Author Topic: The Legend of Korra [Season 4 airs in Jan/Feb for Australia]  (Read 123946 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 01:08:14 AM »
I hope Nickelodeon doesn't **** the scheduling this time around. With the original series, I was always upset that only a handful of season one episodes would air in regular rotation whereas new ones aired once (at a not good time for me) and seemingly never again. Though, over the years it got easier to watch the episodes online.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
If you had Nicktoons, then they've aired the series over and over again since 2008.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
You can nab the first two episodes for free on iTunes right now. Get them while you can.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »
So, anyone see the next episode today? My god, the show keeps getting better and better. And it felt like the animation was even a step up from the first two episodes. And Amon seems like a better and more involved villain than Ozai ever was.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »
The first few episodes got rid of any worries I had that they wouldn't be able to hold onto the magic of Avatar.

The choreography is amazing and the animation is leagues better than anything else out there.

All the small details are great.  For example, Aang ran away because he didn't want to be taken away from the air temple and what was basically his family so he set up the next Avatar's training to be different.  All the master's now come to where Korra lives so she isn't forced to leave her family and the people she cares about.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
...even though she ended doing so anyway. :P

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »
So, I have a theory.  Spoiler warning, not because I know anything that hasn't aired, but because I really think I'm right.

Anon is Katara's non-bending son.  Being the only non-bender in a family of such powerful and prominent benders would really do a number on your outlook of benders.  Also, the whole Energy Bending thing... tell me that didn't come from his father. 
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
Considering that Bumi (Katara's son) is even older than Tenzin (who is 51) , and based on the fact that we know what Bumi looks like already, that seems unlikely. Amon seems much younger than 50+.

Though I admit him knowing energy bending does give slight credence to your theory.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
I wasn't aware we've seen him or that it was said he was older?  I though they were just mentioned in the first episode...?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »
There's an image on Korra Nation of Aang's lineage. If you want more information like this, you should go on Korra's official website. It has info such as Zuko is still alive, with the fire lord duty going to his daughter. He's traveling the world as an ambassador of peace.

Here's the picture:

images.avatarspiritmedia.net/newsupdates/charactersheet.jpg

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »
oh man i just watched the 2 ep premiere and it already lived up to the hype. I loved the original avatar series and I'm excited for what's in store for this series. :D  I'll probably watch ep 3 tomorow.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
So, I have a theory.  Spoiler warning, not because I know anything that hasn't aired, but because I really think I'm right.

Anon is Katara's non-bending son.  Being the only non-bender in a family of such powerful and prominent benders would really do a number on your outlook of benders.  Also, the whole Energy Bending thing... tell me that didn't come from his father. 

While not necessarily exclusive from your theory I still like the idea that Koh stole his face and showed him how to energy bend. I don't see why being the Avatar's son would help him energy bend unless Aang taught him.

In Avatar, Aang talking to spirits, his past lives, entering the spirit world, and going into the Avatar state (when angry) were so natural to him and he would meditate a lot in general.  Korra doesn't seem to be able to do any of that even though she managed to learn a lot of bending before Aang did.

I expect journeys into the spirit world being very important as it was stated that she did not grasp the spiritual side of being the avatar and even Amon talked about the spirits helping him.  Meditating is a big part of her air bending training and I hope to get a look at adult Aang soon when she manages to speak to her past lives.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
I don't think a spirit would burden themselves with the happenings of the real world. Not to sound like a jerk, but I hate all the theories throughout the years of him being behind a bunch of stuff.

Plus, Amon's claim that he is being led by the spirits is probably an utter lie. Same with his supposed "backstory". Probably just propaganda for his cause.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:37:42 PM by Oblivion »

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 01:26:44 AM »
THE LEGEND OF KORRA is the GAME OF THRONES for kids. I can't believe how good it is. I mean, I loved the original series, but this might already be even better. It is darker and waaay more complex. I mean, the Equalists are RIGHT. They're right! THE BAD GUY IS RIGHT. Also Amon is terrifying. 

But seriously people. I can safely sat that this show, A FREAKING KIDS CARTOON, is right up there with MAD MEN, BREAKING BAD, and GAME OF THRONES on my current personal faves list. You need to be watching it.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 02:00:10 AM »
It's a pretty dope show. The pace of it is mindboggling. I don't know how long the first season is suppose to be but if it keeps up this pace, I can see us getting through the main arc in 9 episodes.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 07:02:42 AM »
THE LEGEND OF KORRA is the GAME OF THRONES for kids. I can't believe how good it is. I mean, I loved the original series, but this might already be even better. It is darker and waaay more complex. I mean, the Equalists are RIGHT. They're right! THE BAD GUY IS RIGHT. Also Amon is terrifying. 

But seriously people. I can safely sat that this show, A FREAKING KIDS CARTOON, is right up there with MAD MEN, BREAKING BAD, and GAME OF THRONES on my current personal faves list. You need to be watching it.

i know right? it's awesome watched ep 3 and i freaking loved it

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
It's a pretty dope show. The pace of it is mindboggling. I don't know how long the first season is suppose to be but if it keeps up this pace, I can see us getting through the main arc in 9 episodes.

This is pretty much how it'll be. The first season is supposed to be 12 episodes. Then they extended it to 26. I couldn't see them being in Republic City for the whole series so maybe if Amon's arc gets wrapped up they can introduce some new villain or wrap up some loose ends from the first series.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »
I think I've told this story before, but when I started watching the show, my wife was making fun of me.

When they aired the last episodes (as a 'movie'-like event), I was watching it in the bedroom with her.  She fell asleep halfway through, but when I was done watching, I deleted it from the DVR.

