Author Topic: Project Backlog 2.0  (Read 5921 times)

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Project Backlog 2.0
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »
Sorry if I steal a little of your thunder KMJ, but I'm doing basically the same thing this summer. Now I already know that some of these 31 odd games are not good. However, I for one reason or another possess them, and am therefore going to finish them. Comment on the dismal state my backlog has become after two years of almost exclusively playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band if you wish. I'll be taking a brief hiatus from those and try to knock out as many of these as possible, during the breaks I have between working on college apps. Chrono Trigger would appear on this list, but my DS, with the cart inside, was stolen.. :(

Key
Green
= Completed
Orange = Work in progress
Red = Not started

The List of Shame
Blue Dragon
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Banjo-Tooie
Chibi-Robo
Cool Spot SNES
DEATH BY CUBE XBOX 360
Dragon Warrior NES
Final Fantasy 4 DS
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Gradius NESLuigi's Mansion
Mega Man 3
Mega Man Zero Collection
Metroid II
Metroid Prime
Mini Ninjas XBOX 360
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Picross 3D
Pikmin
Prince of Persia Classic XBOX 360
Retro Game Challenge
Sonic 2 GEN
Sonic 2007 XBOX 360
Sonic and Knuckles GEN
Sonic Unleashed XBOX 360
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed XBOX 360
Super Mario Sunshine
The Lion King SNES
Wario Land 3
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link NES
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:04:02 PM by jrlibrarian »
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Project Backlog 2.0
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 07:35:21 AM »
The List of Shame
Blue Dragon
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Episode 212 should have when James played this game or the one before)
Banjo-Tooie
Chibi-Robo
Cool Spot SNES
DEATH BY CUBE XBOX 360
Dragon Warrior NES
Final Fantasy 4 DS
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Gradius NES
Infinite Undiscovery
Luigi's Mansion(Another game I like to eventually get)
Mega Man 3
Mega Man Zero Collection(I want to get this but only beat the first one.)
Metroid II
Metroid Prime(Did you even play GameCube?  I have to say this is the Ninja Turtles 2 of the GameCube.)
Mini Ninjas XBOX 360
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door(I share this one as well.  Only got it recently been playing through.  I like it.  If you like Super Paper Mario from a look and feel perspective or Mario and Luigi you'll get a kick out of this)
Picross 3D
Pikmin(Need to get a copy myself)
Prince of Persia Classic XBOX 360
Retro Game Challenge
Sonic 2 GEN(Not a bad game.  I enjoyed it back in the day and I still have and use the shirts that came with it.)
Sonic 2007 XBOX 360
Sonic and Knuckles GEN(I enjoyed this game.  Especially combined with Sonic 2 for Knuckles.)
Sonic Unleashed XBOX 360
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed XBOX 360
Super Mario Sunshine (With playing Galaxy before this one might ruin it a bit but, you really should play it with its hyrdrophobic Yoshi on an Island.)
The Lion King SNES
Wario Land 3
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link NES(This has been in my Backlog for 20 Years.  I come back to it every once in a while.  This is a game that could definetly benefit from Save States or just saving when you enterred a castle.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:18:21 AM »
Just for reference, I never owned a Gamecube until very recently, and I do not own a Wii or 3DS.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »
I thought you had a Wii.  Great!  You'll enjoy Super Mario Sunshine even though it has its frustrating parts.  Once you clear try Jungle Beats and Battlion Wars.  If you really love Metroid Prime then play Prime 2.  If you only like it and think its ok skip it, *hides from Dr. Metts*.  Also I be amiss to not mention Super Monkeyball.

A lot of Sonic their.  Which games do you have under your belt?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 06:14:28 AM »
"Infinite Undiscovery"  Bleh barely recall that game, it's not something you should waste your time on there's plenty of better RPGs.

I enjoyed Blue Dragon but it's very old-school meaning it's more about grinding than any real strategy.

I would focus on Pikmin, Sunshine, and Paper Mario and maybe a little Prime to go along with that.  4 games that you really shouldn't skip though I'm guilty of not finishing MP too.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »
A lot of Sonic their.  Which games do you have under your belt?

I've played through the original 4, but on the Mega Ultra Super Whatever Collection on the first Xbox. I beat them all with heavy use of save states, and now I'm trying to go back and beat them for real, since the carts don't have that feature. I've also beat the DS RPG, which I actually enjoyed.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
"Infinite Undiscovery"  Bleh barely recall that game, it's not something you should waste your time on there's plenty of better RPGs.

I'll take your word on that and just remove it from my list. I have many better games I could play first, and I can always come back to it later. Or sell it.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »
Mega Man Zero Collection:

I'm playing through all 4 games on the easy mode, just to see everything. I started the first Mega Man Zero, but soon ran into a roadblock where it was too difficult for me to continue. I'll probably go back and attempt to beat them later, but for now, easy mode is where it's at. After starting this morning, I already beat Mega Man Zero on Easy, and am about to move on to Two. I love it so far, and hope that it gets even better as the series continues.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »
I liked Zero a lot more when I couldn't read the text and the end was a secret. Still a good game.  Haven't played the other yet.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
Pokémon Platinum

Been a while since I've played a Pokémon game, so I figured I might as well get a new one since they're all so similar. This one is especially similar, I'm having trouble differentiating this game from Emerald. Aside form the obvious of being in a new country and adding some new Pokémon, there's really not much new and different, so this one felt like playing the same game more than any other one in the series. Sure, some new features like online are nice, but the core gameplay is exactly like Emerald.

Well, except for the contests, they added a new section to them and changed up the way they work. They're actually a pretty interesting deviation from the typical Pokémon battle, so it's a shame that they are nothing but a completely optional diversion and are not integral to the progression at all. They also take too much preparation for the later contests... but that's actually a widespread problem in the whole game.

Building a competent team for things like the Battle Frontier just takes far too long. There are too many  tasks that need to be done, including elements left up to random chance, such as IVs and natures. It's a long and tedious process that I've never bothered with because it's just so incredibly boring, and I have no idea how people find that kind of grind fun. The game also does an extremely poor job explaining it all as well, further limiting the number of people who could enjoy the extra modes of the game.

It may sound strange to say it, but Pokémon needs to become more accessible. It shouldn't take so long and be so random to create a good team, there are tons of ways to streamline this process so that everyone could get into it instead of a select few hardcore nuts. It should also be possible to catch all Pokémon within one game, without having to trade. Not even half of the Pokédex is available in Platinum, which is just stupid, especially when the slogan is “Gotta catch 'em all!” More like, “Gotta trade for 'em all and end up with Monz with phallic names!” Lastly, after nine versions, they still haven't created a good box storage system.

Oh well, the core gameplay is still solid so I enjoyed playing it, but am also disappointed that this series has yet to reach its full potential.

Offline zachs1997

• Mr. Yuk Is Mean! Mr. Yuk is Green!
  • Score: -47
    • View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 10:57:50 PM »
ok so i dont have a backlog (exsept for some  :@ cause they are so damn hard) because i am young. My wall of shame is games that i need to buy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:59:45 PM by zachs1997 »
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com