Author Topic: Hockey Discussion: The Leafs Would Like To Borrow Taylor Hall's Horseshoe  (Read 185475 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Hockey Discussion
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »
And after tonight's win over Montreal, the Flyers now sit alone in in 1st place in the division. Not bad for a team that was in last and in a 10 game losing streak three months ago.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2018, 02:06:19 PM »
Woa! They're sitting above the Caps and Pens for the moment. This whole season has been exciting. The Avs are somehow way above the Blackhawks and the Oilers and even with the injuries and lazy playing, the Ducks are currently third in the Pacific. Works for me, I'd rather the Ducks take on the Flyers for the cup. Now if the Kings can somehow lose their edge and fall out of the wildcard completely, I will be a happy, happy camper.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2018, 02:06:15 AM »
What's your take on the Ducks this season, IDK?

I've been watching a couple of their games of lately because I'm getting hyped for playoffs and want to see how they're doing now that they've mostly got their roster back from injury but they seem to be playing the worst hockey I've seen them play in years. They're hard to watch. I'm glad they're winning right now but I wish they looked a bit better in doing so.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »
[sports nerd voice]
The last few weeks have been super exciting and every game from here on out will be big ones so hold on--it's gonna get bumpy! I wish they were in a more secure spot like they were in years past, but I'm loving the excitement of a 5-way playoff race.

Have they been playing bad lately? Ehh. Since Feb 6 their only Reg losses have been Det, Ari (wtf), Nash, Dal, and STL, but in the same span they had FIVE shutout wins. The Avs had a 10-game winning streak this season, whereas the Ducks have yet to win or lose more than 4 in a row, and yet they're tied. I was rooting for the Avs against the Kings last night, but they allowed FOUR goals by Kopitar, so, since the Flames are essentially out, I'm not too worried about the Ducks' chances. Kesler to shut Kop or Ovechkin down. Henrique and Rakell as secret weapons. Kase and Cogliano for speed and shorthanded goals. All they need to do is:
  • stop falling asleep in the second period
  • don't let the other team charge at them every time they get the puck
  • pray for the Blues and Stars to lose
  • come up with a plan for beating the Preds
  • stay out of the penalty box
  • keep putting pucks on net
  • keep playing our game
  • find ways to win
The next mega game is against the Kings on the 30th (10pm ET). Maybe we should all hop in Discord and chat.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2018, 03:29:50 AM »
I guess I need to get my mindset back to the days of classic Ducks hockey like the 2003 Cup run where teams pummel the Ducks with shots but the goalie stands on his head and the few seconds they get in the opposing team's zone they score and win the game.

I watched their loss to Dallas, their win against the Flames and saw parts of the game tonight against the Jets in between the Pens/Devil game and they just seem unable to force the play against opponents and are always reacting. It didn't help that Getzlaf was out of the line-up though it goes to show how dependent the team seems to be on every player being in their normal position in the line-up. Lose one guy in any of the top three lines and it just seems to ruin the effectiveness of the line and ripples down depending on which line it is.

The Ducks continue to be blessed in goal and even though I liked Andersson more, Gibson has become the goalie Brodreau praised and talked about him becoming. At the same time, Ryan Miller has proven to be a really good pick-up and has been playing some of his best hockey in years so if one goes down, the other can take over the job without fear of the team collapsing from a weak goalie in net. It's one of the reasons the Penguins have been so dominant the last couple playoff runs. Having Murray and Fluery kept the position solid no matter which one you put in net.

Their top three lines are pretty good as well. They might not be as dominant as other top lines as some other teams but they're definitely top half of the league, at least. The problem is that the lines aren't producing that well. Rakall's been huge for them this year and I was surprised about the Vatanen for Henrique trade but I'm glad they made it because Henrique has been another bright spot. Frankly, I think the third line of Henrique, Kase and Ritchie may be my favorite line of the Ducks right now. I don't know if it is a combination of age and injuries keeping player back this year from previous years but they are goal starved. There are 10 teams that have currently scored less goals than the Ducks this year and all those teams are out of a playoff spot. The Ducks are the lowest goal scoring team out of all the teams currently qualifying for the playoffs. That's probably also why their powerplay ranks so low in the game. And as for the fourth line, I just hope those players get their shifts over as quickly as possible without hurting the team. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on Derek Grant as he seems to be the only decent part of that fourth line but this is clearly a 3 line team in the playoffs.

