Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 367605 times)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
The only time I'd ever even consider rooting for the Ravens is when they're playing the Steelers. Go Niners.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Okay, NOW I'm really upset that the Hawks lost to the Falcons.  We should have totally had them beat because they just did the exact same blow-a-big-lead choke job yesterday only without the other teams defense forgetting how to play for the last 30 seconds.  The Seattle defence should be ashamed of themselves because the Falcons are NOTHING.

I don't really like either Superbowl team that much though the Niners are a division rival of the Hawks so I really can't cheer for them.  Plus John Harbaugh comes across as a friendly guy while Jim Harbaugh comes across like a jerk.  And something about Colin Kaepernick just bugs me.  I think its his look.  He's got this dumb little goatee and tattoos, it looks immature.  I expect a more distinguished look from quarterbacks.  The Niners had Montana and Young and then tattoo boy?  Tattoos and weird hair and such all seems perfectly fine with other positions but it does not fit my mental image of a quarterback.  I guess I'm just being an old fogey but, hey, you need to find some reason to pick sides in a Superbowl that your team isn't in it.

Of course if I was born in a different time maybe I would have found Joe Namath and Ken Stabler as too wild looking to fit my quarterback image.  Instead I think those guys are super cool.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Well, it was a Hollywood ending.

By way of Robert Blake.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Right now I wish I had Madden. I need to at least feel a virtual San Francisco victory so I could laugh in Ray Lewis' face on my TV.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
Well the team I was rooting for won, so that was nice.  Though Ray Lewis worked overtime to make me regret picking his team.  He more or less stated that God chose the Ravens to win the Superbowl, as if the 49ers were a bunch of unclean reprobates.  Oh and he took credit for Jacoby Jones' amazing kickoff return by claiming he lay his hands on his chest prior to the play.  So not only is he God's favourite football, but Ray Lewis is apparently some kind of FOOTBALL JESUS who lays his hands on the sick, giving them miraculous football skills.

Though all this demonstrates is that I cannot wait for this goofball to be some sort of analyst on TV, for that Don Cherry "what-the-****-is-he-talking-about?" factor.  I have always found Ray Lewis entertaining in that way.  He's like some pro wrestler spouting off wackjob promos.

Every year I complain about this but here in Canada we don't get all the Superbowl ads that are apparently so interesting.  See there is a law that if both a Canadian and American channel are showing the same program at the same time, the cable company is forced to transfer the feed to the Canadian one.  So I can select CBS as my channel but I'm forced to watch the CTV feed no matter what.  So I just get the same lame ads I always get and have no fucking clue what anyone online is talking about Monday morning.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:22:49 PM by Ian Sane »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Well the team I was rooting for won, so that was nice.  Though Ray Lewis worked overtime to make me regret picking his team.  He more or less stated that God chose the Ravens to win the Superbowl, as if the 49ers were a bunch of unclean reprobates.  Oh and he took credit for Jacoby Jones' amazing kickoff return by claiming he lay his hands on his chest prior to the play.  So not only is he God's favourite football, but Ray Lewis is apparently some kind of FOOTBALL JESUS lays his hands on the sick and giving them miraculous football skills.

Though all this demonstrates is that I cannot wait for this goofball to be some sort of analyst on TV, for that Don Cherry "what-the-****-is-he-talking-about?" factor.  I have always found Ray Lewis entertaining in that way.  He's like some pro wrestler spouting off wackjob promos.

Every year I complain about this but here in Canada we don't get all the Superbowl ads that are apparently so interesting.  See there is a law that if both a Canadian and American channel are showing the same program at the same time, the cable company is forced to transfer the feed to the Canadian one.  So I can select CBS as my channel but I'm forced to watch the CTV feed no matter what.  So I just get the same lame ads I always get and have no fucking clue what anyone online is talking about Monday morning.
Don't feel bad.  I watched the Superbowl online so to my knowledge the Samsung Galaxy commercial with the lazy work lady was played every commercial break.  Also we never figured out the Coke race and Dandruff Unilever commercial was also on a lot.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
They sucked. Not even remotely funny.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Worst year for SB commercials ever.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I have to disagree, most of them were pretty good. The PSY pistachio one was weird, and the GoDaddy ones were boring, but a lot of them were great. Like the touching baby Clydesdale one. Very good year for Super Bowl commercials, much better than last year.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• View Profile

Just the M&M commercial from last year beats every commercial this year hands down.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
This years M&Ms commercial was really funny
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
Meh

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
I did get a couple.  I got the pistachio one and my parents were completely befuddled and were asking me what the point of it was and why young people like it, you know, because I'm under 40 so obviously "Gangnam Style" is exactly the sort of music I must listen to and thus can explain the appeal of.  No, Mom, it's just some dumb pop song idiots like that I didn't even know existed until like three months after it was popular.  Sometimes (or perhaps I should say "frequently") dumb **** becomes popular and they reference it in Superbowl commercials.

I did also get to see the Samsung ad and it was pretty funny.  Other than that it was CTV ads for their own shows that are actually American shows that they have the Canadian rights to and the same Van Kam ads that have literally been airing since I was a kid.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
The commercials blew lots of goats this year.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
You guys are in the minority, as most people thought this years commercials were really good.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Are you physically capable of having your own opinion?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Yes, but it seems like sometimes some people here aren't. I already liked the Super Bowl commercials, it was after that I looked and saw that most people liked the commercials this year

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
Are you physically capable of having your own opinion?

Can this be the inspiration for TJ Spyke's next title change?

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
Who gives a ****? They're fucking commercials. At best, they're cynical, soulless things designed to sell you ****.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
No at best they are hilarious sketches designed to sell me ****.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
Even when they're clever and effective, like the cat herding one is and so few others are, they're still just commercials. They're still cynical and soulless. WHO CARES? Apparently a lot of people here as I've been downvoted four times for ****-talking them. SORRY TO OFFEND YOU SO SORRY.

Nothing during this year's Super Bowl came close to the cat herding. Or that Google search bar ad a couple years ago. Or the eternal gold standard, Ridley Scott's 1984 Apple ad. The only ads I remember from two days ago are the ones that pissed me off.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
Who cares, indeed.

They are just commercials. Why do you let it bother you? If you really want to do something about it, go Banksy on their corporate asses.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
That's a good idea. brb gonna go learn how to do street art.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I find the overwhelming majority of commercials both unfunny and unproductive. I don't watch much tv though, so maybe I'm just missing the deluge of awesome commercials.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent