not that far fetched, though- I remember a guy saying his Grandma was buying all the RPG rereleases on the GBA and playing them for the second time (after already having beaten them on the SNES). He also said she'd call him every so often to ask for help on FF8. It really proves that gaming, and Nintendo in particular, are for all ages.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2003, 08:39:46 AM »
they must ber a transvestite then...
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2003, 11:00:14 PM »
i wouldn't be surprised to find out the different groups of people that browse these forums. i wish that more people outside of the male, 12-20 year old group would make themselves known. Unfortunately for this board, at least recently, we've had a bad run with female posters who "came out".
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."