On the flip side, only 5 other teams have allowed less goals than the Ducks. Three of those are Nashville, Winnipeg and Boston. The other two are, surprisingly, LA and St. Louis. I'd say it is pretty much because of the defensive efforts of the Ducks that they are still in the playoff hunt and I'm still expecting they will make it in for the playoffs again this year. I like the top four defensemen the Ducks have of Fowler, Manson, Lindholm and Montour. It really sucks how Vegas was able to take Theodore in the draft though. I can't believe Beauchemin is back with this team and still playing for them. Yet, I kind of prefer him playing over Bieksa. I can't really comment on Pettersson too much since he's new to me but I have noticed him in the games I watched and for good stuff on his part so I'm kind of positive on him but he's still unproven. So, as far as defense goes, it's a pretty strong top 4 and so-so bottom defensive pairing. Unfortunately in playoffs, a poor third defensive pairing can sink a team. I've watched it happened to the Capitals and Sharks when they faced the Penguins in the 2015 cup run.

So, they're a still good team despite some of the turnover from the last few years. They've won the Pacific Division, what, five years in a row now up to this point? That talent is still there and as San Jose proved with their cup run that even as some of the core get older there's still an opportunity for this group to make a run like that with a mix of old and new. I do think there is a slight lack of depth near the bottom of this team in the fourth line and third defensive pairing but if the forwards can all start producing with better regularity while maintaining the defensive ability so far then they could be back in consideration as one of the top teams in the league and a cup contender. I still feel this team has the make-up to win the Pacific and get it to the Western Conference Final again. What happens after that might depend on who they face. Game 6 against Nashville last year was a frustrating game as they should have won that and taken them to a Game 7 at least. In my mind, if they could match-up like that last year against Nashville then they aren't that overmatched in a series against them even if Nashville has gotten a bit stronger than last year even. The Ducks younger guys got to go through 3 playoff rounds so they also got a lot of playoff experience. If they can get back to that third round that's just going to keep helping this team for the future in playoff competition.

Of all the points you listed, stay out of the penalty box is, for me, the biggest thing they need to learn and do. It is the team's kryptonite in the playoffs. I think the problem goes back to after the lock-out and when they added Chris Pronger. They got the reputation as the Big Bad Ducks for awhile because they were a hard-hitting team and prone to taking a lot of penalties. It didn't matter much on their way to a cup because the team was stacked and they had Pronger and Scott Niedermayer on defense (along with Beauchemin in his prime) so they could kill a lot of penalties and get away with them. (Although I think it is that very thing which cost them an early round exit in 2007 when they still had a stacked enough team to go much further than that.) It seems that Big Bad Duck attitude has still stuck around with the team and sometimes they get too caught up in trying to hit and retaliate against the opposition instead of just playing through it and it costs them a few games which then becomes the series. I look at 2015 as the most recent example of this. The first two games, the Ducks were just caught up in trying muscle around the Predators and went to the box repeatedly dropping the first two games of the series. They finally started playing with discipline after that and almost came back but ended up falling in Game 7 for a first round exit and the end of Brudreau's coaching tenure. The fact that they won 3 of the next 4 always irked me because it was a sign to me that they should have won that series and could have if they had played a whole lot smarter in the first two games instead of getting lost in intimidation games against the Preds. At least, the Pens won the Cup that year so it removed the sting but it was still another wasted season when that Duck team had so much going for it.

Anyways, to your point about Discord, it's an interesting idea. Don't know how much I'd have to chat about during a game but why wait until the Kings? All games are kind of Mega for the Ducks right now. Why not try it this Sunday with one of my favorite matches, Ducks vs Edmonton?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:34:51 AM by Linkle Link »

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2018, 11:59:10 PM »
Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! Ducks!

Dang, this guy knows his stuff. And he's Canadian!

That Jets game was horrendous. Only by the good grace of John Gibson was it not 13-2. It was like a whole 60min penalty kill with a few lucky goals in their favor. They can't keep pushing for the cup playing as the Big Bad Ducks forever; they need faster players. However, if they can somehow keep Henrique next year and Patrick Eaves rises from his grave, I'd overlook management's continued stubbornness.

Getzlaf-Rakell-Eaves
Kesler-Silfverberg-Cogliano
Perry-Henrique-Kase
Vermette-Ritchie-Selanne Force Ghost

Now that's a Star Trek!

I can't really comment on the newer players either. Patterson, Grant, and Chimera all seem to be temporary stopgaps whenever the lines need to be shuffled for an injury, but Grant is getting the goals, so he can stay. JT Brown seems a little quiet so far, might need to trade him. Bieksa and Beauchemin are both too old and gotta go this summer.

One last thing. Do other teams have mini-promo events in their area? My Ducks do a monthly thing at a local auto repair shop or grocery store and give away sunglasses, shirts, or do raffles for game tickets, and the mascot walks around and poses for pictures with the kids. It's great. I have gotten a bunch of shirts and sunglasses and last time I got chap stick which was perfect cause it was a windy day. Just wanted to know if other sports teams are that rad 8-)

PS: Khushrenada and I are kicking off the first hockey Discord chat for tomorrow's Ducks@Oilers game.

Tomorrow--Sunday, Mar. 25 (9:30pm ET). Just hop onto the NWR Discord. PM me for questions.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2018, 03:13:26 AM »
and Patrick Eaves rises from his grave,

lol, that's almost what a return would be. I mean, it is a pretty serious syndrome that he's got but talk about a major career setback. And I'm still not sure if it is even worth waiting or hoping for Eaves to return to increase the depth of the team. When Eaves joined, he was having a career year. He scored over 30 goals. He's never done that before in his career. His best year goalwise was his rookie year where he scored 20. He's 33 now and I have serious doubts as to his ability to get 50 points again in a single year especially after dealing with this immune system deficiency that can almost paralyze a person.

I find it interesting that you drop Perry down to the third line to make room for Eaves but Perry just ain't the producer he used to be. Getzlaf can still put up points and him and Rakall are kind of the new top line tandem alright so I can get behind a drop for Perry but I'd be surprised if the coach actually drops him that far considering the salary. But if the Ducks could pick up a high end talent worth a top line spot, I do agree that Perry is the weak link on that line these days. Frankly, I wonder what a Silfverberg / Perry switch in the line-up could look like now that you've got me thinking of future possibilities.

Selanne Force Ghost sounds like a great fourth liner. At this point, I'd even take Concussed Kariya for a fourth line spot.

Man, I wish I was in a city where Hockey isn't the number one sport so they have community outreach junkets like that. In Canada, it just seems like they do some hospital visits and some charity work and that's it. The teams have enough fans buying merchandise that they don't seem to see a need to give out anything for free or raise awareness of the team and reach out to the fans much that way. But maybe too, the events wouldn't work well with a lot of fans trying to get all the free stuff they can or start asking for autographs and telling the players how they need to shoot more or whatever grievance they've got with the team. Since it is often the only sport in town, people can get pretty worked up about it which is something I don't think Anaheim has to worry about too much. I should come down to LA. I want a picture with WildWing and a Ducks shirt myself. What I've really been after for awhile now is a classic Ducks Away jersey with the Mighty Duck logo on it and the green/teal and white mixture. Not as big a fan of the eggplant look but the Away jersey is pretty sweet. Always hated the change to the black uniform with just the words Anahiem Ducks and the webbed foot. Such a soulless jersey. Like the third orange jersey with the Mighty Ducks logo on it much better. May end up just getting one of those instead since they're a bit easier to come by.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18:45 AM »
And, oh yeah, join in the Discord hockey chat. Let's see this Connor McDavid in action. He just took the scoring lead somehow despite the rest of his team not doing that great.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2018, 03:36:07 AM »
I'm busy tomorrow, but I'm definitely in if you do it again some other time.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2018, 04:17:12 AM »
I think we'll definitely try it again on Mar. 30 with the freeway match-up of Kings vs Ducks so perhaps that can work for you. Guess it depends how much we have to say after the Oiler game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
Just a reminder that the NWR Discord channel will be hijacked again for some hockey talk tonight. (Windyman seemed to really like it.) It will be happening during the Ducks vs Kings game so that will be the focus but if you want to talk about other hockey games and teams, jump on in. It's going to be a thrilling battle of teams fighting for the last couple playoff spots. The Ducks decided to lose to the Canucks on Tuesday just to make it even more exciting but Kings couldn't do their part and lose to Coyotes last night so here we are.  :P: :

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2018, 04:09:32 AM »
So what about that accountant goalie? When is the movie coming out?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:50:44 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2018, 10:51:23 PM »
The stage is set for Flyers-Penguins in the first round of the playoffs. Claude Giroux finished off his 102-point season with a hat trick this afternoon, and Brian Elliott looked strong in his second game back from injury. This should be an interesting series.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2018, 12:43:47 AM »
I'm already hyping it on Discord! I was kind of hoping for a Pens/Flyers match-up second round since I don't think a match-up between the Pens and/or Capitals/Blue Jackets would be as entertaining for a follow-up but, yes, I clearly expect the Pens to still win and move on. That said, as motivated as the Capitals might be to not lose to the Penguins AGAIN, I don't think any team will be as motivated as the Flyers to knock out the reigning champ Penguins and be the ones to end their three-peat bid (except maybe Nashville if they were to rematch.)

As such, there's probably no greater and better test for the Penguins on whether they can repeat again. I expect it to be a tough challenge and if they get through it then look out! That could be a huge psychological boost and motivator for them to pull off such a rare feat. That said, as tough as the 2012 playoffs were to take as a Penguins fan when they last faced the Flyers, it is still one of my favorite playoff series in the past decade because of how much action, scoring and shenanigans happened in that series. I had a hard time watching any more playoff hockey after that because nothing else could match the entertainment value of that series. I'm not sure if such a spectacle like that will happen again this year but if it does I just want the Pens to be the ones to come out victorious this time.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2018, 02:04:16 AM »
Honestly I would have preferred to play Washington given how well we did against them in the regular season and to hopefully give Elliott a bit more game experience before having to go up against the Penguins. As cliche as it sounds, this series is really going to come down to the power play. If you look at the numbers, Pittsburgh this season really hasn't been that great of a 5-on-5 team, but in our matchups this year the Pens power play completely gashed the Flyers and we couldn't do anything with our opportunities. The Flyers lately have been doing a good job of just avoiding taking penalties in general, and for them to be successful in this series I think they're going to need to keep that up.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2018, 02:11:38 AM »
Well, the Ducks did it and took that second place spot from Sharks after hovering around 4 and 5 in the division for most of the season. If not for the injuries suffered, (I believe I saw a report a few weeks ago that the Ducks led the league in games missed by players due to injury this year but that could have changed by the end of season) they probably would have won another division title. 6th year in a row going to the postseason for the Ducks. May not seem that impressive but it is the second longest active playoff streak in the NHL right now (Penguins have the first longest with now 12 straight years of playoffs [Do I know how to pick teams or what?]) and it is the 5th year in a row that the Ducks have cleared over 100 points. (It probably would have been the 6th if the abbreviated lockout season in 2013 hadn't occurred because they were clearly on pace for it then as well.)

They've been overlooked quite a bit this year because of the injuries resulting in their middling play and not getting much traction in the standings. Since they haven't been as dominant against teams like the past 5 years, a lot of people have been writing them off but then they got healthy and mostly back to a full roster before season's end and have begun to resemble the team they've been the past 5 years going 10-1-1 over their last 12 games. They're still not at 100% but they are going into the playoffs very strong and I really think they've got the best shot at getting to that Western Conference Final again from their division.

Bring on the playoffs already! (I hope Invincible Donkey Kong was able to pick up a second free Ducks shirt to send my way. ;) )

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2018, 02:36:30 AM »
Honestly I would have preferred to play Washington given how well we did against them in the regular season and to hopefully give Elliott a bit more game experience before having to go up against the Penguins. As cliche as it sounds, this series is really going to come down to the power play. If you look at the numbers, Pittsburgh this season really hasn't been that great of a 5-on-5 team, but in our matchups this year the Pens power play completely gashed the Flyers and we couldn't do anything with our opportunities. The Flyers lately have been doing a good job of just avoiding taking penalties in general, and for them to be successful in this series I think they're going to need to keep that up.

Honestly, I was kind of hoping that Flyers would take on and eliminate the Capitals in the first round while Pittsburgh took on the Blue Jackets again and eliminated them in the first round and then met the Flyers in a second round match-up. I think Flyers could have upset Caps and I don't think Columbus quite has the make-up to do that. I'm also kind of tired of the Pens/Caps 2nd round match-up so to have the Flyers eliminate them would have been a nice change of pace. Heck, I think even the Devils had the potential to upset Caps but the Caps probably got the best match-up for themselves. Flyers should have lost in OT today to clinch playoffs and play the Caps but, nope, they had to go and whoop the Rangers without thinking of their seeding results.

I've said to a few people that I've got no problem if the Caps were to put it together finally and win the Cup. Ovechkin is one of the all-time greats to play the game with how he's been able to stay so productive in goal-scoring. At this point, as a Pens fan, I'm well aware of the limitations in his game when it comes to playing defense but you can't take away the fact that few players are able to score at the pace he has especially in an era where goaltenders have larger pads and cover more of the net and are much better trained in how to cut down angles and protect the net. The only thing is that I don't want the Capitals to win if that means the Penguins lose. Beating the Caps in the second round is kind of like the good-luck charm for the Penguins since every time they've beat the Capitals in the second round they have then won the Cup in the Crosby era. So, why fix what ain't broke? But unlike other Pens fans, I am starting to feel bad for Ovechkin always having to talk to the media about losing in the second round. Even Boudreau got to experience a 3rd round of the playoffs once while coaching the Ducks. Ah well. A lot can still happen. I'm just glad it's finally about to happen. I've been ready and waiting for the playoffs for over a couple months now to see what will happen and we are less than 4 days away from it finally starting.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
Still don't know who the Leafs are playing in R1 because of all those nor'easters we had, but I'm looking at their record breaking regular season that landed them in third as a product of half the division emptying entire clips into their feet.

I do hope it's the Bruins because of the... unpleasantness... of May 13/13, but we'll see. It's a tough matchup either way.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 09, 2018, 01:03:20 AM »
The Bruins it is. I'm excited for it. I'm shocked that Bruins didn't win the division in the end from the Lightning. They are coming into the playoffs having gone 1-4 in their last 5 games, a lot of players have been getting injured or coming back from injury and may not be 100% and the Leafs beat them 3 out of 4 times this year. Granted, 2 of those wins came in November before the Bruins became the mighty team they turned into this year but they seem vulnerable right now and I'm getting a vibe from the Leafs this year that they are ready and confident to take and eliminate the Bruins.

Meanwhile, Tampa has lost all 3 games the played against the Devils this year and 2 of those occurred in the past two months. Tampa seems to have cooled a bit from their hot start in the first half of the season though they still ended up with the third most points in the league. But, unlike Predators vs Avalanche, there may actually be a real chance at an upset in this series which I was not expecting. I do think the Devils were going to be a bit of a challenge for any team that faced them but the Lightning may find it more of a challenge than others. With Taylor Hall making it to the postseason for the first time, I am more intrigued in this series than I thought I would be.

Time to take over the NWR Discord channel for the next couple months. (Depending on various outcomes) The NHL was half considerate. For just about the first week, the Penguins and Ducks games are on alternate nights until the game 4 for both of those series and then the Pens and Ducks games will fall on the same night each night. Hopefully there's no long overtime sessions cutting into the Ducks games during that time. So, I'll be ready to go each night on Discord during the games but probably end up just alternating after that during those series. We'll see but hopefully all the NWR hockey fans will be ready to jump on and start making this a lively postseason chat as we see how that crazy rubber disc bounces along this year.

My dream final four this year would be TOR, PIT, WPG, ANA. Now let's see how many of my dreams will be dashed this year.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2018, 10:35:24 PM »
Woop woop, I did get another free shirt, and Sean Pronger signed my #PaintItOrange shirt I got from last year's playoff promo stop. I asked him what the Ducks need to do differently to get past the Preds and how to beat Vegas. Later he judged a mini-rap contest for playoff tickets. Great guy.

Ducks won the last 5 games, their first and only 5-game win streak of the season. I'll be in SJ at the same time as Game 3&4, so I'll report back any nasty comments from hooligans while sporting my sport cap. I'm guessing LA for round 2, Preds round 3, Pens for the money and Ducks take it all.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2018, 12:42:02 PM »

So good. Poor Insanolord. Guess that's why he's focusing on Soccer.

By the way, Shaymin, if interested, I plan to check out some of the Bruins/Leafs game and will be ready to post on Discord during the game. Had a new user show up interested in the Hockey Discussions, specifically the Leafs as he is a Leafs fan so you may want to check in for that too if posting with others during the game appeals to you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2018, 06:59:08 PM »
I'm actually focusing on baseball right now, since soccer isn't going very well for me at the moment either.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2018, 10:29:57 PM »
So over/under 2.5 games for Kadri after that stupidity tonight? I thought he headbutted a guy, but that's even worse.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 13, 2018, 01:20:39 AM »
Just saw it. Yeah, I'd say 2 games seems highly likely. I don't think he has a history of suspension which might limit it but that is definitely the kind of headshot on a vulnerable player the league has been trying to get out of the game for awhile now so it could be more yet.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »
Boy, Hockey Discord is really blowing up. Why are people allowed to fist fight in hockey but no other field sports?