Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises with SPOILERS  (Read 54091 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Knight Rises with SPOILERS
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »
i'll accept that answer
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2012, 12:39:59 AM »
I don't.  Just about any one of those things can be found to not apply in one version or another of the Batman mythos.

The 60's Batman never goes into the origin.  We just accept that rich playboy Bruce Wayne is Batman.  So, you can leave out the part about him seeing his parents killed, the training, why he chose a bat as a disguise, etc.  Also, no Two-Face.

Heck, the original serials didn't have any recognizable villains in them.  And Robin isn't really a "boy".

Silver-Age Batman (and some other versions, along with the background cameo of the original Batsuit) had Batman getting his inspiration of the Batman costume from a costume his father wore at a costume party years ago.

Alfred wasn't always the former-secret agent character he's become.  He was originally just a portly butler to Wayne Manor.

Of course, all of this ignores the various elseworlds and alternate universe comics (and the handful of animated elseworlds tales).  An interesting one to look at would be Just Imagine... Stan Lee's Batman.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
Since Batman started as a comic book I would say that the DC Comics mainline continuity is the "proper" Batman canon.  Of course with all the pre and post Crisis stuff that in itself is complicated.  I haven't followed comics in a long time but I vaguely know that DC has had similar universe-altering events since then.  Still that makes a proper canon, just a very complicated one that involves multiple alternate universes merging into one, and that undoubtedly has plot holes and inconsistencies.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
Yeah, the "New 52" continuity is just screwy, and the writers don't seem to give two shits about it. I would take the current continuity to be the "official" canon, like Ian. Although, the film clearly sets and follows its own canon.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »
The DCAU continuity is by far the best one, and he one people should use
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
I'd like to see the one in Young Justice (eventhough I don't particularly care for the Joker in that one) be expanded upon to see what that could be like.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.