Author Topic: YOU'VE BEEN REJECTED!! Oh well...  (Read 2947 times)

YOU'VE BEEN REJECTED!! Oh well...
« on: May 05, 2003, 12:29:55 PM »
Well... I just got word from my parents that the college I was hoping to transfer to -- SUNY Binghamton -- just shot me down and said "NO!"  

On the upside, though, I'll still be where I'm at, where I already have established my name through my radio show and in the dorms.  Plus, pretty much all of my friends here, both guys and girls, didn't want me to leave anywayz, so in the end, it's all good!  Just goes to show where my friends are at!

Gaming is more than entertainment, it's a lifestyle.

USA Allied Wallpaper

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 01:51:05 PM »
you know your like a new member to these forums...and you know what? your one fo the few that hasn't came across like an idiot. Keep up the good work.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: YOU'VE BEEN REJECTED!! Oh well...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 04:23:40 PM »
yep, nice avatar too! too bad about the college thing :\ but yes, friends > *

at the other one you may have not had anyone to game with tragedy!

Offline Praxius

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 06:59:16 AM »
Well as the old saying goes "Everything happens for a Reason."

You'll probably realise that it wasn't something you really wanted to do after all..... or perhaps you just needed the extra time to prepare yourself for something else if you apply again to there.

And rejection is not always a bad thing as you seem to relaize. Good Luck anyways with what you do. These things always steer us into new and unpredictable directions which help make our lives less boring in a way.
*Exit The Prax*

RE: YOU'VE BEEN REJECTED!! Oh well...
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 08:35:06 AM »
Wow, thanx everyone.  I pretty much prepared myself ahead of time for rejection -- transfer students hold second tier to new students at Binghamton, especially this year.

Praxius: Good words of wisdom, my friend.  I enjoy thinking on the deep end of the pool, as it were.

Thanx for your support.  In the long run, I'm sure this will all work out.
Gaming is more than entertainment, it's a lifestyle.

USA Allied Wallpaper

Offline Praxius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 09:29:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm known over at PlanetHalfLife's Forums as being quite the talker and one to go off on something that blows through my head from time to time. np
*Exit The Prax*

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 03:14:29 PM »
Hey sorry to hear about that man. College sux my brother is always complaining about it but hell he goes to one of the hardest and very expensive schools in the country (Carnegie Mellon).
I am the prince of all Sayains once again!!!!

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 08:34:29 PM »
I'm an idiot.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 08:44:26 PM »
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Last year I decided my life needed a desparate change so I went job hunting and applied for a really crappy job that in truth I didn't really want but was REJECTED and was a bit pissed off that I didn't get. BUT AS LUCK WOULD have it, my sister in law's sister told me about an opening at her job...... this is a job I DID NOT WANT and did NOT care for........ But I actually got it ( got hired & was on the job within 3 hours ). Long story short I LOVE my new job, I make between DOUBLE and TRIPLE the amount of money as the job I lost ( I made $12,000 in November ) and my benefits plan is considered among the best benefit plans in the U.S. ( I am part of the Motion Picture health plan ) plus I see the newest movies free and well in advance of everyone. I am the one who posted topics about Lord of the Rings: Two Towers and X-Men 2 spoilers. Now IF I had taken the first job..... my life would really suck now BUT now I am making really good money, have a pretty decent amount in the bank, I am slowly but surely erasing a mountain of debt, and pretty happy.
So sometimes it is better that things don't work out. Although if that is the school you want to really go to... keep trying.