The next day, she was pissed at me for deleting it.  She had gotten into it.  I bought the DVDs and we watched the whole series 1-4 episodes a night. :D

She really liked it.  And if I can get my wife to like animation that isn't Archer/Frisky Dingo/Aqua Teen, then it's gotta be good. :D

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
I mean, the Equalists are RIGHT. They're right! THE BAD GUY IS RIGHT. Also Amon is terrifying. 

Wanting to get rid of the people who built the city, provide all the electricity, police the city and are the center of what seems to be the most popular entertainment for the people doesn't seem like the right thing to do because it isn't.  Benders certainly aren't the cause of every war like Amon said and they typically felt the brunt of the last war, ie the genocide of the airbenders, the oil rig earthbender prisons, and the hellish prisons they kept waterbenders in. I'm pretty sure the earth king wasn't even a bender, or at least never showed it, so nonbenders are in positions of power.  Also consider that if Amon can energy bend he should also be able to make all people benders if he really wanted to.

As always it is all about balance.  Everyone has there place much like Sokka in the original group.   Actually, Sokka being a non-bender with the avatar is extremely important in retrospect now that this season has started.

I don't think a spirit would burden themselves with the happenings of the real world. Not to sound like a jerk, but I hate all the theories throughout the years of him being behind a bunch of stuff.

Plus, Amon's claim that he is being led by the spirits is probably an utter lie. Same with his supposed "backstory". Probably just propaganda for his cause.

The spirits are connected to the real world though as we saw throughout the original show.  They would have no desire to do something like rule the world as many crazy fan theories say but I find teaching a man to energy bend to be very possible.  I too hated those theories as I find that people being the villains is much more compelling and I expect Korra to have men be the villains again with spirit involvement in some way much like the original show.

The spiritual side of things is obviously going to be very important in this show considering the emphasis we see put on it.  We don't find out Korra can't airbend until well after we hear that she has difficulty with the spiritual side of bending several times.  The first time Tenzin is talked about he is mentioned as "Mr. Spiritual" not the only airbending master in the world.  Korra can't even meditate right now.  I predict that much like Aang learning the elements we are going to see Korra learning about how the Avatar is the bridge to the spirits considering how many times it has been mentioned and this is what will help her restore balance between benders and nonbenders.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:16:10 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »
I wonder if that old Indian guy is alive. You know who I'm talking about....Guru something. Anyway, those scenes of Aang working through his Chakras is one of my favorites. I'd love for Korra to go through the same thing, but I know it wouldn't have an emotional impact as Aang's scene did. I mean....the scene for his Love Chakra where he saw all his past airbenders/family is incredibly sad and one of the most powerful in the series.

As for who Amon is, I don't know and I'm perfectly fine with that.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
Considering Guru Pathik was already 150 years in the events of the first series, I doubt it.

And the only reason Aang went through that is because he needed a quick an easy way to master the Avatar State. I doubt Korra will need that.

Actually, I can't wait for Korra to glowy on someone's ass.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
I mean, the Equalists are RIGHT. They're right! THE BAD GUY IS RIGHT. Also Amon is terrifying. 

Wanting to get rid of the people who built the city, provide all the electricity, police the city and are the center of what seems to be the most popular entertainment for the people doesn't seem like the right thing to do because it isn't.  Benders certainly aren't the cause of every war like Amon said and they typically felt the brunt of the last war, ie the genocide of the airbenders, the oil rig earthbender prisons, and the hellish prisons they kept waterbenders in. I'm pretty sure the earth king wasn't even a bender, or at least never showed it, so nonbenders are in positions of power.  Also consider that if Amon can energy bend he should also be able to make all people benders if he really wanted to.

As always it is all about balance.  Everyone has there place much like Sokka in the original group.   Actually, Sokka being a non-bender with the avatar is extremely important in retrospect now that this season has started.

Well, yes. I posted this immediately after watching the episode and was excited. You're right. But the guy is making not terrible points while also going to extremes to make them. I get where he's coming from. In the third episode, I understand the villain. This is a huge success.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:53 AM »
So, have you all seen the shitstorm that the Korra fandom calls Tumblr? Late last night the next episode was leaked, and every single single started killing each other over all the ship teases in the next episode.

We get a new member of the Korralition, Asami, daughter of Sato, the man who invented the Satomobile. She's basically a rich girl with a kickass motorcycle.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m32f7wjLAS1qhlhwio1_500.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m326d1nz2K1qgfu3z.jpg

Also, along with the leaked episode is a picture of what (APPARENTLY) Amon looks without his mask.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m31rcy0Vfs1qbtacbo1_500.jpg
It's apparently from a later episode titled, "Skeleton in the Closet" and the fandom has guessed that it will feature the question of Amon's indentity. Apparently Tenzin has a dream and sees Amon become his father, Aang. We figure that because that subtitle says, "I am your father." Yes, that's what Aang looked like in his old age.

So yeah, loads of interesting stuff.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »
An amazing episode today, full of a ton of awesome moments. So far, I'm liking the lack of filler in this show, especially compared to the first series. And that flashback...now we know what Toph, Sokka, and Aang looked like in their prime. And I can't wait to hear more about that thing Aang dealt with 40 years before the show that was mentioned.

Tarrlock is complete scum and Asami is a nice addition to the show, even though it's causing a huge love square.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 12:18:19 AM »
The last episode was more like Avatar: Legend of Love Square, amiright?

I mean, it was fine. But I'd rather that stuff come out organically as the series went on instead of having an entire episode dedicated to it. Hopefully it pays off down the line but this last episode was as close to a misstep as the series has had in these five episodes.