Author Topic: Request: Sonic Mega Collection  (Read 2606 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Request: Sonic Mega Collection
« on: July 29, 2003, 06:40:24 AM »
I was thinking of getting this game for my little brother for his birthday.  He's about the same age as when I got into Sonic, and we only own two games (Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles) and i thought it would be a great way to bring him into gaming.  We got him a baseball game last year (Home Run King) and it was too hard for him and rather, how do you say, not very good.  Sonic seems perfect.

What do you guys think of it?
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Request: Sonic Mega Collection
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 07:42:46 AM »
I got Sonic Mega Collection a few months ago. It's not the most-played game in my collection, but it's still really fun. The games haven't been changed at all, and I think they're simple enough for your brother (only use one button). It comes with Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3d Blast, Sonic Spinball, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Plus I think there are more you can unlock. Anyway either this or a 2D Mario game would be good to bring someone into gaming, because they're fun, but not too complicated.

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
RE:Request: Sonic Mega Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 10:21:22 AM »
I think Sonic Mega Collection would be nice for your brother. It's not too hard. I have a few problems with this game however... For one, the unlockable games are not very good (Flicky, Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Ristar) and it takes a lot of time to unlock them.
And I also think you get bored of this game pretty quickly. I used to have Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles (Hey! What a coincidence!) on Sega Genesis and I thought I'd love SMC. But when I got it, after a week I was like:" Meh...I'm bored..." That's just my input on it though
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
RE:Request: Sonic Mega Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 03:29:42 PM »
although it may get boring fast for a veteran game player,
for a first time player like your brother this game would be perfect, he wouldn't get bored with it because it's all brand new to him.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Request: Sonic Mega Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 01:23:02 PM »
Got the game August 23.  My bro says he likes it, and plays it once and I while, but i find myself playing it alot more.  It's fun, becuase now I don't have to bother with hooking up the Genesis and getting the games to work, and most of the games are brand new to me, too.

I wish it had a save option, but then it would all be too easy.  Kind of like Star Fox 64.  All-in-all, I think it's a solid buy.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa