Author Topic: 2012.  (Read 12274 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
I seriously think we may be approaching the end of humanity as we know it.

There are currently two videos making their rounds on Youtube.  They're 'music' videos.  I use the term 'music' very generously.  It's kinda like calling a triple rape/homicide an assault.

Now, because I have sympathy for my fellow forum goers, I'm not going to even link to the two videos.  In fact, if anyone links to one of the two videos, I'm going to give you a three day ban. :D

Seriously, I had to watch Friday to get these horrible images out of my head.

Why would anyone do this?  Maybe it's terrorists.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: 2012.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »
Metallica and Ja Rule once did a song together, and I defy you to find a worse song than that

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
Three Second Rule.  Look it up.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »
oh god this sounds offkey or something  hurrurghhlll

We Did It Again is still worse though!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
"We Built This City" came out in 1985 and the world survived.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
I am actively rooting for the end of the world.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
Quit being a trolling cock tease and post the goods, then 3day ban yourself for being a terrible poster.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 03:10:38 AM »
Quit being a trolling cock tease and post the goods, then 3day ban yourself for being a terrible poster.

I agree. Self titillation is the way to go.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »
Since Dick Clark is dead, we can't count down to the new year, so technically it will be 2012 forever, and thus the world will end in 2012.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 09:16:35 AM »
Hey, I like "We Built This City".  Though I will admit I don't remember the video and the lyrics make little sense.

Since Dick Clark is dead, we can't count down to the new year, so technically it will be 2012 forever, and thus the world will end in 2012.
Set Point.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »

I always liked to pretend they were singing "We Built This Shitty"
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »

I've seen that picture too.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
This is going to be just like last time UncleBob presented a mystery of his own making. Absolutely no follow through.

So, I got this e-mail the other day...
Hey TheUncleBob,

1 of the 500 lucky ones!! The Mystery Flavor activity is over, and Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner, you were chosen!! You are one of the 500 that will be receiving a delicious taste test can with a mystery DEW flavor. They will start arriving in a couple of weeks, and here's what we want YOU to do:

Tweet/Post on Facebook: We want you to cover every step, and tell the world what DEW sent you!
    Video: We want to see your OFFICIAL TASTE TEST on Facebook and in DEW Labs' Mystery Flavor Video activity!
    DEW Labs: Login, post on our Mystery Flavor Reax discussion that we will share with the rest of DEW Labs on what you THINK!

We want YOU to tell the world about your experience in these three easy ways and tell the world how much YOU love DEW!

So... what did I get in the mail today?

Gonna get some friends together and try it out.  Wonder if it'll be any good. :D

Ban him until he puts out.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »
lol, *digital High Five Oohhboy* Nice turn about.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »
Got him.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
"We Built This City" is a funny choice for Worst Song Ever but it's catchy and is not in any way painful to listen to.  The really bad part about it is that lyrics have a "keepin' it real" anti-sellout theme, when the song itself is total corporate pop-rock by a band that used to be a bunch of anti-establishment hippies.  The song is unintentionally hilarious.  The thing is I can listen to a song like that and enjoy myself in a MST3K kind of way.  I imagine it was pretty horrible when the song was current to hear it everyday but today, it's fine.

The worst for me is when a pop song is annoying.  "Who Let the Dogs Out?" is probably the worst pop song I've ever heard because it has no humour value.  It's just annoying and thus painful to listen to.  And it can stuck in your head so the pain of the song lingers (I'll bet me just mentioning it has shoved it in your head).

I can't stand to listen to Nickleback but their songs thankfully don't get stuck in my head.  That's actually related to my whole problem with them.  They have the sludgy grunge-lite sound but with none of the hooks that made bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam popular.  Their songs are not memorable or notable in any way.  It's like they've made a career out of bad Soundgarden filler tracks.  Painful to listen to but impossible for me to remember.

The worst music is non-melodic stuff which is really why I hate nu-metal so much as it seems to lack a melody.  I actually dislike thrash metal for much of the same reason.  Still the worst song ever is Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed.  The whole album is literally one song, split over four sides of a double LP, that consists entirely of looping guitar feedback.  I can't imagine anyone sitting down and listening to the whole thing.  It sounds like loud heavy machinery malfunctioning.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
Hopefully the world won't end in 2012, because if it does then that won't give us very much time to play with our Wii U's.
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »
What's funny is that when I think of the idea of world ending in 2012 I think to myself "I'm only 30.  I don't even have any kids yet.  I've got a lot of life left to live.  It seems unfair to not get a chance to live it while someone who was lucky enough to be born 40 years earlier got to live a full life."  But thinking about it SOMEONE has to have the world end on them while they're still young so I can't really argue that it's unfair since no matter what someone will have that happen to them.  Someone will have the misfortune of being born within 50 years or so of the end of the world.

The only possible exception would be if humanity ended like in Children of Men where the human race slowly dies out due to mass sterility.  In that case everyone will die out when their time comes regardless of when they were born.  But even then younger people would feel it would be unfair that the previous generation got to have children and they can't.  The morale of the story?  Life is unfair.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:00:44 PM by Ian Sane »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »
Ironically, I would be happy if the world suddenly just end.  I wouldn't have to worry about my family needing me after I was gone or them going before me.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
I've had a decent life so far. I've experienced quite a bit in the short amount of time I've been on this earth. It ending is fine by me.

The question is, would I rather know when I end or not?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »
Ironically, I would be happy if the world suddenly just end.  I wouldn't have to worry about my family needing me after I was gone or them going before me.

I agree... I'm not saying I want the world to end, but if it is going to end it is better if it happens quickly and as painlessly as possible.

But the way I can see the world ending in the near future based on whats happening in world news is maybe someone is going to start a war with Iran over their nuclear thing, and then at the same time while the U.S. is distracted with that North Korea might take the opportunity to invade South Korea, and then China might also get involved and invade Taiwan and with all that going on it would be a huge mess and nuclear weapons would probably get involved.

That's the most plausible way I can think of for how the world could end this year. Unfortunately if that does happen it isn't going to be quick or painless.
is your sanity...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »

I've seen that picture too.
And what picture would that be?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »
I don't have it anymore, but it had that exact sentence on it on memebase.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
Well then that's one of those one in a million things, I've never even heard of memebase. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has made such a comment, the joke basically makes itself.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »
The question is, would I rather know when I end or not?

Knowing when it comes could be pretty scary.  As you closed in on the date it would probably eat at you.  "Oh man, I die seven months from today."  Bleh.  Though in the film Big Fish the main character claims that as a kid he did find out how he was going to die from a witch.  In that situation, though, he knew it was a long way off and it made him feel optimistic about anything that was potentially life threatening because he knew that THIS isn't what gets him.  If you knew you died peacefully in your sleep at 90 as a happy man without any period of ill health then that would probably be nice to know.  Finding out that you die next year by being murdered by who you thought was your best friend would suck.  It's only to nice to know if the news is good.  Anything else would push you into despair.

Of course this assumes you can't change things.  If you do something to avoid a bad death that would be good to know.